Overall, I was very excited to go down to PV. I have been there over 8 times and haven't been back in years. I wanted to go to an all adult resort that was not so large and focused more on service and their experience. Villa Premiere (VP) seemed online to have all of that. I booked my vacation via USAirways Vacations for a special birthday occasion. I wanted to make this an exciting trip for a special someone so I booked the nicest room VP had, the Master Suite. I paid extra for this, but felt it was worth it. We arrived in PV from AZ (two hour nonstop flight w/o incident) and checked into VP. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and was so excited. We were greeted with champagne and a 5 min back massage. Then, Fernando, Front Desk Manager asked us to come to his office. I was expected to hear about the resort, welcome and enjoy yourself. I was very surprised to hear that the room that I booked, that I paid extra money for this special occasion was not available. Basically, it was overbooked. I was really disappointed b/c a hotel, especially one online at this caliper would make sure rooms were available, especially the nicest one for guests. He said for the 2nd half of your trip, you can have the room and he would offer to massages at the Spa for the troubles. We really didn't have a choice, even though we were very disappointed. He tried to sell us on the downgraded Spa hotel room, but I recalled that the honeymoon room was much nicer and asked to see that room as well. Of course, that was the case. The Spa room had a tiny balcony and the Honeymoon had a much larger one, so we took that. The 2nd part of the trip, we moved all of our bags into the Master Suite. This room was amazing. The balcony was so large and had an amazing view. The size of the room was probably over 1500 sq ft. It was nice to stay in the room and wish the entire trip was there. We didn't even unpack our bags b/c we had to move in a few days to this room.
Besides this incident, overall here is my summary:
-Food was excellent as well as presentation. I have stayed all around the world from Spain, Greece, Dominican Republic, all over Mexico, Turks and Caicos, St John and more. Some were all inclusive and some were not. This resort by far had the best food. The drinks were good as well. The outside bartenders and servers really need to step up their game and service around the pool and on the beach. There was no beach service at all and many times the servers were just standing around. Once you ask for something, they did bring it. But, why do you have to? Just give good service.
-The beach cabanas go filled up with "save towels on the chairs" by early morning. It is kind of a disappointed and selfishness that many guests put these towels on the small amount of cabanas and never used them all day. The resort should definitely monitor those and many give them to guests that have a suite or master suite so they don't have to fight for one everyday.
-The restaurants in the resort were all excellent as well as service.
When I was checking out I wanted to make sure that I got some documentation that I was downgraded from the Master Suite to a lower suite for compensation refund to my credit card. I was leaving and needed to get to the airport and it took almost an hour for them to write up a small letter stating I had to change rooms. They put their legal wording stating a massage would be sufficient for the downgrade and would not hold them responsible. I was not happy they couldn't just state they gave me a massage for the inconvenience and we apologize.
Needless to say I am filing a compliant with US Airways Vacations.
Overall, I would say it was a nice resort. Housekeeping would be a little bit better (didn't clean off counters as well as removing trash from the trashcan, refilling coffee packages even though they say that I used some).
If I could take the beaches of Playa Del Carmen and transport it to PV with the Master Suite, that would be ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere