“Amazing 50th birthday trip!!!!”

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I along with my brother and his girlfriend just got back literally yesterday from this fantastic hotel. We were lucky enough to get a great deal on the Master Suite and we loved the extra room, the hot tub on the terrace and of course the spectacular view. My brother had the deluxe room and it was fine because ALL the rooms have an ocean view.

We all got the all inclusive package which I highly recommend. We love rich food and this is not your Riu resort buffet.....The food is just ridiculously decadent. It's Mexico so don't be in a rush and these are coursed out a la carte meals take your time and enjoy. The drinks are good with many choices, not really any decent upscale wines but plenty of other choices to complement your dinner. Did I say the food is wonderful....it looks pretty and tastes even better. The fishemans burrito may be the best thing ever invented!!!! Thanks to the Chef Antonio for making us all gain weight, your food is a masterpiece and delectable! The mouth feels and taste sensations are unique.

I don't know what people were complaining about in other reviews but we found the service here way above average. Thanks to Victor who brought us like 12 bags of ice to cool down our hot tub so we could get in it without waiting ......that is service!! Anything we asked they tried their best to make it happen so on some of these reviews I am not even sure they stayed here?? Did we tip, yes we did it's Mexico and expected and we had no problems with that. The massage at spa was very nice and priced pretty fairly when compared with other resorts...I have had massages at quite a few too.....

The rooms were clean with plenty of hot water and good A/C we are from Texas so we know heat and A/C...just crank it down each morning. Room service was awesome, we ate breakfast almost every morning on our terrace looking out on the ocean. We went to sleep literally hearing the waves crash against the beach every night, that is how close you are to the ocean...WOW! Also plenty of room for 2 couple to meet in the evening and socialize. We brought our own music and games to entertain since this hotel focuses on peace quiet and relaxation.... Not much on entertaining you every second your are here. If you want that go to another cookie cutter type resort.

Thanks to Gutberto who served us up some of the tastiest ice cold Don Julio (dark) shots for my birthday and some very scrumptious Mangoritas too. Drinks are not fabulous but very good..my husband had Glenfiddich scotch each night as a night cap. Plenty of cheaper and middle of road liquors to choose from (absolute vodkas don Julio tequilas) at pool bar and even better choices at the inside bar of La Corona.

The town itself is very cool, go to the Malecon or boardwalk it is very cool with interesting things to see...5-6 cab ride and a 15 minute sweaty walk! We did ATV tour with Canopy River tours, fun tour and awesome views, pretty similar price as the others. We did snorkel tour thru Puerto Vallarta Tours and ECO tours, fantastic almost private like tour. Cherico and hector are the best, 1 guide for 4 snorkelers equals an incredible experience.

Overall a tremendous birthday trip and a very memorable time at an awesome place. We will be back. If you can upgrade to a suite you won't regret it either.

This place is NOT for you if need constant stimulation, someone to tell you what to do all day, don't like to just chill and relax, are in a hurry to eat, love mediocre buffet resort food and don't like to ask waitstaff to cater to your every whim! Go to your favorite cookie cutter boring resort.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tanya E
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for this wonderful review
We are so happy you enjoyed you and yours enjoyed Villa Premiere
I will congratulate personally those you mentioned.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again here at your home away from home.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time visiting VP and it was excellent as always. Staff is still wonderful as we remembered. Our welcome massages really hit the spot after a long travel while we waited for our room. Outside of one minor hiccup of being locked out of our room after the door lock was changed out. Our stay was wonderful as ever.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Johnny R
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Once again Thank you so much we are so grateful to you continue choosing us as your home away from home and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the lock we just when trough a completely renovated system for all the locks of every room.
We can’t wait to see you on your 4th. Visit.
thank you once again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Upon entering this hotel we were greeting with an amazing massage and a glass of chilled champagne. Our room was not ready so we had lunch at the outside restaurant. Let me tell you the food was out of this world amazing. so many flavors that all complement each other well. My husband and I are foodies so food and taste mean a great deal to us. We went with the all inclusive deal which was completely worth it.

We had a master suite, beautiful view of the whole bay. . . simply gorgeous. The bathroom had a nice stand up shower separate from the Jacuzzi tub in our restroom. Our master suite also had 4 separate ways to exit to the balcony, which also had a nice size Jacuzzi tub.

We primarily ate all of our meals at La Corona. Everyone exquisite. They had a theme night twice when we were there. The Vintage night meal was beyond amazing with stuff I have never tasted (popcorn soup) WHAT!!!

The hotel was a short 10 minute walk from the Malecon Boardwalk. So no need for a scary taxi. lol

Overall, we had the most amazing time we can not wait to return. Special thanks to to the front desk girls, Isidro the bell man that helped us with taxi's to get to our excursions. Gabriela and Zaira the Hostess that were with us and helpful seating us our whole week. The waiters at the restaurants Hugo, Adan and many others helped make our Honeymoon unforgettable.

2  Thank liyah409

It makes us very happy to know we were part of such a fantastic Honeymoon, I will congratulate personally Chef Tony on his pop corn soup and we cant wait to host you again in another wonderful vacation very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at VP in early July. We did the all-inclusive and it was well worth it. The food was excellent and the drinks were just right. We stayed in the honeymoon suite; the room is on the smaller side but the terrace is large with a great view of the pool and ocean. The service and professionalism at the hotel was superb. Javier at the pool bar runs to and fro to serve the pool guests like you would not believe. We ate mostly at the Corona restaurant and the waiters were very charming. The live music was also very good.
Oh, and the room service was great and efficient.

From VP the Malecon is a short but sweaty walk. Practice your 'no gracias' now as you will be saying it to every local salesperson you encounter. Despite this, the locals are kind to tourists and often speak excellent English. If you decide to practice your Spanish, they will be impressed.

