“Majolica Antica is my favorite place to shop in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Majolica Antica

Majolica Antica
San Diego, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Majolica Antica is my favorite place to shop in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Puerto Vallarta is full of touristy knick-knacks and inexpenive souvenirs, but f you're looking for something substantial and high quality, please check out Majolica Antica. It is a beautiful little store that specializes in Talavera pottery, just one block from the Malecon. The owner Antonio Cordero is very knowledgeable and very patient. You can browse forever and he will explain each piece to you, or leave you alone, whatever you want. He's a great guy to talk to, knowledgeable about both pottery and PV. You can tell he really loves what he does. I've started a collection from this store, each time I go to PV I pick up more. I also give this pottery as gifts to my friends, who really love it. The styles run the gamut from the classic dark blue, clearly Mexican style to softer blues and greens that look almost Tuscan in design. Don't be shy about asking for the best price especially if you're buying multiple pieces. Antonio wraps everything up very carefully so you can carry it back home in your luggage.

Visited February 2012