1,070 results
All reviewsbakal restaurantmarina locationmain buildinghigh pressureocean viewrci exchangesales presentationtimeshare sharkssunset barrestaurants and shopsbedroom unitsales pitchliving areathe check in processsmaller resortnice resortcity tour
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very clean and in marina with easy access to most places. Every one was very kind just hated all the time share people bugging us. Did not eat at resort. Taxi's are cheap. Ask if they have airconditioner before the ride. Romantic zone best food is Cafe de Olla OMG AMAZING.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HairByCharles
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had booked at the Sea Garden for two weeks. A friend told us that we had been moved to the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta while the Sea Garden was shut down. You can read about that mess in a separate review. We were ready to cut it short and come home after a week until we were able to move to the Mayan Palace Marina for the last week.

This was everything we were looking for: beach front; comfortable; views; activities; friendly staff; convenient in and out; close to shops and restaurants; an inexpensive taxi ride to Puerto Vallarta!

We stocked the 'fridge, made our own breakfasts and lunches and kicked back for a week!

By the time we left, we felt that we were leaving a friends' home, not a resort!

Yes, the facility is dated. Our room was one that was scheduled for a furniture replacement soon. But we were comfortable, felt safe and enjoyed the week.

Beds weren't perfect to our Temperpudic taste, but much better than the Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom units higher up in building 2 have the best views. 6th floor is cooler than 7th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bruce P
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Bruce P:
We truly appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your thoughtful feedback of your stay at Mayan Palace. We really thank you for all your kind comments.

We are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence, and after reading your comments, it is great to confirm we have succeeded in doing so for you.
It will be an honorto have you as a guest again!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

First let me say this is a great resort but we were a little annoyed with the check in process. My husband, myself and our 2 children arrived to the resort around 3pm and asked if we could get checked in early (check-in at 5pm) and also requested an ocean view room. We understood if there were none available but instead we were sent to the saleperson who asked us to go on a 90 minute presentation at the Grand Mayan so they could accomodate our request. We originally said no since we didn't have time and didnt feel like being bothered with a timeshare presnetaion while on vacation. However, they told us this is the only way to secure a ocean view room. We were upset so in addition, they offered us 2500 pesos to use towards our hotel stay. We felt like we had no choice and attended the 90 minute presentation that turned into a 5 hr presentation. It sucked! My husband was patient, but me, not so much! I will say the view from the room was gorgeous (7th flr room) and the service was excellente! We enjoyed the hotel amenities and the fact that it was not crowded was awesome. It was a cozy resort and the people were very friendly. It is in the middle of everything with easy access to transportation and downtown. I must say the Grand Mayan is just that, Grand and not all that! It was too commercial to our liking which made the presentation even more uninteresting. The people in Puerto Vallarta are hard-working and kind and we can't wait to go back. The housekeeping service was on point! They cleaned our room twice each day and were very friendly. I would say we spent most of our money on tips, lol but it was well-deserved. Overall, the resort was relaxing, friendly atmosphere, quiet and convenient. Exept for coercing us to attend a timeshare presentation, the staff were accomodating. I would definitely go back but pay extra for the view and skip the presentation.

Room Tip: ask for corner suite on 6th or 7th floor. If not corner still ask for 6th or 7th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank kiaprnll

Dear kiaprnll :

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at Mayan Palace. We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and we are grateful for your kind words about our staff’s service, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us improve our services. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and this is very useful to us.

We truly look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

NB: We are VIDA owners. This was our fifth stay at a a VIDA facility; but our first in Puerto Vallarta. This trip we had a two bedroom suite to accommodate my wife and I, my son and his wife, and their kids (1 eleven year old and 2 twin infants.)

In my previous reviews of VIDA resorts, I complained about the lengthy check-in, check-out procedures. This trip there was no such problem. Both in and out were fast, painless and line free. Thank you, VIDA!!!

While we have always had good service at the VIDA resorts, the service here was above and beyond anything we had experienced before with VIDA or anywhere else. A story or two to make my point.

At check in I was asked for my passport. Oops, realized I had left it on a counter at the airport. Panic city. Figured I'd lost both my passport and the Kindle it was with. Check in clerk just smiled and said, "No problem." I wasn't convinced.

She called a Customer Rep over and explained the situation. The Rep just smiled and said, "Don't worry. We will find it." I wasn't convinced.

The concierge came over. Said, "Not a problem. Relax. We will find it." I wasn't convinced.

Twenty minutes later the passport and Kindle had been located and brought to an airport office. Mayan Palace paid for my taxi both ways to retrieve them. I had to rethink some of my notions about Mexico. :-)

A very nice start to a great trip, eh?

Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta is one of VIDA's early resorts. Like Sea Garden in Mazatlan, this facility is smaller and more intimate than the newer VIDA resorts. My wife especially likes the smaller resorts. Says she can't get lost and everything is within easy walking distance. No shuttles required! :-)

The grounds are immaculate; the flowers and foliage terrific; the pool big enough that it never felt crowded, and there was a separate adult only pool for those wanting a kid free quiet swim and sun.. And, of course, the pool had its own server. He unobtrusively meanders around, just waiting for your relaxed wave to come over and take your food and drink orders and bring them to you. Cleans up after you as well. Wish we had that kind of service at home. :-)

Second story about service: About the third day, one of the infant's accident proof swim suits could not be found. Looked everywhere. No luck. Looked again. Still no luck. Finally called the concierge to report the loss. Next day the concierge called. The trunks had been found. Seemed young son had tossed them in with the pool towels. From whence they followed the towels to the laundry. Trunks were returned, washed, ironed, folded. Would be easy to become spoiled with service like this.

Last tale about service. The kids wanted to go on an adventure tour with their daughter. Zip lining et al. Definitely not for infants or ancients. Wife and I took the morning shift and young son asked the resort for a Nannie for the afternoon shift. Don't know where they find such folks, but Marie was amazing. Wasn't long before she had a twin on each hip and was singing them songs. She was a picture perfect example of how to handle active rug rats. 'Tis not easy to trust a stranger with your Grand kids; but we were won over within the first 15 minutes.

One last point about service. Every employee greeted us with a smile and a Hola! or Buenos Dias. And I really do men everyone, gardeners, servers, maids, sales clerks, the Mr. Fixits, everyone. And by the time we left, I would estimate that at least a fourth of them knew and used our names. So if you want to vacation in a place that really does put the guest first, you will not go wrong at the Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta.

OK! OK! We love the place; but there is always a downside, even if only a small one, eh? In this case, small and intimate also meant just one real restaurant. Oh there are any number of places to get food, and good food at that, several bars, pool side service, two covered outdoor seating areas, the beach, etc. But only one real, sit down, inside, table service, restaurant. I'd like at least two. And they still don't serve non-alcoholic beer or wine at VIDA! :-(

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and upper story.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Warmfire

Dear Warmfire :

We are very grateful for your taking the time to write a detailed and pleasant review about your experience while staying at Mayan Palace.

We are delighted to learn that you had a spectacular time and enjoyed our grounds and all our facilities. We really thank you for your kind comments about our complete staff, as we consider them one of our biggest assets.

Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as it helps us achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and this is very useful to us.

We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable; and your review is the living proof of this.

We expect you back soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here in Feb 2013 and had the best holiday ever. We are planning to return as soon as we can. W had a super room with a view over the sea where we saw whales and dolphins on virtually a daily basis. Our apartment was clean and tidy and huge!!!. The maids were so helpful and made us flower arrangements every day. We loved this place!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne G

Dear Lynne G :

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share with us your impression about your stay at Mayan Palace. We very pleased to find out that our housekeeping staff was welcoming and pleasant, as this is what we strive for every day.

Comments like yours inspire us to continue providing the highest level of service on our daily performance.

We hope to welcome you back in the future; it will be our pleasure to have you as a guest again!