We spent two glorious weeks at the Villa Premiere in April and it was the best vacation we’ve ever had. This is my fifth visit to PVR and after staying here I won’t even contemplate another hotel. This place just wowed us from the minute we arrived to a welcome glass of bubbly and complimentary massage, while our pillow and aromatherapy selections were arranged, to the sad moment we left and said our goodbyes to the wonderful employees that made our stay here unforgettable.
What puts this hotel head and shoulders above all the rest is their incredible, friendly and genuine, management and staff. One of us had to have an emergency gall bladder removal during our stay and the hotel went well above and beyond in their support and concern. An example of their incredible personal touch was the lengths they went to for our first dinner out of the room after returning from the hospital. It happened to be on the evening they have their special set menu which is served, prepared and cooked poolside – it’s a great way to take in the sunset, enjoy some live music and watch the chefs prepare your meal. Unfortunately, the entire menu was off limits for the discharged patient! Not only did they substitute every menu item (amuse, soup, salad, main, dessert), the entire meal was paced perfectly and all plates presented simultaneously – no easy task, two different menus coming from two separate kitchens! We were so touched by their efforts and the genuine concern from staff. The GM introduced himself and insisted that we let them know if there was anything we needed….a nice touch.
Louis – thank you so much for all the phone calls made on our behalf (note to self….learn Spanish!) and help communicating post-op dietary restrictions to the kitchen and dining captain. Maria – thank you so much for your invaluable advice, directions and warm conversation. Lisandro - you are amazing and we’re so happy we got to know you, thank you for taking such good care of us. David, the captain, and the fabulous waiters, Faustino, Adan, Francesco, Javier, Aldo and Arturo – thank you for your impeccable, friendly service! Thank you Gabby, our wonderful, and always happy and smiling, hostess To Coral, thank you for keeping our room so clean. Katy, thank you for our turn down service and towel animals – we loved the elephant and swan! To the many who’s name I have forgotten – I won’t forget your friendly smile and ‘hola’.
Like most of us, I checked out the reviews before we arrived and had a few concerns based on what I read. After staying at the resort I also wonder if some of the people complaining stayed at the same hotel! A few things I’d like to mention:
- Not once were we approached for any type of loyalty program or timeshare and we stayed for two weeks
- There were a few complaints about portion size and comments about waiting for long periods of time for food or to sign for your consumption. The portions are more than adequate - I often couldn’t finish my entrée. Out food always arrived hot, (especially room service) and there was only one day we had to wait for our food as the restaurant went from practically empty to full in about 5 minutes. It was no big deal; we sipped more coffee and enjoyed the ocean view while we waited. It never took long for ‘la cuenta por favor’ and we didn’t mind signing each time, even though we were all inclusive, as it made tipping a breeze! No need to bring pesos down to the pool or to dinner. Plus, you get a print out at the end of your stay itemizing your consumption.
- No one played the ‘towel game’ and, no matter when we came down, we always got chairs by the pool
- Re: beach vendors - all it takes is a simple ‘no, gracias’ if you’re not interested
- The wonderful people who work here, we have never felt so welcome
- The food – gourmet, beautiful presentation, fresh and flavourful. If you want something that’s not on the menu just ask they will do their best to accommodate you (this goes for room service too)
- Location, location, location! The hotel is perfectly situated within walking distance of the Malecon and a short cab ride to Walmart/Sam’s and the Marina
- No children!
- Very clean
- Avoid holidays. We stayed over Easter and because the beach is public anything goes! Thankfully it was only one night but we weren’t able to sleep as band of trumpets, tubas and snare drums decided to play different variations of the same song over and over and over again until 6am.
- The ‘Do Not Disturb’ tag that you put in your door doesn’t exactly deter anyone from knocking on your door or actually entering your suite. To me, DND means please don’t knock on the door, and don’t even think about letting yourself into my suite. Three times staff entered our suite while the Do Not Disturb key was in the door. We finally figured out that we should lock the deadbolt, that way no one could get in. Not a big deal but three times was a bit excessive.
- Wifi inconsistently spotty but no big deal….at least they advise you of it and let you know that it’s best in the lobby.
If you are celebrating a special occasion or splurging on your vacation stay in a master suite. It’s well worth the extra cost and you will have the vacation of a lifetime.
Thank you Villa Premiere – see you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Premiere