“RIP OFF AT EVERY TURN!”

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 27 January 2010

I DO NOT know why this hotel and the area of Puerta Vallarta gets such great reviews. We got ripped off and lied to before even stepping out of the airport! As we were coming off our flight, we were looking for our driver and were escorted to what WE thought was a representative of our hotel. She told us about the area's attractions and about our hotel and then told us that she works for a TOURS COMPANY: VALLARTA ADVENTURES (their pamphlets and posters are everywhere and I saw them on expedia, so I knew its a legit company) Then she tells us she can sell us Tours @ a discount and all we had to do was come and see this other hotel VELAS VALLARTA to see if next time we wanna stay there. She promised we'd come to VELAS for breakfast, look around and then be taken for a Tour to CALLETAS. Can't believe I fell for it, but I was never so blatantly lied to!! Turns out that it's a TIMESHARE SCAM, and she doesn't work for "Vallarta adventures" whatever u guys do, DO NOT buy anything @ the airport. You'd have to go to VELAS, sit there and be yelled at by sales ppl for 5 HOURS and then if they feel like it they'd give u a voucher for ur trip, which would have to be on another day! so u lose a day for nothing. If u do show up @ VELAS, the lying [--] get $500 for every poor schmuck she brings in, if u don't - she just keeps the $ she already stole cuz she won't give it back to u.
On to the hotel:
1. The RESORT is TINY. (I'd say the hotel can comfortably accommodate 50 ppl) If anyone has been to Cancun or DR, it's 1/10 the size of a normal hotel. The rooms are clean, comfy, all have a balcony. There's 24 hr room service. The 2 Pools are also very small. Comfy pool chairs though, but there's not enough of them.
2. FOOD. The only great thing was the food!! Wonderful, Manhattan restaurant quality. We got the ALL-inclusive package, where it clearly says: all tips included....and for $130 EXTRA per person per day I'm pretty sure they're makin a hefty profit. Whats Incredibly ANNOYING is that whether u're all inclusive or not, waiters always bring you a CHECK (which says 0 dollars) and you absolutely have to SIGN. Why do they do this u ask? So that you leave them Extra tip of coarse. It's like u can't just come in, eat and relax, the stress of paying for stuff is still there, which is the opposite of what u want. There's only 2 restaurants, (and they are only open for DINNER) but you don't have a choice which one to go to b/c only 1 of them is open at a time. They alternate: Italian one is open on one night, Mexican the next evening. Italian is better by far and I highly recommend it. We almost always left tips, and still last evening we ate there, waiter said to us "did u like the service last night, my friend told me that u complained" My sis and I were baffled. We didn't complain. Then we realized that they probably wanted a bigger tip....The audacity!
3. THE BEACH. DO not Go in Winter. Pacific ocean is not calm waters, but in January the waves were so huge that it's actually dangerous and no one swam. The black sand beach is tiny as it is, the Pacific ocean basically engulfed it. The other problem with the beach is that the damn peddlers would get in ur face with their trinkets literally every 5 minutes... I kid u not, every 5 minutes! And they're very aggressive; u can't relax or read and if u ignore them, they whistle and holler at u!
4. SPA. We thought if we can't enjoy the beach, we'd pamper ourselves. I live in Manhattan and am used to high prices, but $163 for an hour massage?? I still went, the skill of the therapist was average at best. Then the payment ordeal. The bill was in pesos, and it was higher than what i calculated converting $163 to pesos. I asked her why and she said "oh the price list is last year's prices" Another attempt at a Rip off. DO NOT leave a credit card at front desk for room charges, at the end u'll never sort this mess out, just pay in cash.
TOURS: There isn't much to do. CALLETAS is a nice place, worth going. But the tours company is nothing compared with wonderfully organized companies in Cancun. You don't get picked up in your hotel, you have to find your way to a port from which boats depart.
5. POOR ORGANIZATION. I always purchase transportation vouchers to airport, to avoid the hassle and for safety. Day before we were to fly out, we came down to make sure we'd be picked up in the morning. At 1st concierge said the # for the transport company can't be reached or has been disconnected. At this point my sis and I weren't surprised. She finally reached them and assured us all was set. We come down the next morning with our bags and are told by front desk that our driver came around at 1am, said he can't drive us and left 100 pesos for us to take a cab. They still had to call a cab after all this...It's clear that at $40 a pop, the driver just pocketed the difference.
To sum it all up, the general attitude of the place is Let's RIP OFF rich foreigners. I'm always very kind to hotel staff and in fact feel strange being waited on. (i feel sorry for their situation) And I appreciate good service and am fine paying for it. What I hate is being deceived and conned out of my $. Safe to say I wont be coming back to Puerta Vallarta.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank scorpinna

