“If you have vision, you can see this awesome 5 star resort rising!”

Almar Resort Luxury LGBT Beach Front Experience
Ranked #65 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Palm Springs, California
“If you have vision, you can see this awesome 5 star resort rising!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

On our trip to PV a week ago we happened to see this building under construction. We then learned it will be a 5 star hotel and spa. I was curious to see what it will look like when its done and so I agreed to a presentation. First, its going to be a stunning place to stay in the perfect location. Second, we us, because we go to PV on a reular basis its works out to be a great financial deal.
Third, and most importantly what the staff did was give me a tour and information and let me make a decision without pressure or stiff arming me. If this star is any indication of who the staff will run the place, then it will be PV's winning - did I tell you adult only (no children) - on the gay beach.
If you can see their vision, then you will be blown away. Thanks to Alain, Karen and the boys for showing us an exciting future way to stay in PV in the style which we like!

Room Tip: Its under development so you can't really rate all items but if the model is what it will be, it...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

As others here note, it will be some time before this resort is re-built and open, although they insist that by next season some rooms will be open. Certainly the model suites are luxurious and spacious.

We spent an afternoon enjoying the beach club, pool and snacks. The level of luxury here outdoes the rest of Los Muertos beach...and the food is excellent quality.

I hope they are successful - this will be a welcome addition to this end of the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ottawatraveler_11
ARMBC2014, Director General at Almar Resort Luxury LGBT Beach Front Experience, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed the food and facilities at our Mantamar Beach Club.

We’re working hard and our construction team is on track, so we will be accepting resort reservations starting this spring for the following vacation season.

We appreciate your visit and kind comments and hope to see you again soon.

Almar Resort Luxury All Suites & Spa
Picton, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

A great and picturesque location with huge potential but it will be years until it opens according to the staff manning a booth on Amapas but that is not what they tell you in the presentation. I find it strange that they imply they are 'up and running' on Facebook. Here are some recent Facebook quotes -- "Did you know that Almar Vacation Club members enjoy fantastic perks and benefits like special events, travel insurance, express check in, cocktail receptions and much more? With 4 restaurants and 3 bars on site, there is always something new to try at Almar Resort!" IT IS A CONSTRUCTION SITE in the shell of a former resort. If you walk down the side staircase, you can see where homeless people are living (mattresses, clothes on plastic chairs, etc) on some of the empty floors. Having gone to a presentation, and hearing the LOUD and THUMPING music from the model suites -- I agree with the previous posting -- why would anyone want to buy into this project when their beach club produces such loud and intrusive "music". I read with interest the General Manager of Mantamar Beach Club's response (owned by Almar) on their trip advisor listing in response to a posting -- "Our goal is to create a vibrant beach club on Los Muertos Beach while being good neighbors to those who surround us and on the day of your visit we clearly missed the mark" -- yet every day in the past two weeks, the music has been constantly LOUD and THUMP THUMP THUMP until well into the evening even when no one is at the beach club. It is obvious that Almar is not concerned with being a good neighbour and pays lip service to anyone who doesn't like LOUD PARTY MUSIC. We are looking at property but would DEFINITELY NOT buy into this project that you do not own in the long term and that creates a noisy environment for the owners, let alone the poor neighbors who have to suffer through the noise. What a shame.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
33 Thank simpstra
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This project has amazing potential as they occupy one of the best areas of the beach along with amazing views. My partner and I attended a recent presentation and toured the model suites. We would agree with the previous reviewer that the 20 year period is out of line along with maintenance costs, which are very high. Not too sure about how time periods are booked (we didn't ask those questions), but the most disturbing fact was the VERY LOUD DISCO-TECHNO music coming from their sister club (Mantamar Beach Club) right below on the beach. So that means NO afternoon naps, NO quiet reading on the balcony. You could feel the bump-bump-bump 9 or 10 floors up. that is the deal breaker for me. There are million dollar condos and homes all along this stretch, I can only imagine how these neighbors must feel.
This won't be a project for us!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
29 Thank Scott S
Chicago
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went through a nice presentation and a very nice tour. The rooms look nice. Its reminds me of an upscale Suite in a Hotel - not like a condo at all.

This will be well suited for upscale folks that appreciate the finer of amenities of elegance and service - like a resort hotel.

Now, as to the money side of this, you pay to the effect for the right of membership/use, you will pay all the maintenance and then it all expires in 20 years. My own opinion on this is you are essentially paying for their construction, you are paying all the ongoing expenses and maintenance and you get the boot at the end and ownership gets a double dip to resell the property. If I were 75 years old, I guess I would not care as 20 years is long enough. I am a businessman, I guess its how you value your money for a no equity *limited right of use. We found the price and maintenance cost high - for us. An non-expiring owner/equity position would be a different story. Yet keep in mind, this is supposed to be a 5 star resort so you may have different values and this is exactly what you like and want.

*One concerning part was that there were no locked times of the year in their deal. I would ask very direct questions on high booking times of the year and how they guarantee you will be at this specific resort. Could you end up at a different resort if you book too late or the trend is being packed in season? - (kind of the type questions you have after you leave kind of thing). There was also something about 43 weeks for sale per unit. I may be wrong, but I took that as they said something about renting (like a Hotel Resort) the rooms out as well. I.E. Would a room rental pull your right of booking away? Which 43 weeks are assured for members first?

I would get complete clarification on all the elevators from the beach. The walk would be steep if there are steps involved.

Sound like a really nice place if all goes down as planned - and you get the week(s) you want when you book.

I really do wish them well.

Room Tip: I took notes - brought a note pad.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
28 Thank jerryrobinson1911
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I am a winter local here in PV and new owner at the nearby Amapas 353 project. I recently decided to also become a member of Almar as well. If you like to be in a great location right next to blue chairs and green chairs (but way nicer) then this is the place for you! There is a new pool right on the ocean with full beach food and drink services as well. It will be a year or so before the hotel remodel is completed.

Note: I was upset to see the recent fire and the damages it caused but I am encouraged to see the repairs being done so quickly. It looks like to pool is ready to reopen. I am attaching a photo that I took today from my apartment.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple