“Awesome!”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very impressed! Went for my brothers wedding, on the beach! Every detail was perfect. Rooms are spacious and very clean, the staff was excellent I couldn't be happier and hope to go back very soon.if you are planning a wedding or vacation this is a great choice, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I went into 3 other rooms all were beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jill R

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Playa Fiesta for our friends’ wedding earlier this year and it was such an amazing experience, largely thanks to the outstanding service we received.

The wedding party took over the entire hotel so there were about 60 of us there from all over the country. From the moment we arrived at Playa Fiesta the owners and staff exceeded my expectations. Right away we were given first class service. The staff members were extremely attentive. It became a bit of a joke that they were so on top of it that you could barely finish a drink before they were there to get you your next one. Especially great since our package included the open bar! I also should add that unlike some other all-inclusives, I did not notice that the mixed drinks I ordered were at all watered down.

The owner, Lindsey, was a fantastic resource as far as things to do outside of the hotel. The truth is that we enjoyed the pool, relaxation, and service at Playa Fiesta so much that we had to force ourselves to actually make it to town our last full day there. There was a delicious breakfast buffet each day which offered all sorts choices to suit a wide range of preferences. That was also included in our room rate. For lunch there we could order off of a menu of standards like sandwiches, salads, quesadillas. All items I ordered for lunch were delicious. Most of our dinners were also included, as they were wedding-related events. And again, very good. Each night the group gathered around the bar and pool and just had a wonderful time socializing.

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The bride said that Lindsey (owner/wedding coordinator) made everything so easy from the day they booked through the wedding day itself.

Our room was fantastic. We had a small living area and a balcony overlooking the water. I understand that the view quality of the rooms varied, but who wants to spend much time in the room anyway in a beautiful spot like this!

I truly have nothing negative to say about Playa Fiesta and will remember our wonderful vacation there for a long time! One thing to note—our party was adults only. Though I’m sure that the property would accommodate children, I wouldn’t call the hotel “kid-friendly”. It’s really a wonderful and relaxing vacation spot for adults.

Thank you Hotel Playa Fiesta, Lindsey, and your staff for such a lovely experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren F
Reviewed 11 February 2014

First of all I want to say this was a much needed trip to get away from the cold winter of Minnesota this year!

I was first here about 5 years ago for my cousin's wedding. It was by far my favorite wedding I've been to. It's a very intimate experience since it is basically your family and friends there. There are 3 pools (Cold, warm, and hot tub) and each were used all day. The staff and the service they give is above and beyond anything you will receive elsewhere! All of the staff speaks english very well so you won't feel out of place if you don't know spanish.

This year I wanted to go back down with my cousin again along with some family and friends since Lindsey and Adam were out of town they had a week that was open for us to stay. This was even better because it was just the 7 of us along with a few other couples. The room was even an extra bonus! I didn't think this stay could be better, but it was. They had made some improvements since I was there last time. Better site lines to the ocean from the bar, upgraded the furniture by the pools to layout, added more furniture outside of the hotel to have a nice ocean view, added a swing bed on the lower level for a nap or a good read, added new rails by the pools, they have WiFi, and more! I can only hope I can come down again next year or even better...whenever I propose to the g/f to have to my wedding here.

This trip even provided whale watching as a mom was teaching her calf how to do different things. After watching for about 2 hours they made their trip back and litterally waved at us as they passed by Playa Fiesta!!!

If you are looking to do some sightseeing around the area you can take the local bus for about 8 pesos which is very cheap!

I promise you on anything you want me to that this is the place you will want for your wedding or simply an amazing vacation.

I can't thank you enough Adam and Lindsey. You have truely built a gem and I can't give yourselves or your staff a high enough rating!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rob N
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I got married here back in 2009 and we have tried to go back every year since. Every time we go back it just gets better-not sure how but it does! It's so fun to see what has changed from year to year and meet other past couples and/or those with future wedding dates. I have been to other warm places for vacation and nothing beats Playa Fiesta. We have become good friends with the owners and staff. Almost five years later the staff still remembers us and my family. What other place could you say that about? We have brought friends with us that didn't come to our wedding and they feel the same way about PF that we do. You just can't beat the ambience, staff, food, view, rooms...everything is amazing! I can't wait until next year!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. There really isn't a bad room in the house from the standard room to the to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank newby09
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I spent New Year's at Playa Fiesta and loved it. It's a great small hotel with a B&B feel, by which I mean the owners/hosts (Lindsay and Adam) are very present and helpful in any way they can be. They researched and arranged activities for us and booked us New Year's Eve dinner reservations at their favorite restaurant in town (excellent food and a great time). NYE is my birthday and, since they were aware, they wished me a happy one and treated us to a good bottle of champagne upon our arrival. And the day of, they surprised me beach/poolside with some chocolate cake and a group song. Additionally, we had a last-minute family emergency, which threatened to cancel our trip and they were super accommodating saying we could use our pre-paid nights anytime in the future. The family emergency did delay our trip. So we arrived 3 days late and were only able to use half of our nights (which means we look forward to returning!). We extended our stay but, since they were booked those days, we moved to The Four Seasons, which is obviously a VERY nice place. It's on an excellent plot of land and has all the bells and whistles. But we honestly preferred Playa Fiesta. We even liked the food better at PF, it's delicious! The staff are friendly and helpful. It's also nice they have two pools in addition to the jacuzzi…one pool is nice and cool and one is a little warmer (more comfortable for my taste). We usually work during our travels and require a good internet connection. It worked well there. Definitely looking forward to our return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mississippichick
Reviewed 21 January 2014

When you stay at a place that is rated #1 in that region, your expectations are automatically heightened. You don’t mean it, but you look at everything with a slightly more critical eye. That was in fact the case when I got to Playa Fiesta, I couldn’t help it, I’d been reading very positive reviews for the past several months. That being said, this property exceeded my elevated expectations. From the moment we checked in and were offered an ice-cold beer, to the moment we left and the staff loaded our bags into the taxi, every detail was attended to impeccably. This hotel is about service, and they are one of the best I’ve seen at executing service. The word “no” does not exist in the vocabulary of any of the staff.

We stayed in a Terrace Suite and the room was great. It was very large, comfortable, and stylishly decorated. I particularly loved the massive shower. I loved being able to take two steps out of the room and sit down at a table for breakfast.

Now, just to be fair, as I have gushed my way thru this review, I’d like to offer one minor criticism. Although the website is a really nice page visually, I think an amenities tab would be extremely helpful. We had a few simple questions, that were promptly answered when we emailed the hotel, that I’m sure others wonder about as well. It would have been nice to have a spot on the website that tells guests that they have things such as WIFI, they offer beach/pool towels, and that they have hair dryers and irons at request.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Taras P
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I just got back from Playa Fiesta and I just had to write a review. From the moment we were greeted at the front desk to our first margarita by the pool we knew we picked the right hotel for our vacation. The property is beautiful and has the authentic Mexico feel with the cleanliness and amenities that we expect being from the US (flat screen TVs, wifi, cable, hot water, AC, etc..). We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant for quite a few meals (breakfasts, lunches and dinners) and they were all wonderful! The drinks are all made one at a time with quality liquors and fresh fruits. We were treated like royalty by all the staff members and they all seem to love their job and really want to offer you the best service possible. The guy at the front desk set up a 3 hour fishing trip for us and anytime we needed to take a quick taxi (about 5 minutes to most of the town) there was one at the hotel within a couple of minutes. We love staying at boutique hotels because of the unique experience and this did not disappoint! We meet several other couples and individuals that we hung out with at the pool and just all enjoyed each others company. It was a great relaxing visit and we cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple