Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B
US$338
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$212
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$276
US$472
US$251
  • Pool
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$631
US$308
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$408
US$370
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$536
US$487
All reviewsrooms are spaciousbeach chairspvvacationvallarta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed at the villa for 4 nights in mid May. This is the end of the dry season and there aren't too many tourists in Vallarta at this time. For several nights I was the only guest at the villa. What a great way to escape and decompress! The service was excellent and the food was even better. It's about an hour drive into the mountains from the city and so you're surrounded by trees, mountains and wildlife. I've never been into birding but the fruit trees around the villa attracted numerous brightly colored birds including trogons and flycatchers.

I ended up having dinner with the owner and her son (who runs the farm side of things), and it was clear they wanted me to feel at home. They'll go out of there way to accommodate diet needs and you help yourself to drinks and simply keep track of your own consumption for billing purposes.

The villa is about ten minute drive from the botanical gardens and about 20 minutes to the town of Tuito. No tourists in Tuito so again, a great place to submerse yourself in wonderfully friendly Mexican culture. I'd recommend a car rental as this is off the beaten path. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 47Dan47
DulceArguero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for your feedback, especially to Villa Azalea is a very versatile, because the same thing can be a wonderful holiday single people, couples or families. We are happy to check it.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I visited Villa Azalea during Easter week. We planned an impromtu getaway to Puerta Vallarta. We discovered Villa Azalea on Trip Advisor. We found the price to be good and the offering of three organic meals per day difficult to resist. My husband is a horticulturist and an Italian cook. So the gardens intrigued him and the thought of someone else doing the cooking was welcomed. When we arrived in Puerta Vallarta, Santiago met us at the airport and we drove through the little city heading toward Villa Azalea. The city was already filling with tourists and the tourist party was in full swing. We do not enjoy that type of scene. I was so happy that our destination was further south, in the mountains, away from the crowds. When we arrived at the Villa, we were offered Mohito near the pool. It was simply paradise. After spending the winter in the US northeast, sitting in the beautiful garden near the pool sipping a Mohito was great. Upon arrival I was offered the organic insect oil. I appreciated that because my skin was so dry from the winter, the oil served double purpose, softener and repellent. Neither my husband nor I got bites at Villa Azalea. Other guests got some but it definately was not a spoiler. The meals were fabulous, the hospitality was kind and warm. Dulce is a good hostess and a very efficient innkeeper. Everything runs smoothly. Our suite was very comfortable and well decorated. We visited the Botanical Gardens and it was memorable. Santiage was our guide and he was patient and well informed. My one regret is that I did not return to the gardens to relax and spend more time. When we return to Villa Azalea, I will bring my paintset and spend some afternoons at the Botanical Garden. One afternoon we went "downtown" to Puerta Vallarta. After the peacefulness of Azalea we were spoiled. The city drove us crazy and we ran back to the mountains. We used Azalea as a launchpad for many other beaches in the south. We went to the beach everyday. Very beautiful beaches could be accessed 15 minutes from the hotel (using a water taxi), however our favorite beaches were one hour away by car. We enjoyed driving as we enjoyed the countryside. We will definately return to Villa Azalea and I look foward to seeing the beautiful gardens that Santiago puts so much time and care into. He is such a quick learner and he has such humility. He takes advise easily. He is a gentle soul. Dulce, Santiago and Villa Azalea was such a pleasant surprise. We loved it and we hope to return again to visit our new friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Umberto B
DulceArguero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Wow!, Left without a word those beautiful comments, is of course a result of the love that came from people so friendly and beautiful as you, everything is returned. Of course we're hoping to see you again, to enjoy you and show a new places that we have discovered around here somewhere, and we want to share you.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I, along with another couple, just came back from the most wonderful experience at Villa Azalea! We spent less then 24 hours there but came away feeling like we'd had a week's vacation. We both had suites that were beautifully furnished. We enjoyed 3 meals, all of them superb, swam in both pools - the water in the small one in the courtyard felt like liquid silk! After breakfast we had a tour of the farm and picked our salad ingredients from their greenhouses for our lunch. It was served at a picnic table in the middle of the river... Dulce told us to consider the villa our home and we did. She offered us everything we could have wanted for a comfortable mini-vacation. Would highly recommend this for a day, a night or a week!

Room Tip: They have individual rooms as well as suites. We only saw two but they were gorgeous and I'm sure they all are. There's also a large room with table, big screen TV and over 100 movies to select from.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

What a beautiful review and recommendation, thank you very much for considering Villa Azalea your home, that's the main goal we want to convey to our guests. To enjoy the service and comfort as well as the facilities that were made for that! to share them with people like you who enjoy every moment.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A wonderful stay, a wonderful place, and a must see and do. My favorite part was picking my own greens for a salad and then sitting in the river to eat lunch!Thank you for the experience. will see you in one month for litchi festival :)

Room Tip: upstairs has the best views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

That's rite just 35 minutes from downtown to Puerto Vallarta, we are nestled in the mountains. thank you very much for your feedback the lychees are ready to harvest, we will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked the cooking class for a double birthday party.
Although we did not sleep at the villa we were given a lock up for our belongings and a quick tour of the main floor guest rooms (very nice ). Then a tour of the grounds and through the green houses to harvest our herbs and vegetables for the class. We drank ,we cooked, we ate .
The class was super fun and very informative. Dulce and her staff have a beautiful tranquil location that is one of a kind. We were a party of 8 and all agreed that we would do it again .
I would highly recomend this as a perfect day trip or better yet book some rooms and stay overnight.

TODO BIEN !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DulceArguero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villa Azalea - Luxury B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

For staff was also very nice to celebrate the birthday with a Cooking Class,
We feld that you were the best and of course we like to have you again staying at this wonderful place. Overnight stay at Villa Azalea is a total experience.