“Nice Hotel, but needs improvements”

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Overall, I was very excited to go down to PV. I have been there over 8 times and haven't been back in years. I wanted to go to an all adult resort that was not so large and focused more on service and their experience. Villa Premiere (VP) seemed online to have all of that. I booked my vacation via USAirways Vacations for a special birthday occasion. I wanted to make this an exciting trip for a special someone so I booked the nicest room VP had, the Master Suite. I paid extra for this, but felt it was worth it. We arrived in PV from AZ (two hour nonstop flight w/o incident) and checked into VP. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and was so excited. We were greeted with champagne and a 5 min back massage. Then, Fernando, Front Desk Manager asked us to come to his office. I was expected to hear about the resort, welcome and enjoy yourself. I was very surprised to hear that the room that I booked, that I paid extra money for this special occasion was not available. Basically, it was overbooked. I was really disappointed b/c a hotel, especially one online at this caliper would make sure rooms were available, especially the nicest one for guests. He said for the 2nd half of your trip, you can have the room and he would offer to massages at the Spa for the troubles. We really didn't have a choice, even though we were very disappointed. He tried to sell us on the downgraded Spa hotel room, but I recalled that the honeymoon room was much nicer and asked to see that room as well. Of course, that was the case. The Spa room had a tiny balcony and the Honeymoon had a much larger one, so we took that. The 2nd part of the trip, we moved all of our bags into the Master Suite. This room was amazing. The balcony was so large and had an amazing view. The size of the room was probably over 1500 sq ft. It was nice to stay in the room and wish the entire trip was there. We didn't even unpack our bags b/c we had to move in a few days to this room.

Besides this incident, overall here is my summary:
-Food was excellent as well as presentation. I have stayed all around the world from Spain, Greece, Dominican Republic, all over Mexico, Turks and Caicos, St John and more. Some were all inclusive and some were not. This resort by far had the best food. The drinks were good as well. The outside bartenders and servers really need to step up their game and service around the pool and on the beach. There was no beach service at all and many times the servers were just standing around. Once you ask for something, they did bring it. But, why do you have to? Just give good service.
-The beach cabanas go filled up with "save towels on the chairs" by early morning. It is kind of a disappointed and selfishness that many guests put these towels on the small amount of cabanas and never used them all day. The resort should definitely monitor those and many give them to guests that have a suite or master suite so they don't have to fight for one everyday.
-The restaurants in the resort were all excellent as well as service.

When I was checking out I wanted to make sure that I got some documentation that I was downgraded from the Master Suite to a lower suite for compensation refund to my credit card. I was leaving and needed to get to the airport and it took almost an hour for them to write up a small letter stating I had to change rooms. They put their legal wording stating a massage would be sufficient for the downgrade and would not hold them responsible. I was not happy they couldn't just state they gave me a massage for the inconvenience and we apologize.

Needless to say I am filing a compliant with US Airways Vacations.

Overall, I would say it was a nice resort. Housekeeping would be a little bit better (didn't clean off counters as well as removing trash from the trashcan, refilling coffee packages even though they say that I used some).

If I could take the beaches of Playa Del Carmen and transport it to PV with the Master Suite, that would be ideal.

Room Tip: make sure you get the room you book.
5  Thank JJBAZ
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

We really appreciate the time taken to express your opinion and observations, please be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

I deeply regret the inconveniences found during your stay, please make sure we are taking corrective actions to avoid those kinds of incidents happen again. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again and serve you as you deserve.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This was our 9th straight year back at Villa Premiere and we stayed 2weeks this year. It's great to go to a place that is like home. Javier at the pool takes very good care of us. He really knows his guests and teaches the new staff what we like. Faustino,Carlos, Adal, Socimo,Fidel, Fernando, Lisandro and other bell men are great. Ara, the concierge is very helpful as well. These folks are why we return. Look for these people they are awesome. We have stayed in the master suite the past 2 years and have stayed in all the rooms. All rooms have a great view but the master suite allows your to see up and down the beach. The new bar La Corona was a nice addition and the food was even better this year. They definitely go out of their way to please you it was such a wonderful vacation. It's disappointing to see the timeshare pitch going on in the lobby and it being talked About at the pool. This is disappointing to see. I hope they don't make the change I would hate to think about not being able to stay here in the future. We are booked for next year if all goes well. This is a great adult only boutique hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roxanne H
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Hello Roxane & Monte!
I have not words enough to thank you for keep coming back; certainly we are making so many new things for our more loyal repetitive customers like you. Our staff is our greatest pride because we recognize that without them the service that you receive won’t be the same. Once again thank you for sharing your memories and experiences, we look forward to your next visit to exceed your expectations and pamper you as you deserve.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, once again our expectations were not only met but exceeded !!!!.
We have been going to PV for years it is the best Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, the hotel is beautiful it is very clean the rooms all have a great ocean view and the food is outstanding, saying all that is easy, what makes this hotel stand above anywhere else that we have stayed is the Staff, they are the hotels biggest asset, everyone is so helpful and freindly they really make you feel at home nothing is to much trouble and they made us feel like family, Arturo (AKA James Bond) makes sure his team are happy he is a great role model and team leader, Fiedel the Bartender needs to have a mention he will make you anything your heart desires, Gabrielle is a wonderful hostess her smile made my day everytime we came into contact with her Manuel who takes care your dining is wonderful too there are to many staff to name them all but for myself and my husband we will never stay anywhere else, thank you so much for making our vacation wonderful we will be back for sure !!!

Gillian and Clifford
Room 2505 March 31-April 06 2013

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
1  Thank 457stringbean

I just want to thank you for the wonderful review that you dedicated to Villa Premiere; it is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff. We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you, thank you again for being chosen as your home away home, All the best!!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa Premiere for the second time in March. We have never returned to the same resort (as we like to try new places) but we had such fond memories of Villa Premiere we chose to return.
Our first stay at VP was 3 years ago, in the meanwhile we stayed at Secrets Vallarta Bay but prefer Villa Premiere.
The plusses are the pool is heated just enough to break the chill, the food and service are excellent, the spa is quite adequate, location is fantastic. Our only complaint is the rooms need to be updated, especially the bathrooms. The shower heads are old and rusty, the toilet is extremely loud when flushed. The coffee maker in the room was old. The room was comfortable but just needs a facelift.
We enjoy going to Buenaventura next door when the VP gets quiet at night. We recommend walking down the beach past Buenaventura to Barracuda Beach Restaurant. The servings are huge and delicious.
We are returning to Puerto Vallarta next month on a family vacation so we will be staying at Sunset Plaza. When we return for an adults only trip we will definately be back at VP!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RU-OK-2

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities here and also in our sister resort Buenaventura. We will work in some improvements that are necessary to be done in order to give you the best service and facilities every time. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again here at your home away from home.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Vila Premiere exceeded all the reviews you see on trip advisor. My wife and I stayed 5 nights following Easter week and could not have been happier. We did the All inclusive and were completly satisfied with service and value. We did upgrade to the Master suite and were not dissapointed at all. Wonderful accommodation. The food is even better than reviewed. Excellent TIMELY service, WE did the romantic dinner on the pier and this was one great experience though the food was no finer that at the restaurants on site. Very relaxing atmosphere. We have stayed elsewhere in PV in the past as well as cruised in a few times, When we go back it will be to the Villa Premiere

Room Tip: 2101 Master Suite looked to be the largest varanda of all. All rooms though are excellent
1  Thank BobJToledoWA

I really want to thank you for taking the time of sharing your comments at Trip Advisor and for giving us the opportunity of being your host in your holidays.
Thanks to this kind of comments. Hopefully we will have the opportunity again to have you and exceed your expectations in a near future at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Between spring break travelers and Easter vacationers, our four day stay in PV coincided with their busiest week of the year. While other downtown resorts were literally bursting at the seams with noisy children, boisterous families and teen partiers, Villa Premiere was an oasis of peace, romance, quality and relaxation. Our departing flight was overbooked so the airline gave us a free night at the Sheraton a few doors down, what a zoo! The Sheraton's quality of service, food, lodgings and ambiance couldn't hold a candle to Villa Premiere.

TIPS:

CONSIDERING ALL-INCLUSIVE? Front desk offers it on a daily basis so you can explore local restaurants some days and, on others, enjoy the ease of the hotel's exquisite dining, 24 hour room service and unlimited drinks for just $80 per person (we bargained down to $70, perhaps you can too). Some reviewers complained about having to sign checks for meals and drinks (instead of wearing a wrist band like larger resorts) but we found it helped keep track of the well-deserved additional tips we put on our tab. Since we only stayed 3 nights, we chose all-inclusive every day and were extremely pleased with the quality cuisine and attentive, friendly service. Each morning, we'd order a pot of coffee from room service as soon as we woke, then within 15 minutes enjoyed it on the balcony while watching the full moon set as the sun rose.

ABOUT THE ROOM: Well appointed, clean, quiet and relatively spacious, our 7th story room had a great view from the balcony and our bathroom boasted a huge jacuzzi tub with separate shower. Maids serviced the room with turn-down service and re-stocked the mini-bar twice a day Comfy bed, our only complaint was that the duvet seemed to weigh a ton!

PACK WATER SHOES if you plan to swim in the beautiful, cool, blue waters of the Pacific. The seemingly sandy beach turns into a painful rocky mine field just a few yards in.

BEWARE OF TIME SHARE AGENTS AND EXCURSION SALESPEOPLE, they're everywhere! You'll first encounter dozens hawking on the gauntlet between customs and the airport exit. They'll try to convince you that they're your ride to the hotel. Ignore them and push through to your legitimate ground transportation at the exit. You'll continually be barraged at hotels, restaurants and souvenir shops, too, plus lots of peddlers…just part of the PV experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank womanare
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Is a true honor to have such a nice comments about your stay with us. Thank you for sharing with another travelers your experience about how did you feel with the facilities, service and our all-inclusive optional plan. Villa Premiere is concerned about the quality in all areas. It will be great to host you again in your peaceful oasis!

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed here over new years 2013. The best part of the hotel was the location and friendly service. Puerto Vallarta is such a great town and this hotel is within easy walking distance of the Malicon. We stayed with the regular (not all inclusive) package and were glad we did. Only breakfast was included in our package and it was actually great but with so many outstanding restaurants to experience a short walk away in Puerto Vallarta we wanted to eat our dinners outside the hotel. Puerto Vallarta is actually quite inexpensive to eat and drink out in. Having said that the breakfast was outstanding and pure paradise to have on the restaurant overlooking the beach so if you do go with the AI I would expect it would be good.

The pool area was nice but a little too quiet for my liking. Some music would have been nice. There were some cabanas by the beach which were nice. If you want a cabana you have to get up at 6:30am to reserve it with your towel/bag. After a few days of seeing the same people at the cabanas we did exactly that. The drinks were expensive and fairly weak so I kept most of my drinking to in town where they were much better, cheaper and stronger. I noticed most people were not drinking around the pool. Note to hotel you can make more $ by providing better value on the drinks.

The one disappointment with this hotel was the room. We had the standard room and it was a very basic room and a little dated although clean. Not what I expected at this price point. It had an old tube style TV and a dripping facet in the bathroom. The balcony is ocean view but sits within a foot or two the the neighbours balcony so you have zero privacy. Two different neighbours spent half their days/nights smoking on their balcony which kept us off ours. The safe in the room was not bolted down so anyone could pick it up and walk away with it. First time I have seen that.

For the right price I would return again and would recommend it to anyone who wants a quiet adult hotel within walking distance to all Puerto Vallarta has to offer.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are ocean view but very basic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MacdaddyVancouverBC

Thank you very much for your preference at Villa Premiere and posting your nice comments. As a boutique Hotel our concept is rest and relaxation, we do not have loud music or activities that interfere with this concept but we invite to all our guests to use the facilities in our sister resort Buenaventura Grand. I am sorry to hear the room was not what you expect; hopefully you give us another chance to host you on a near future.