Reviewed 24 January 2010

This hotel in my option is the best hotel to stay at, if ever you want to stay somewhere nice with no screaming rug rats to disturb the tranquility. I could not fault the staff who were outstanding! On arrival to the hotel we were greeted with champagne and cold fresh towels, and a 5 minute welcome massage. They gave us a pillow and scent menu to choose from and was action before we entered the room. The key personnel at reception and concierge staff could all speak English which is welcome change compared to all the other hotels whom spoke very little English. My husband got sick on our vist and they had a resident doctor who was fantastic.

1  Thank Warren88
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We are currently staying at the hotel. We checked in last night and already feel mellowed out from the experience. It is extraordinary, the location, service, and food is unbelievable! We had a few minor problems with are room, and they were fixed within an hour of reporting the problem.
We are well traveled foodies. Every bite of food here leaves you wondering - how can they make it taste so good. It is a great place if you like to walk and explore. Everybody who works at the hotel goes out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. We have stayed in many 5 star resorts, this place is definetely worth staying in.

At the pool,they even have complementary sun tan lotion available for guests.

Reviewed 21 January 2010

Had a great time at V.P. in mid Jan 2010.

We did the all-inclusive and I was very satisifed with the food at both breakfast (Energetic Smoothie and Divorced Eggs -Yummy!) and at lunch (the shrimp burrito is to die for!). Was disappointed that only one option was available for dinner each night. We ended up going out to eat most nights - not that the food was bad - just that what was offered was limited and didn't suit what we were looking for.

Room was very nice - we did the Honeymoon Suite - Jacuzzi on deck is very nice. We would tell the concierge to have the jacuzzi filled at 6:45pm each night. We would watch the sunset at 6:40pm and then go up to a nice warm filled jacuzzi.

Beach is rocky near the water but is nice and walkable. We have been to Cancun and I think while prettier, the beach there is tough to walk. One other minor complaint - the beds on the beach were not available for use.

Overall a great experience. Staff was wonderful and helpful. We had to leave at 6:30am for our flight and room service breakfast doesn't start until 7am. Quick call to the concierge and volia - full breakfast at our doorstep at 6am.

Reviewed 3 January 2010

We stayed at The Villa Premiere Hotel from December 27, 2009 through January 2, 2010 after spending a week at the JW Marriott in Cancun. We stayed in the ocean front Suite. Our 2 Sons stayed in a deluxe room and loved it. I cannot say enough good things about the quality of this hotel and the proffesionalism of the staff. The rooms are kept scruptulously clean and the lobby and grounds are beatiful. The Hotel Restraunts serve delicious gourmet meals, and the service was flawless. We also ate across the street from the hotel and at The Palapas and El Dorado. They were all excellent. Our favorite was The River Cafe located along the river where you can eat outdoors with a jungle setting next to a beautiful river. The food was very good. The Hotel is located close to all of these places and it is a short wonderful Beach or Boulevard walk from the Boardwalk, THe Melecon. If you are looking for a roomy apartment then try the Ocean Front Suite, it is worth every penny, otherwise all of the other rooms are top notch and have amazing views. We will be back again, but next time without our sons, they did not fully appreciate the beauty of this place. Thank you to the outstanding staff and expecially Diana, the travel Agent in the lobby whose flawless proffesionalism transformed our vacation into a great adventure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank OCLadyK
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We stayed at Villa Premiere for Christmas 2009. We had the basic deluxe room and went all inclusive.

We wanted a relaxed holiday based around the hotel. It was our first visit to Mexico and we decided to do all inclusive as we weren't sure how easy it would be to eat out, we'd read good reports about the food at the hotel. All inclusive isn't usually our thing but we saw good reports about the food and we thought it would make our holiday more relaxed.

The hotel is in a great location, we walked into town. There is a supermarket less than 5 minutes away from the hotel. The beach was good enough for us, we spent most of the time at the pool looking at the beach and in the cabanas on the beach. At the weekend the beach was busy with locals sitting on there with towels. The beach is sandy, there are quite a lot of pebbles at the edge of the sea and in the sea. We paddled, but the beach shelved into the sea which was quite fierce so we didn't swim. The ppol was nice, the sunbeds around the pool are quite tight.

The staff in the hotel were lovely and made our stay more special. They were friendly, professional and fun.

The food in the hotel was excellent. Breakfast and lunch are served in an outside restaurant and there is a plenty of choice. The food is of excellent quality and there's a mixture of Mexican and regular food. The shrimps in particular were very tasty.

Dinner is served in Murales or in El Manglar. Murales was very good and we thought it would be difficult to find somewhere in Puerta that served better food of that style.
El Manglar is described as a European restaurant on some information we saw, it was actually an Italian restaurant. It was nice enough but we wouldn't want to eat in there again.

The El Manglar bar is very nice and we enjoyed some cocktails in there. This is the only bar and it closes at 10.30pm, the seating is on high stools around the bar. The decor is cool. The seating is all inside and we would have liked to have sat outside on some relaxing lounge chairs. We felt that this was something the hotel was missing. For a late night drink you can go next door to the Buevantura hotel, and this is included in all inclusive. We now know from other guests that there are lots of good restaurants in Puerta, we ate out one night and had a good meal.

The spa is lovely, its expensive $100+ for a massage for example. There is a spa next door at the sister hotel, Buevantura with the same menu for a much lower price, in a different environment but it looked like it used the same staff.

What else.....Yoga lessons were great, they were at the Premiere and the Buevantura. Both teachers were good. We used the gym, it was modern and clean. The TV had Mexican TVchannels, the room had a DVD player and you can hire a DVD for $12.

It was a really good hotel. For it to be a higher rating, the hotel was missing a few things. Just the small things, like when someone left a sunbed, the staff didn't run over to remove the used towels. The communication is a bit weak too, so for example the yoga is mentioned in 2 to 3 places - website, spa brochure, noticeboard etc. and the details weren't always consistent.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gogojo22
Reviewed 26 December 2009

Let’s start with the moment you get to the hotel. The hotel staff have little surprises waiting for all of those who check in. (I do not want to ruin it because it adds soooo much to the check-in process). The check in is quick and easy, before you know it you are in your room looking out onto the beautiful view of the ocean. The hotel staff is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! They are at every beckoning call and request. The location of the hotel is perfect, its about a 9 block walk to the "Romantic Zone" which is old town PV and where shopping and the small town feel is still very prominent. There are people on the side of the street cooking fresh tacos and shrimp (don't be afraid to eat there, the food is fresh, and cheaper than any restaurant and more delicious). I was able to eat a lot and be ready for authentic Mexican food. The hotel is very clean, safe, and right on the beach. The view from our room was amazing, the last day we were there; we saw Whales which are on their migration pattern along the coast line. The hotel will do ANYTHING to make your stay better or more rememberable. They offer many cool free services (free yoga M,W,F and a free cooking lesson with their head chef, we made Shrimp Seviche). Also, my girlfriend and I did a day at their Spa. The Spa was amazing, we did a package deal for $272 and the service was worth every penny. I asked if we could have our services on the beach, and the Hotel worked with their sister hotel and reserved a private space where we were able to have our messages and a special private dinner while overlooking the beach in a private Jacuzzi. I have been in many all-inclusive/non-all-inclusive situations. We did not do the all inclusive, I think that was a big mistake. When I stayed in Cancun the All-inclusive were buffet style and not very appetizing, everything at the hotel is fresh order. The money would be worth spending, their alcohol is good and bartenders are very nice and friendly. If you do this DO NOT only stay at the hotel. Still go out into the town and experience Puerto Vallarta, EAT, EAT, EAT. Everything is soooo good and relatively inexpensive. The further inward you go into the “Romantic Zone” the better and less commercial the food was. The exchange rate was 12.2-12.5 Pesos to the Dollar. Everything was VERY SAFE!!!! We walked around almost every night till 2 even 5 in the morning watching the sunrise and never felt threatened. The only things to look out for are the TIME SHARE PEOPLE!!! DO NOT TALK TO THEM. Again if you have any questions all you have to do is ask the hotel, they will do ANYTHING to help you do anything you want. They are very service oriented. All I can say is that there is no where else I want to stay except Villa Premier, it was that good!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple