“Great Value and Service”

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Seattle
“Great Value and Service”
Reviewed 3 November 2009

For the money, we paid about $150/night, you'd be hard pressed to find a better value in PV. At roughly 80 rooms, the size suited us. The staff are excellent, we loved the waiters in the open air restaurant on the beach side of property who took care of us for breakfast. The fitness facility, while not big, is the best we've seen in Mexico. The concierge got an excellent discount for us to play golf at the Marina course. El Centro and Old Town are walking distance or a short cab ride away.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Icebear99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
vancouver
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We chose this hotel because of its fantastic location minutes from the Malecon yet feeling that it could be on a totally isolated location. It was very upscale and we enjoyed ourselves immensely!

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank costachicaVancouver
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I hesitate writing this review because I have a soft spot in my heart for Puerto Vallarta and also for the Villa Premiere. I stayed at this property several years ago when it was first built and I adored it. I needed some R&R and seclusion this time so I chose to come back alone in early August.

The Master Suite was simply divine. I enjoyed being there so much I could barely tear myself out of it. Room service included in the all-inclusive package and the views of the bay from every angle imaginable surpassed even the lovely pool and beachfront areas. The women that cleaned the room made my stay in the service department. I felt their caring and tender, subtle gestures. They left every section of the suite immaculate every day and exactly I as I wanted it to be.

My disappointment came from the restaurants and bars and the overall happiness to serve that was so evident the last time I visited. I hesitate to write this because I fully feel for these people. The hotel had so few guests and I am sure they are struggling right now economically as many Americans are. I have benefitted though so much from the reviews I have read on this website that I felt it was only fair of me to return the favor. The twinkle is no longer present in the eyes of many of the servers and bartenders and their generosity of heart is harder to come by. In addition the food was markedly less fresh, tasty and imaginative than it used to be, unless it is nostalgia.

I still love this place, its location and what I believe to be the essence of their raison d'etre and I will probably return. Maybe some coaching from their management or other professionals on faith and crisis response would help at this time.

Puerto Vallarta is such a special place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
8 Thank cpete
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Hotel was good, I would say about a 3.5 star hotel by US standards, maybe 3. The people were helpful. The all inclusive was not a good value at all, so we opted out of it. Unless you plan to spend 80 US on meals + drinks a day it's not worth it.

When you arrive and after customs, go through the rooms with all the guys asking you where are you going? Need a ride? Taxi? Keep walking until you are out of the building, go to the left, there is a pedestrian bridge that takes you to the YELLOW taxis. Ask how much, tell them no, tell them 10 dollars (US).

Once you arrive, it is true that there isn't much for activities. This trip is best for people who want to relax and rest. As you venture out walk along the beach until you get to the boardwalk, otherwise you get overwhelmed by sales people. If you need a ride around town or back to the airport, grab a taxi right outside of the front door of Buenavista (the resort South of Villa Premier). Don't use the guys on the corner as you walk toward town (corner of San Salvador and Mexico), they literally fight over fares and are the rudest people we encountered on the trip.

For restaurants, we liked Pipi's and the Blue Shrimp. The food at Villa Premier is okay, but overpriced for what it is. Oxxo is the convenience store, you can buy a 6 pack of beer for 45 pesos (vs. 33 pesos + tax/tip for 1 beer at Villa Premier). Water is 8-10 pesos at Oxxo vs 35 at Villa Premier.

Have a great time! It's a great place for some R&R.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
10 Thank TravTruthz
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week during our honeymoon. The hotel is beautiful and we enjoyed the free massage at check in. We got a suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony and it was absolutely gorgeous. We loved the animals that the maids would leave and the little notes.

The downsides of this hotel is that if the weather is bad there is very little to do. The concierge staff were very unfriendly and rude. We asked them would it be possible to make a dinner reservation for us at Le Kliff restaurant (which was a 20 min taxi ride away) but when we got there no reservation had been made. We also went to them one of the days to ask for suggestions when it rained (as it rained constantly for 5 days when we were there) but they just looked at us blankly and told us to go to the shops.
The food in the restaurant was okay but there are much nicer restaurants in the town.

All in all it was a good stay but not great. Obviously better weather would have helped but this is not the fault of the hotel. However, we felt that the concierge could have been more helpful and the restaurant in the hotel was overpriced for the quality of the food.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Laobhise
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Stayed at the Villa Premiere in December and again in May....both great experiences. This is a smaller boutique hotel, but with all the services of a 5-star mega complex. Ratio of staff to guests is the highest of any hotel we have stayed at....even when all 90 rooms are occupied. This is a hidden gem away from the boulevard but just 4-blocks from downtwon. If you drink, go for the all inclusive. Premium liquor including Grey Goose or Patron at the inside bar.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank kennnylev1
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location is perfect for walking into town. The hotel pool was very relaxing. Be sure to get the strawberry banana cocktail they make. It is sooo good! We paid for an upgrade to a room with a huge jacuzzi tub. It was really nice!

Note: on the internet room - you have to call the front desk so that they will make the computer work. I sat there forever wondering why the computers weren't working.

Tip: I pre-booked a tee time at the Flamingo Golf Course (think that was the name) and was quoted $70/pp for a round. I checked with the concierge and the best price they could get me was $150. So I made sure to print my confirmation and take it with me to the golf course. They honored the price. There was NO ONE else playing, so we were able to wander up to the first tee after hitting some balls at the range way after our tee time. My hubby and I had the best, most relaxing round. I shot my best score ever. At the end, we asked if we could play another 9 holes and they guy at first told us we had to pay, but then told us to go ahead. So we made sure to give them a good tip.

Back to the hotel:

One night there was a storm and the power went out in the rooms, but the hotel had generators to keep the restaurants going. However, there was a long wait for the restaurants since it seemed everyone decided to stay at the hotel to eat dinner.

Beach is kind of nasty. If you are used to the beautiful beaches of Hawaii, you will be disappointed. Luckily, the hotel pool is so nice and refreshing, you don't need to swim in the ocean or sit on the beach!

Our trip ended on a sour note, however. We reserved the hotel room on their website in advanced and gave them our credit card number. On check out they informed us that we had not been charged by the website and we had to pay then. Only, instead of charging us what we were quoted from the website, they took that number and applied the "hotel exchange rate" which is higher than a bank would charge and more than we reserved the room for. I was pretty pissed off! Especially since, on arrival, I paid for an upgrade to a nicer room thinking that I had already paid for the room. I felt cheated. So pay with a reputable website up front!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple