Costa Club Punta Arena
US$338
US$307
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$316
US$212
US$209
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$631
US$305
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$330
US$238
US$226
Priceline
All reviewsabandoned hotelmexican familieswalking distance to the maleconclose to downtownadult poolall inclusive dealbus stopmexican hotelrooms were very cleanwhale watchinghamburgerbedroom suitetime share presentationlobby barmexican foodbeach vendorspool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have to start by saying that the time we have posted for visiting this resort is wrong. We went there approx 2 years ago but the drop down menu did not allow me to put in an accurate date. I was prompted to write this review because I recently came into contact with a guest who was there when we stayed at this resort. He had just returned from there a month ago and found it still a great place to visit. We originally went to Puerto Vallarta to meet up with my daughter who had sailed there from BC with her fiancee and a small crew. We weren't really looking for a resort where we would be spending a lot of time so some of the features it had to offer really didn't matter too much. It was rated a 2 star but we found it to be a little more than that. We lucked out and got a nice room with a patio, close to the pool but not poolside. There was a sitting room and a bedroom. In the morning there was a sweet little coffee area set up where you could relax without having to go into the buffet to have your morning cup. Food was good. Atmosphere was lovely. The vendors on the beach weren't too aggressive and most of the time you had to seek them out if you wanted to buy anything. This resort isn't the place if you want to party all night, as the bar was closed by 10 pm when we were there. (Apparently there is a lobby bar now.) It was close enough to town if you wanted to venture out at night. Coronas at the corner store and many restaurants within walking distance were a bonus. We spent a few days on the kids sail boat touring around the many little coves. We moored at Los Arcos and did some amazing snorkeling and kayaking. Whale watching at it's best! My husband was fortunate enough to have a fair sized (at least 18') whale swim up under his kayak and scare the life out of him. An event not too many people will have the privilege of experiencing. We also had the chance to see a family of 3 whales playing in the distance from the beach and many many dolphins. A walk down the Malecon was magical. Everything from sand art to balancing round rocks one on top of the other, to musicians hanging by their ankles as they are lowered to the ground from 100 feet, while spinning around a pole. Shopping was plentiful and loads of good bargains. You should visit the Puerto Vallarta zoo, a bit of a distance from the resort but worth it. They actually have raccoons in cages believe it or not.The total trip for a week, taxes in, hotel etc, was approx. 550 Canadian each. I was going to book it as a late season vacation but unfortunately they were booked. There are many repeat visitors and I can see why.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank susan b
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We hadn't done an all-inclusive for a number of years so looked at this facility offered on a carrier vacation site. On first arrival the reception staff was accommodating as we changed our room away from the pool side. Tower 5 room 501 was quieter with a large bathroom, 2 queen beds, a tv with remote and small patio. We liked the food (served buffet style) and the staff (so friendly). During the end of the 1st week (we had a 2wk stay) I developed an itchy ankle and thought it was perhaps just mosquito bites. Unfortunately it was not. I was diagnosed by a Mexican doctor that I had scabies and could have contacted it anywhere. So with medication I believed that the bites were under control. On our return home I was seen by the WHRA doctor and he did not agree with the scabies diagnosis and believed I had a severe case of bed bug bites. The hotel staff had reacted quickly when I showed them my skin and doctor prescriptions. The bedding was stripped and mattresses checked. Also a new room was offered but thinking it was not the hotel room, we stayed in the same room. We are seasoned travellers and have never encountered this parasite before but understand it is common in a lot of hotels. If this should ever happen again we will definitely change our room. If not for this incident our stay would have been rated higher as the location was ideal for our needs.

Room Tip: check time of year for local holidays as we had a large number of families and the 2 small pools were continually over crowded
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ontheroadat62
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was our first trip just the two of us. Normally we go with a few couples or large group. WHen we got to the Resort the reception was great. Everything was very clean and friendly. We had a King size bed and overlooked the pool. which was great with us.
The grounds were very beautiful and well maintained. The food was great and the employees were very friendly. Could not of asked for better.
The only downfall was we felt that the children had the run of the 2 pools. It was advertised as one adlut one family but the kids took over everything.
For the price we had a great time and would go back.

Room Tip: Over look pool and have a balcony. Ours was great
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sldahl1977
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Looks not too bad in the picture of the "only" renovated room they have. Beware!!! We stayed one night and then we got the heck outta there! Up seven flights of stairs to the room (No elevator on site) then into the dirty room......NO FRIDGE? We are in Mexico for crying out loud...no fridge? OK so hopefully you wont need to have a cool water or beverage while its +30 day and night. Run from here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My daughter and I just got back from our week stay at the Costa Club and would definitely go back. It was my second stay and I enjoyed it as much this time as the last. It's an older and simpler resort, very central to everything we wanted to do. The meals were good. Accommodation was clean and comfortable. The staff is very good. The same staff was there from the year previous and many of them remembered us. Most of the people staying are either Canadian or Mexican, so it suited us well. Many of the Canadians we met have been coming there for many years and have tried more expensive resorts and come back to the Costa Club. Both Puerto Vallarta and the Costa Club come highly rated as far as I'm concerned.

Room Tip: If you like a view ask for a top floor. If you don't like climbing stairs ask for the lower floors. Each room has a nice balcony. All the rooms are very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family