“Rediscovered”

A Page in the Sun
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife, Kathy used to frequent this used book store/cafe often when it was in its old location which was just across the street from Playa Los Arcos where we were staying. We recently rediscovered it in its new location when we were down in PV in May and we revisited it again in October. It is only a couple of blocks from its old location on Lazaro Cardenas across from the park. It is significantly larger than the old store with an expanded menu. Since we only go for the books, I can't comment on the Cafe fare. The breath of the book selection is quite large; something for everyone. Whether you're trading books or purchasing outright, the prices are very good especially considering how much new books cost in PV. My wife has actually received more for a book than she paid for it at a used book store in the States. Now there's a deal for you. One last thing, I have never encounter anyone on the staff who did not have a reasonable command of English.

There are newer reviews for A Page in the Sun

Reviewed 4 November 2013

So disappointing! I used to love this place at their old location. Now it is dark with no atmosphere. Lots of people with headphones and microphones "chatting" online, so it's kinda noisy. The staff had poor English skills and to top it all off, the coffee was bitter. I won't be back.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This lovely little book shop (English books!) and bistro type food plus a good house wine and espresso... delightful apple pie even!!!!

Oh what a welcome find!!!!!

I am two weeks in and this is my home away from home.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've been to Pagina En El Sol several times on my last couple trips to Vallarta and always find it a welcome oasis in the city. Coffee is excellent (I know of no other place to find a latte in Old Vallarta), wifi is free and you can find yourself a nice book to read for cheap. My last trip I sat outside, sipped my soy latte and watched the ladies on the square practicing some sort of jazzercize, which was a riot, but truly, people watching is always good there. For a good read and a fine cup of Joe you can't beat it!

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This is nice and spacious compared to their previous location. Nice helpful and great deserts for sure. A great place to visit repeatedly!!!