Hotel was good, I would say about a 3.5 star hotel by US standards, maybe 3. The people were helpful. The all inclusive was not a good value at all, so we opted out of it. Unless you plan to spend 80 US on meals + drinks a day it's not worth it.
When you arrive and after customs, go through the rooms with all the guys asking you where are you going? Need a ride? Taxi? Keep walking until you are out of the building, go to the left, there is a pedestrian bridge that takes you to the YELLOW taxis. Ask how much, tell them no, tell them 10 dollars (US).
Once you arrive, it is true that there isn't much for activities. This trip is best for people who want to relax and rest. As you venture out walk along the beach until you get to the boardwalk, otherwise you get overwhelmed by sales people. If you need a ride around town or back to the airport, grab a taxi right outside of the front door of Buenavista (the resort South of Villa Premier). Don't use the guys on the corner as you walk toward town (corner of San Salvador and Mexico), they literally fight over fares and are the rudest people we encountered on the trip.
For restaurants, we liked Pipi's and the Blue Shrimp. The food at Villa Premier is okay, but overpriced for what it is. Oxxo is the convenience store, you can buy a 6 pack of beer for 45 pesos (vs. 33 pesos + tax/tip for 1 beer at Villa Premier). Water is 8-10 pesos at Oxxo vs 35 at Villa Premier.
Have a great time! It's a great place for some R&R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere