“Great trip as always”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was our third time staying at Playa and as always had a wonderful stay!! Our first time was for our daughters wedding which was amazing and we couldn't wait to go back. The staff was wonderful as always and the food was great. The only thing we missed was seeing the owners Adam and Lindsay as they were out of town. We are already trying to figure out when we can go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NEWBY01

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It's been almost two months since our daughter got married, and winter drags on - another reason to make me wish I was back at Playa Fiesta, sitting at the bar and having one of Charlie's "special" cocktails. When our daughter first told us she had decided to get married in Mexico, we were concerned about the logistics and how our other children would react to taking the long trip to Puerto Vallarta for the wedding. Things couldn't have been better! From the awesome accommodations and perfect weather to the kind and attentive staff, this was a wedding spot that most people can only dream about having. Lindsay was such a huge help with the wedding preparations and made our daughter feel like she was the most special bride that had ever held her wedding at Playa Fiesta. No details were too big or too small for Lindsay. And her staff? Kudos to them for their kind and friendly service. By the end of the first day, they knew everyone by name and worked hard to make sure the bride and groom and their guests had everything they needed. The rooms were beautiful, the food and beverage service outstanding, and the sound of the ocean waves coming through our open windows at night was enough to make even the most stressed traveler relax and sleep well. While there was no fitness center on site, arrangements were made with a hotel within walking distance of Playa Fiesta to use their facilities. There were also massage therapists available.I hope we get a chance to go back to see Lindsay and her staff again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I just returned from my wedding weekend from Playa Fiesta (2/28/14) and had to leave a review before I get sucked back into real life.

A thousand time yes if you are thinking about hosting your wedding here. We booked it without visiting in advance based solely off of reviews and the type/size of wedding we wanted to have. I realize this is not for everyone but we couldn’t work it into our schedules to visit beforehand.

I won’t reiterate all of the amazing things (all true) about the rooms/staff/location/hotel which have been previously commented on but will touch upon the concerns that I had planning a destination wedding in a foreign country sight unseen:

How we decided on Playa Fiesta- we knew we wanted a 50-60 person wedding somewhere tropical, not too inconvenient or cost prohibitive for our guests to travel. Puerto Vallarta is an easy half day travel from the US west coast and appeared much safer than some of the other cities we were looking at (Acapulco) and not as overdone as others (Cabo). Other venues we looked at were too big and impersonal (mega resorts), or too small (private villas with 4-5 bedrooms) which would necessitate shuttling guests in from other hotels (read: a huge pain). The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding weekend is how your guests are going to get from Point A to Point B in Mexico. The clincher- we began our wedding planning at about 9pm on a Friday evening and I emailed the hotel to receive more information. I received an email back within 20 minutes, no exaggeration. And PV is 2 hours ahead of us. This continued through the entire wedding planning process.

I originally wanted to have a casual fun festive barefoot beach fiesta which morphed into a letterpressed invite/designer wedding gown/cocktail attire event during the planning phase (thanks Pinterest). I wasn’t sure that this was too formal for the establishment. It wasn’t, either event would have been equally happy in this setting. It was so interesting to see the pool deck with people lounging out in their swimsuits and floating on pool toys only hours before your beautiful, elegant wedding. The versatility is amazing even if you change your mind about style/decor/budget/etc. Which you will. About a million times. And they will find a way to make it work.

It is also possible to have a fantastic wedding on a limited budget although a hotel buy out (roughly 50-55 guests), open bar, the mariachi band and fireworks are highly recommended and add a definite wow factor. You really can pick and choose what is important to you to spend money on and the beauty of the venue really distracts from anything that you decide not to go all out on.

We had guests from Australia, Asia as well as the US, most of whom are exceptionally well traveled and have pretty discriminating taste. How were we going to keep everyone entertained for 4 days??? Our guests (50 adults, 7 kids) ranged in age from 4 months to 70 years of age. Not only did everything meet or exceed expectations (mainly the latter), everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves- from the families with babies to the single and ready to mingle crowd, newlywed couples to the seniors. It is truly a feat to gather all of your family and friends together in one place and it is the most wonderful thing as the hosts see them all have such a good time. Best of all, we were able to spend a lot of quality time with our guests over 4 days and all we had to do was walk downstairs.

Food- I think most people have fairly modest expectations for wedding/hotel food and I really only took a couple of bites on the wedding day but I had numerous guests specifically comment on how good the food was. We also hosted a welcome dinner which was the Taco Bar, simple but delicious and everyone loved it. You have the option to include as many scheduled meals and entertainment as you want; we elected to keep the schedule pretty open to allow people to go into town and enjoy local cuisine or go on excursions without feeling they had to be somewhere at a certain time. The open bar was a bonus and, as with everything else, you can go as high end as your budget will allow (i.e. open bar can include well only or top shelf drinks).

Another concern were the rooms since they are not all the same. I was pretty stressed about how this was going to work out but it really seemed to be minimally problematic. The “premium” rooms (depending on your perspective) were on the 4th floor. Beautiful view but also a major hike to get to from the pool/restaurant level. We put our guests who were younger without kids in these rooms and the vast majority of them spent all of their time by the pool or out in town anyway. The first/second floor rooms were great for guests with mobility issues and small mobile children. The floors with ocean views are great but they are louder (the crashing ocean waves aren’t soothing to everyone) and can be less private than the “less desirable rooms” since the balconies overlook other balconies or the terrace where they are setting up the wedding or massages. The non-ocean view rooms were actually great for our jet-lagged guests or guests that you know will not be spending any time in their rooms anyway. Maybe a wedding guest would be able to comment more candidly about this but it worked out well for us.

We had 7 kids (three under 1 year and four 2-7 years) who all had an incredible time. I don’t know where the comments regarding the kid un-friendliness comes from but there didn’t seem to be any serious concerns from the parents. I mean, you do have to watch them, it’s not a padded room and there is open water, steps and stairs that you have to be aware of but nothing excessive.

I’m not going to even start with Lindsay, this woman is amazing at what she does and that is all you need to know. They’ve got this wedding thing down pat, you can be as involved as you want to be or just give them the basics and they will do the rest and it will be wonderful. We had some other major events all happen simultaneously so I wasn’t able to be as wedding focused as I would have liked but it was all fine. As a bride, it takes so much stress off of you to know that your guests are happy and enjoying themselves, that everything is in place and that you have your own amazing personal assistant on your special day. It allows you to focus on enjoying your day and spend time with your friends and family.

Huge props to Charlie at the bar, he knew everyone’s name and drink of choice the first night. And Nacho, assistant wedding coordinator, went out to buy my fiance a toothbrush when he left his at home. Apparently this was not important to pack for his wedding. Neither was his passport but that’s a different story.

I have not seen a wedding run so smoothly. It was not without its snafus (unrelated to the venue/coordination/hotel) but all those issues were completely quashed by the amazing-ness of our overall wedding experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ty2728
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I test services and write reviews for a living, so to say I'm critical is an understatement, especially when it comes to my own wedding. Playa Fiesta is the first time I have ever wished I could give a place or service more than 5 stars. I have never experienced a more perfect weekend.

My fiancé and I actually attended a wedding at Playa Fiesta in 2012 and were very impressed with not only the hotel, but the extremely friendly staff and all of the wedding options they offer. When we got engaged, I didn't want to have our wedding in the same place that our friends did, so I searched everywhere ... and I do mean everywhere ... to find a hotel that was comparable to Playa Fiesta. Tulum. Belize. Cabo. South America. Every hotel we looked at was over-priced and didn't include the perks that Playa Fiesta offered. We even took a trip to Playa Del Carmen and Tulum to check out hotels, but came back disappointed. After 4 months of searching, we made the decision we should have made in the first place ... to have our wedding at Playa Fiesta.

Here's why we decided to have our wedding at Playa Fiesta:

1. The Intimacy: The hotel only has 29 rooms, so you are able to take over the whole hotel for your wedding. It was beyond special to have all of our friends and family hanging out together for 4 days without strangers hanging out at the pool, bar or restaurant.

2. The Price: Hands down the best deal for both the wedding and our wedding guests. Every other hotel we looked at was at least double the room rates for the perks that Playa Fiesta included (daily open bar, breakfast, massages, etc.), if not more. And the price of the wedding was more affordable than anything we could have found in the States.

3. The Service: The bartenders, waiters, maids, front desk staff, etc. at Playa Fiesta are the most welcoming and friendly staff I've ever come in contact with. They know every guest by name the moment they arrive and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. All of our guests kept commenting to us about how unbelievable the service was.

4. The Wedding Options: Playa Fiesta knows how to throw a wedding. They have the best options for making your wedding a memorable experience. For our wedding, we included fire dancers for the Welcome Dinner, fireworks and a cigar rolling station for the reception. The food was unbelievable (another thing the guests were commenting on all evening) and the ambiance Playa Fiesta creates for both the wedding and reception is incredible. Which leads me to ...

5. The Wedding Planner: Lindsay, one of the owners of the hotel, is the most incredible human being I've ever come across. Not only is she a genuinely welcoming and warm person, but she would lay down on hot coals for her wedding couples. She really does genuinely care about your wedding. I would give Lindsay 10 stars if I could. Early on in the planning, she would respond to our emails within 5 minutes in most cases, always giving us great advice and keeping us on top of the wedding planning. From the moment we met to go over final details (which was 4 days before the wedding) until the end of the reception, we did not have to worry about one detail of the wedding. She literally thinks of everything. I seriously cannot say enough great things about her; she made our wedding spectacular.

I could go on for hours about this hotel, but you really have to experience it for yourself. If you are choosing hotels for your wedding, definitely go down to Puerto Vallarta and make a trip to Playa Fiesta. It is magical once you step in the door, and there is no other place like it. Believe me, I've done the research.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our son and his fiancé picked Playa Fiesta as their wedding site in November 2013, while being very excited for their big day as the parents of the groom our first thought was "oh no what about the rehearsal dinner". Within minutes; all of our concerns were erased, we received an email from Lindsay letting us know of all of the options of available to us right on site. Lindsay gave us dinner options to chose from, we picked a traditional Thanksgiving meal since it was Thanksgiving day and it was delicious! Lindsay had the table décor all arranged and it was beautiful. The guest enjoyed cocktails while the wedding party did the rehearsal, so the event flowed very nicely. Since the dinner was on site they could plan the dinner service according to our time frame, we didn't worry about missing a reservation in town. Lindsay even arranged on site entertainment for our guest after the rehearsal dinner. I heard from several guest through out the night how wonderful the food was and how great the service was.
Everything was beyond wonderful, the staff, the hotel, the food, and Lindsay and Adam handled everything. As someone who is employed by a wedding caterer, I was very impressed at the level of service all of the guests received during our 4 day celebration.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We decided to have our wedding at Playa Fiesta, and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Picking it sight unseen was a little scary, and we still weren't 100% sure that it even truly existed until we arrived, but once we stepped foot on the property all our worries went away.

As so many have already said, the accommodations are gorgeous, and many of the rooms are unique and special in their own way. I travel for business all the time so was worried that they wouldn't match the level of a Westin or Hyatt, but they definitely did, and then some. The layouts are super well thought-out, so that regardless of whether you're in a room or suite or multi-room suite, you have lots of space and privacy.

The entire experience of having only our closest friends and family stay all together at Playa Fiesta and take over the entire space was so unique and joyful that it's hard to put into words. I doubt we'll ever have an opportunity like that again, and we had so many guests express the same to us. So much of what made it fun and relaxing and comfortable was the stellar staff. You definitely got the sense that the staff was like one big family who had worked together for a long time. In particular, we loved Nacho, Pato and Charlie so much. We had lots of kids staying as well, and they couldn't get enough of Charlie's special drinks for them!

Lastly, I've heard weddings are supposed to be super stressful to plan, but our experience was exactly the opposite thanks to Lindsay, the hotel co-owner and wedding coordinator. Again, to echo so many others, she made us feel like our wedding was the only one she was planning thanks to her lightning-fast responses and attention to detail. We couldn't have asked for anything more from her and the rest of her staff.

Now the only decision we have left to make is when to return to Playa Fiesta!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfgirl80
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We just returned from a destination wedding at Playa Fiesta and it was a wonderful experience. From the time we booked, Lindsay helped us with all our questions and coordinated travel to our excursions in advance of our arrival. The accommodations are gorgeous - the rooms are updated but still feel very cozy, and the view just can't be beat. The service is excellent - big thanks to Pato & Charlie! The wedding activities were skillfully coordinated and included: fire dancers, live music, fireworks, and spa services for wedding guests. All in all, a wonderfully peaceful vacation! We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends