I DO NOT know why this hotel and the area of Puerta Vallarta gets such great reviews. We got ripped off and lied to before even stepping out of the airport! As we were coming off our flight, we were looking for our driver and were escorted to what WE thought was a representative of our hotel. She told us about the area's attractions and about our hotel and then told us that she works for a TOURS COMPANY: VALLARTA ADVENTURES (their pamphlets and posters are everywhere and I saw them on expedia, so I knew its a legit company) Then she tells us she can sell us Tours @ a discount and all we had to do was come and see this other hotel VELAS VALLARTA to see if next time we wanna stay there. She promised we'd come to VELAS for breakfast, look around and then be taken for a Tour to CALLETAS. Can't believe I fell for it, but I was never so blatantly lied to!! Turns out that it's a TIMESHARE SCAM, and she doesn't work for "Vallarta adventures" whatever u guys do, DO NOT buy anything @ the airport. You'd have to go to VELAS, sit there and be yelled at by sales ppl for 5 HOURS and then if they feel like it they'd give u a voucher for ur trip, which would have to be on another day! so u lose a day for nothing. If u do show up @ VELAS, the lying [--] get $500 for every poor schmuck she brings in, if u don't - she just keeps the $ she already stole cuz she won't give it back to u.
On to the hotel:
1. The RESORT is TINY. (I'd say the hotel can comfortably accommodate 50 ppl) If anyone has been to Cancun or DR, it's 1/10 the size of a normal hotel. The rooms are clean, comfy, all have a balcony. There's 24 hr room service. The 2 Pools are also very small. Comfy pool chairs though, but there's not enough of them.
2. FOOD. The only great thing was the food!! Wonderful, Manhattan restaurant quality. We got the ALL-inclusive package, where it clearly says: all tips included....and for $130 EXTRA per person per day I'm pretty sure they're makin a hefty profit. Whats Incredibly ANNOYING is that whether u're all inclusive or not, waiters always bring you a CHECK (which says 0 dollars) and you absolutely have to SIGN. Why do they do this u ask? So that you leave them Extra tip of coarse. It's like u can't just come in, eat and relax, the stress of paying for stuff is still there, which is the opposite of what u want. There's only 2 restaurants, (and they are only open for DINNER) but you don't have a choice which one to go to b/c only 1 of them is open at a time. They alternate: Italian one is open on one night, Mexican the next evening. Italian is better by far and I highly recommend it. We almost always left tips, and still last evening we ate there, waiter said to us "did u like the service last night, my friend told me that u complained" My sis and I were baffled. We didn't complain. Then we realized that they probably wanted a bigger tip....The audacity!
3. THE BEACH. DO not Go in Winter. Pacific ocean is not calm waters, but in January the waves were so huge that it's actually dangerous and no one swam. The black sand beach is tiny as it is, the Pacific ocean basically engulfed it. The other problem with the beach is that the damn peddlers would get in ur face with their trinkets literally every 5 minutes... I kid u not, every 5 minutes! And they're very aggressive; u can't relax or read and if u ignore them, they whistle and holler at u!
4. SPA. We thought if we can't enjoy the beach, we'd pamper ourselves. I live in Manhattan and am used to high prices, but $163 for an hour massage?? I still went, the skill of the therapist was average at best. Then the payment ordeal. The bill was in pesos, and it was higher than what i calculated converting $163 to pesos. I asked her why and she said "oh the price list is last year's prices" Another attempt at a Rip off. DO NOT leave a credit card at front desk for room charges, at the end u'll never sort this mess out, just pay in cash.
TOURS: There isn't much to do. CALLETAS is a nice place, worth going. But the tours company is nothing compared with wonderfully organized companies in Cancun. You don't get picked up in your hotel, you have to find your way to a port from which boats depart.
5. POOR ORGANIZATION. I always purchase transportation vouchers to airport, to avoid the hassle and for safety. Day before we were to fly out, we came down to make sure we'd be picked up in the morning. At 1st concierge said the # for the transport company can't be reached or has been disconnected. At this point my sis and I weren't surprised. She finally reached them and assured us all was set. We come down the next morning with our bags and are told by front desk that our driver came around at 1am, said he can't drive us and left 100 pesos for us to take a cab. They still had to call a cab after all this...It's clear that at $40 a pop, the driver just pocketed the difference.
To sum it all up, the general attitude of the place is Let's RIP OFF rich foreigners. I'm always very kind to hotel staff and in fact feel strange being waited on. (i feel sorry for their situation) And I appreciate good service and am fine paying for it. What I hate is being deceived and conned out of my $. Safe to say I wont be coming back to Puerta Vallarta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere