We are a family with 2 young children (ages 7 and 4), and we spent 2 nights at Villa Azalea. Dulce, Santiago and the crew were very gracious hosts and we felt right at home. As other reviewers have noted, the villa is small (only 8 rooms) and this really adds to the charm and the level of service one receives. When we booked the room, we did not expect that all 3 meals were included in the rate of the room. This hotel is a bargain considering you will receive 3 high quality meals per day.
The room is tastefully decorated, and the views of the mountains and the nearby river are stunning. Our family typically stay in 5-star resorts, and this villa is comparable in terms of the service and food. Of course you will not have the typical amenities of a much larger hotel, but the trade-off for peace and tranquility is definitely worth it. We stayed at the Los Veneros resort in Punta de Mita prior to coming to Villa Azalea, and this villa was as nice of an experience for us.
The best parts of the villa were:
1) Very unique experience in a secluded mountain resort, away from the hustle and bustle of a big resort town
2) Exceptional service from Dulce and her team, including excellent food throughout our stay
3) Fun experience visiting the organic farm
We did not do the cooking class but we wish we had.
The only things to consider before booking here are:
1) Do not drive at night. The road is sinuous and can be scary to drive at night
2) Wifi coverage is spotty. But this is not a big deal since if you come here presumably you are wanting to be away from the rest of the world
3) There are very limited activities to do near the villa (except the botanical garden).
Best way to visit the villa is to finish off a Puerto Vallarta or Punta de Mita vacation with a few nights' stay at Villa Azalea to recharge the batteries before returning home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a small luxury hotel with world class service at Villa Azalea, an intimate, secluded property, located 20 miles south of Puerto Vallarta, in western Mexico; considered as one of the best resorts in Puerto Vallarta. Come and enjoy this couples oriented hotel, designed for the most demanding travelers as it was first conceived by its owner, a Swiss entrepreneur who has invested mind, heart and efforts for years and offer us now: Villa Azalea, a place that blends elegance, nature and good taste for the most eco friendly, relaxing vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.