Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Phoenix, Arizona
“PV”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at VP in early July. We did the all-inclusive and it was well worth it. The food was excellent and the drinks were just right. We stayed in the honeymoon suite; the room is on the smaller side but the terrace is large with a great view of the pool and ocean. The service and professionalism at the hotel was superb. Javier at the pool bar runs to and fro to serve the pool guests like you would not believe. We ate mostly at the Corona restaurant and the waiters were very charming. The live music was also very good.
Oh, and the room service was great and efficient.

From VP the Malecon is a short but sweaty walk. Practice your 'no gracias' now as you will be saying it to every local salesperson you encounter. Despite this, the locals are kind to tourists and often speak excellent English. If you decide to practice your Spanish, they will be impressed.

We also did one of the tours to the Marieta islands which was fun. If I go again, I would do more activities and tours.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to PV that wants to stay within reasonable distance to downtown. It seemed to be one of the nicer properties.

I know it is difficult to choose a hotel sometimes after you read all the reviews. One must weigh the good and bad reviews which are often completely contradictory. I wonder how crazy and hard-to-please some of these people are who write these rambling reviews. The bottom line is my bf and I are kind, mostly normal people and we had a great time at Villa Premiere !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Katie H
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you very much for this review and for taking valuable time to do it we also appreciate your recommendation.
To know we make a couple happy is a complete satisfaction .
looking forward to see you back for another great time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Filled with workers who dont care about the guests and trying to displease you. They immediately dismiss your concerns and complaints making it impossible to enjoy your stay. In fact, the one thing I did enjoy was the cleaning ladies who are kind, but thats about it.

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank Julian B
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about us and it’s really a surprise to read you had an experience like this since is our goal that our guests have a wonderful vacation.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014 and this is not a Five Stars Hotel, hopefully is Three. The food and drinks are bad and it is not a customer service oriented hotel. The first response that you get to your requests is "no", in the final of the World Cup they refused to reduce the music in the bar so we can hear the final. It was necessary to go to two managers to finally overcome the "no". Forget to leave a magazine on your chair, the type of guests who attend this hotel will take it. You cannot put your things in a chair in front of the beach and go for a stroll, the guests will put your things away and take your spot. The waiters will not say anything when this happen. It was also picture session so guests can not use the beach or the pool from 4:30PM to 6:30 PM despite that we paid for it and we're not alerted at the time of booking.
The elevators smell humidity and so do the bed covers.
The beach by the hotel is full of pebbles. The waitress are friendly, the drinks are all made with fruits concentrates, not natural fruits.
In summary not a Five Star experience I am going to Grand Velas since cannot stand it here.

Room Tip: If you read my comments above will get my view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marta F
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear guest we would like to apologize for the inconvenient that you might have experience during your stay.
Our standards triple A and 4 diamonds till this date have been a plus that all our guest have enjoyed and fortunately we have accomplished most in the majority of the cases to exceed the expectations of each on of them is a misfortune that hasn’t been the same for you.
On a reference to the photo shoot, yes it was something in which we requested the support of all of our guest informing through a message to the room and trying some way to compensate this situation.
Concerning our drinks we use premium products and we flexible to any change our guest desire so they feel pampered a lot of our cocktails use fresh fruit and other ingredient of high quality.
On a last note unfortunately the inconvenient that you experience where another guest move your belongings from your chair, this is something really delicate to handle, since we can not ensure which guest was responsible besides our internal policy indicates with signs around the pool and the beach that chairs and beds cannot be reserve if they are not being use.
We take really serious all the comments of our guest and this wont be the exception
That’s why we would like to ensure you that we will make everything possible for what you mentioned in your comment not to happen again.

At your service

Managment
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Half the people who will take the time to read my review are old enough to remember the opening line to this song. The other half will be on a honeymoon or couple get away from the kids and are looking for the song now! As the song says... you can get anything you want at the Villa Premiere!

Something that was lost has returned to the Villa Premier! My last review was less then favorable in December, as were several others at the same time. Having now returned for another visit, I can say the Management has made the proper changes and it is back to the standards of being one of the top places to stay, currently listed at #12 it should very well hit the top ten soon if they remain on course.

Food..
Every meal was perfect from breakfast to dinner. The taste as well as the presentation was five star. The evening set menu dinners when offered were a culinary feast. If you liked the main in one but opted for a different soup or dessert from the other it was never a problem. I love the fact you can have lunch around the pool, sitting at the pool bar or go to the tables out of the sun. The pool menu has a nice variety of choices, but they also allow you to choose from the other menu. If you do not see what you want, just ask. the breakfast menu has added some great new pics with eggs benny, and eggs Florentine!

Maid service..
I was very lucky to get Samantha in the am and Veronica at night! The room was spotless and if I needed anything extra like lotions or mouthwash I just had to ask! I like to tip the maids as they work very hard as well. Even they remembered us from our last visit!

Concierge desk..
I first contacted Luis by phone to request a room on one of the higher levels as we were not arriving till about 4:00pm. I was given a room on the sixth floor and was very happy! Maria was incredible helping us with printing and scanning, booking our dinners and answering our questions. Every morning when I walked by she would greet me with a smile and say good morning beauty! What an asset to the Villa to have her!

Bar and waiters..
From breakfast with Faustino and Miguel to dinner with Adan, Arturo and Gabiella we were spoiled rotten! As for the bar and beach staff... Javier is wonderful I can not imagine how many miles he walks a day! Gutberto is great and always has a nice huge smile. Then there is Tony! wow wow wow. Tony would have my drink poured without having to ask, at just the right times! My last night he made me a Mexican coffee like no other that will last in my mind forever!!
The mix of travelers at the hotel while we were there was awesome. I had such a great time meeting so many nice people, sharing stories and swapping email addresses.

There are people who go to a job and just do the job. Then there are the staff at the Villa who actually care about the people and giving excellent customer service. Thank you to all the staff in making the Villa the place to go again!

If you have taken the time to read this review please tick the helpful box so I can see how many read it! Your trip advisor from Canada.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
86 Thank jazzy2you
We are so grateful to you for such a wonderful review and also because you continue choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa as your second home year by year.
The Team members you mentioned enjoy their work and that reflects in how they provide their service and to have Guest like yourself to always remembering them is well worth it.
We are looking forward to see you back soon for another wonderful vacations.
Medford
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from five days at Villa Premier. We had a fantastic vacation - the staff were excellent - a big thanks to Maria at the concierge desk, Hugo and Javier at the bar.
We did the All-Inclusive, and it was well worth it. The food was great, and always presented beautiful.
The only few things that could make Villa Premier a little better would be:
Housekeeping - a bigger effort could have been made here...the bed was made in our room, but never felt like more than that was done. Had to ask for refills of lotion and shampoo.

Activities - it would have been nice if there had been live music a few nights, or something for the guests to do.

Overall, great stay. Would recommend Villa Premier if you're looking for a great place to stay in PV.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Kelsey E
We greatly appreciate your comments and your advice of how we can serve you better we are committed to provide outstanding service to our guest our principal concept is relaxation and that’s the reason most of our guest prefer quietness.
But we have our brother Hotel the Buenaventura Grand that counts with fun activities every day.
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa and loved it. The VIP Concierges (Maria, Anna, and Luis) were extremely helpful and friendly setting up reservations for dinners and golf and even arranging a driver to shuttle us around for the day. The hotel is perfectly situated being a few minutes from the airport and walking distance to the Malecon! Every room has an ocean view. The spa was very nice and the tropical massage extremely relaxing. Really liked the swim up pool bar and larger pool, all adult only! Wait staff was extremely attentive and Tony at the bar was exceptional.

Great experience that we want to repeat! Muchas gracias Villa Premiere!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better ocean views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gary M
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your new home away from home.
It makes us very happy to have met you and have been able to provide you with outstanding service the type of service you and all our guest deserved .
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The service, the staff, the location, the attention to detail - FANTASTIC!!! Clean, friendly staff, excellent food, room service 24 hours a day, peaceful & quiet. Trust me when I say that you will want to generously tip the staff because they are that wonderful! I especially have to give kudos to Isidrio, Jose Luis, Aurelio, Miguel, & the wonderful manager Alissandro! I had to tell him that his staff is fantastic & that I was leaving their hotel feeling like a VIP. I don't have enough words to truly embody my stay & service. If you are looking for adult only - THIS is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were fantastic! They all have an ocean view & when you see the other hotels in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Rafibaby2000
Its truly an honor to read comments like this we appreciate so much you found
Villa Premiere "The Place to stay"
We hope we can continue creating Fantastic memories again soon.
Thank you.