“Best at lunch, not as impressed with dinner.”

Bar Oceano Restaurante
Ranked #176 of 998 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Bar Oceano Tropical on the Malecon in Puerto Vallarta. Food Drinks and Fun since 1955.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best at lunch, not as impressed with dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

My friend and I went twice during the week of Nov 1-8th. The first visit was for lunch and our shrimp dinners were awesome. The best I had in PV. I had the garlic shrimp and my plate was full of delicious tasty shrimp with enough leftover sauce to dip the tortillas in. At dinner there were only 5 shrimp, with no extra sauce and hard garlic bread. We also had a beautiful view of the beach during the lunch meal.

• Visited November 2013

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Food and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were lured in by the $1 Margaritas, but we were very impressed by the food. There are 5 in our family and everyone loved their meal. Great food and staff, will definitely return the next time we are in PV

Roseburg, Oregon
“Great bar on the Malecon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We visited this bar on our cruise to Panama. It was recommended by one of the ships crew. Dollar beer and drinks. After $6 beer on the ship this sounded great. The viiew of the bay and ocean was super. The bar was friendly, the drinks were cold and refreshing, and the food was great. We had their special natchos which were tasty. After all the bland food on the ship, the hot salsa was a treat. A great place to spend an afternoon.

DF
“Great atmosphere without a high pricetag”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Like other reviewers we were hot and tired and did not want to be hassled by all the places along the malecon. The staff outside were polite and friendly so we decided on this place without having read about it. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and even better food. The fish tacos (while not exactly like the originals in Ensenada) were great, the drinks super cold, fantastic view and very relaxed vibe. Would def go back again!

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was in PV during, what I think is the hottest time of the year. September. My daughter and I had been walking around town all day in the 35 degree heat, and after shopping and being unmercifully harassed by time share people, were tired, sweaty hot and crabby. We were walking along the Malecon and a man invited us to dine at his restaurant. We looked up towards it, and said, Hell ya. Were seated and the view was amazing. The cool breeze that flowed throughout was just what we needed. We were offered the lovely $1.00 margarita, which I did not decline. The menu was great. I had a grilled shrimp dinner, which was ridiculously affordable. The manager was very attentive and was a pleasure to converse with. The service, outstanding. I cannot say enough positive about this place. I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013