We also did one of the tours to the Marieta islands which was fun. If I go again, I would do more activities and tours.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to PV that wants to stay within reasonable distance to downtown. It seemed to be one of the nicer properties.

I know it is difficult to choose a hotel sometimes after you read all the reviews. One must weigh the good and bad reviews which are often completely contradictory. I wonder how crazy and hard-to-please some of these people are who write these rambling reviews. The bottom line is my bf and I are kind, mostly normal people and we had a great time at Villa Premiere !

7  Thank Katie H

Thank you very much for this review and for taking valuable time to do it we also appreciate your recommendation.
To know we make a couple happy is a complete satisfaction .
looking forward to see you back for another great time.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Filled with workers who dont care about the guests and trying to displease you. They immediately dismiss your concerns and complaints making it impossible to enjoy your stay. In fact, the one thing I did enjoy was the cleaning ladies who are kind, but thats about it.

• Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Julian B
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about us and it’s really a surprise to read you had an experience like this since is our goal that our guests have a wonderful vacation.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July 2014 and this is not a Five Stars Hotel, hopefully is Three. The food and drinks are bad and it is not a customer service oriented hotel. The first response that you get to your requests is "no", in the final of the World Cup they refused to reduce the music in the bar so we can hear the final. It was necessary to go to two managers to finally overcome the "no". Forget to leave a magazine on your chair, the type of guests who attend this hotel will take it. You cannot put your things in a chair in front of the beach and go for a stroll, the guests will put your things away and take your spot. The waiters will not say anything when this happen. It was also picture session so guests can not use the beach or the pool from 4:30PM to 6:30 PM despite that we paid for it and we're not alerted at the time of booking.
The elevators smell humidity and so do the bed covers.
The beach by the hotel is full of pebbles. The waitress are friendly, the drinks are all made with fruits concentrates, not natural fruits.
In summary not a Five Star experience I am going to Grand Velas since cannot stand it here.

Room Tip: If you read my comments above will get my view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marta F
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear guest we would like to apologize for the inconvenient that you might have experience during your stay.
Our standards triple A and 4 diamonds till this date have been a plus that all our guest have enjoyed and fortunately we have accomplished most in the majority of the cases to exceed the expectations of each on of them is a misfortune that hasn’t been the same for you.
On a reference to the photo shoot, yes it was something in which we requested the support of all of our guest informing through a message to the room and trying some way to compensate this situation.
Concerning our drinks we use premium products and we flexible to any change our guest desire so they feel pampered a lot of our cocktails use fresh fruit and other ingredient of high quality.
On a last note unfortunately the inconvenient that you experience where another guest move your belongings from your chair, this is something really delicate to handle, since we can not ensure which guest was responsible besides our internal policy indicates with signs around the pool and the beach that chairs and beds cannot be reserve if they are not being use.
We take really serious all the comments of our guest and this wont be the exception
That’s why we would like to ensure you that we will make everything possible for what you mentioned in your comment not to happen again.

At your service

Managment

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Half the people who will take the time to read my review are old enough to remember the opening line to this song. The other half will be on a honeymoon or couple get away from the kids and are looking for the song now! As the song says... you can get anything you want at the Villa Premiere!

Something that was lost has returned to the Villa Premier! My last review was less then favorable in December, as were several others at the same time. Having now returned for another visit, I can say the Management has made the proper changes and it is back to the standards of being one of the top places to stay, currently listed at #12 it should very well hit the top ten soon if they remain on course.

Food..
Every meal was perfect from breakfast to dinner. The taste as well as the presentation was five star. The evening set menu dinners when offered were a culinary feast. If you liked the main in one but opted for a different soup or dessert from the other it was never a problem. I love the fact you can have lunch around the pool, sitting at the pool bar or go to the tables out of the sun. The pool menu has a nice variety of choices, but they also allow you to choose from the other menu. If you do not see what you want, just ask. the breakfast menu has added some great new pics with eggs benny, and eggs Florentine!

Maid service..
I was very lucky to get Samantha in the am and Veronica at night! The room was spotless and if I needed anything extra like lotions or mouthwash I just had to ask! I like to tip the maids as they work very hard as well. Even they remembered us from our last visit!

Concierge desk..
I first contacted Luis by phone to request a room on one of the higher levels as we were not arriving till about 4:00pm. I was given a room on the sixth floor and was very happy! Maria was incredible helping us with printing and scanning, booking our dinners and answering our questions. Every morning when I walked by she would greet me with a smile and say good morning beauty! What an asset to the Villa to have her!

Bar and waiters..
From breakfast with Faustino and Miguel to dinner with Adan, Arturo and Gabiella we were spoiled rotten! As for the bar and beach staff... Javier is wonderful I can not imagine how many miles he walks a day! Gutberto is great and always has a nice huge smile. Then there is Tony! wow wow wow. Tony would have my drink poured without having to ask, at just the right times! My last night he made me a Mexican coffee like no other that will last in my mind forever!!
The mix of travelers at the hotel while we were there was awesome. I had such a great time meeting so many nice people, sharing stories and swapping email addresses.

There are people who go to a job and just do the job. Then there are the staff at the Villa who actually care about the people and giving excellent customer service. Thank you to all the staff in making the Villa the place to go again!

If you have taken the time to read this review please tick the helpful box so I can see how many read it! Your trip advisor from Canada.....

86  Thank jazzy2you

We are so grateful to you for such a wonderful review and also because you continue choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa as your second home year by year.
The Team members you mentioned enjoy their work and that reflects in how they provide their service and to have Guest like yourself to always remembering them is well worth it.
We are looking forward to see you back soon for another wonderful vacations.