“Small resort, great service!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Small resort, great service!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

This resort is NOT on the beach. But fear not! Lol there is 3 resorts in the coulda sac the right is this one the left (so directly across the way) is the plaza pelicanos grande, to which you would have full access too! Aaannnd there is a beach there! We stayed at a 5*+ in Cancun a few years ago and I preferred this place hands down! It was actually LESS of a walk to the beach here! The service staff are amazing! Especially the hotel manager!! On valentines day he went out of his way. My boyfriend asked him to get me some roses an put then in our room for when we got back that evening and did he ever! The room was also decorated beautiful and romantic. My boyfriend really likes his captain Morgan rum lol and they don't carry it there so we went and bought a bottle at the Walmart, which was only about $9 for a 26 btw!!, and the bartenders had no problems putting our room # on it and keeping behind the bar. If they seen us in the lobby bar they would go over to the pool bar, get the bottle and bring him a drink before he even had to ask for one. Lol there is so much more I could tell you about how wonderful the place is but ill stop rambling hahaha our only complaint was there was alot of locals with there young children up until all hour of the night. But that is not in the control of the resort and I fully understand that! But you def get your $'s worth here! :-)

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was my 7th time in vallarta and first and last time at this hotel.
I have stayed at places with lower ratings that proved more accommodating than this place.
After checking in we went to our room and found we had a room with a view of a wall with a air conditioner sticking out of it which was pretty disappointing since we booked far in advance and requested a room with a pool or ocean view. We also found no safe we called the front desk asked where the safe is he said in the closet we looked and found nothing. We went to the front and were told its busy the safes aren't available. They provided us with a safe box in the lobby. The food is beyond gross i wouldn't feed it to people in jail. I paid over $4000 for this trip for me and my kids and expected edible food. No wifi unless you pay...most hotels have free wifi in the lobby at least.
I found huge bugs which looked like cockroaches but weren't in my bed and when i brought this to the front they said we will have someone check my room and that was the end of it no apology or moving of rooms.
The bar strana is located beside the hotel and you can expect to hear it pounding on your walls until 6 am
4 people in the room and they refused to give us more than 2 towels for bathing. The first night we were given no blankets on our beds and froze until the am when we were able to find a maid who found us a blanket.
the staff is not friendly at all they don't greet you when you come in and out and make you feel uncomfortable staying there.
this hotel has potential as its not run down and has great pools but with the nasty food and rude staff i don't see anyone wanting to stay there.
las palmas is directly next door and is 100 times better with friendly staff edible food and free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kasondra E
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Hotel service and staff are amazing. Its the food, eat a heavy breakfast and you will be ok. This was my 2nd time in PV, 1st time was at Hacienta (4*). If u can find a good deal for Pelicanos Club then go, but we did get bored of the food fast. Even the a la carte meals were taken right from the buffet but then served all fancy. The pop served had a rubber plastic taste. Oh and people do like to reserve the lounge chairs with their towels and not use them. The massage was really good. We still love Puerto Vallarta though.

• Stayed March 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed at the pelicanos beach resort for a week. We wanted a cheap holiday and this place met our needs. All of the staff were very friendly, in fact I didnt meet one that was very happy and helpful. Check in was great although we didnt get a very nice room with a view (our window faced a wall) at first but mid week we asked for an upgrade and recieved a room with a patio out looking a beautiful garden. There is two pools to enjoy, both with lounge chairs and a few lay down beds to get comfortable on. The hotel was kept very clean and seemed to have plenty of staff to direct any vacationers. The room came with a safe, that worked correctly, and I advise that you use it because my cell phone (that was broken anyways) mysteriously went missing mid week. Nothing else went missing other than that. The drinks were ever flowing and they had many varities of drinks to choose from. Any time I needed a drink one was quickly bought to me sometimes without me even asking. I personally did not like the food, it was the same stuff everyday, but honestly I have never enjoyed any mexican food at any resort. My girlfriend on the other hand seemed to enjoy the food so I think its all a matter of opinion. There was lots of events during the day if you like to do crafts, arobics, dancing lessons or whatever. The night life at the resort was pretty much non existant. They did have karoke a couple nights which I am not into and they also had cards another night in the one bar. We chose to leave the resort and explore the night life down town on the strip which was only a 5$ cab ride. There was pub crawls on several nights which means you can pay around $60 to get transported to 4 different pubs with all alchol included. The beach was right outside of the resort but be prepared to get bombarded by alot of mexicans trying to sell you scarfs, blankets, pipes, drugs, jetskis, jewerly, etc etc. The beach was not exactly a place you could get some peace and quiet. Anyways to sum up my opinion of the hotel I would say it is a good bargain (we only paid 855$can/ week), I would return to this resort despite the lack of night life, the phone going missing (it was my fault i didnt put it in the safe) and the crappy food. I think the good far out weighs the bad. Just go with low expecations and you will be plesantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HelennRyan
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Let's be Clear... The CLUB Pelicanos and the GRAND Pelicanos are two distinct resort separated a few blocs apart and not related in any way (other than management). This review is for the CLUB on March 2013.

The CLUB's Pelicanos accommodation are split in two section separated by a two 2min walk across the street. Let's call it ''The Main side'' is a set of four enclosed building comprising the Reception, Rooms, Buffet/Resto area, Pool w pool bar and Night Bar. The other section let's say ''The Sea Side'' is comprise of the NON SWIMMING Sea beach, Pool w bar, Entertainment Stage/show, BBQ, and buffet brought over on some nights.

PROS: Staff is top notch, drink are cold and tasty and brought to you, tips are appreciated but not expected, relatively limited variety at the buffet however tasty and clean... in line with the 3.5 stars rating, rooms are clean and beds comfortable,

CONS:
The CLUB's ''Main side'' is enclosed within three story high buildings with a pool at the center... zero view of PV, moutain or sea... it felt a little claustrophobic. It is EXTREMELY echo and noisy at night. Do not expect to sleep well if you have a room in the half closest to the reception/buffet area... we were in room 103... we solve the problem with earplugs! GOOD ONES!. The NON SWIMMING BEACH (which seems to be the case of several hotels in PV) was a bummer for us. My 10yo son's sandal were left outside on our terrace... gone the next morning... no big deal, we remained are happy to have provided another kid's with sandals! Be smart with your valuables.

Room Tip: Pool view farthest possible from Buffet area
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I travelled with friends and family and unfortunately midway through the trip my iPhone 5 was stolen, I went to get breakfast and lay by the pool and came back and my phone was gone. Total bull. The resort staff did diddly crap to help me find it. And as another reviewer above stated, very defensive. the food here; same every day, breakfast was good. Won't stay there again, paying 3.50$ an hour for wi-fi is just crap. Drink service staff were awesome and very thorough, but do not reccomend staying there nor will I ever again.
Travelled Feb 23- Mar. 2

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a safe in it. No exceptions. Always lock up, all times of the day.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

my girlfriend and i have just return from this hotel 24th-4th the place is very clean but old and dated. We had a ground level suite-Thank God cause then we had a patio, 2nd and 3rd level suites get no balconels. The pools are nice(two) both with swim up bars..drinks are good the food sucked! Breakfast was the only meal i ate everyday, Lunch was the same hamburgers and hotdogs with frys.and dinner was limited, Be ready to eat out. Small beach but staff and location do help to make this place just o.k..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple