“Best place for a wedding party”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

and 1 more site!
Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was completely surprised at the level of service and attention to detail at Playa Fiesta. As a guest of a wedding party, I was treated like a princess by the staff, called by name and made sure I was comfortable every minute. The grounds are gorgeous and view perfection. Mojitos as sunset and intimate setting, with smallish wedding party, was absolutely perfect. If I ever needed to get married again, it would be here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Reader,
You think you are reading a review but really this is a love letter. One week ago today, after nine years of courtship and more than a few decades of living, we were married at Playa Fiesta. 4.4.14. We are still absorbing the magic of the day, the week, the experience.

Our journey began when we were guests of the hotel a year ago, on one of the rare weeks when Playa Fiesta is open to book for individual guests. We knew then we had found our wedding venue- though honestly we weren't looking. We had high hopes. We had been working with Lindsey and her partner, Melissa, to plan the perfect experience.

For an entire year I sent questions, thoughts, ideas, challenges. Each was met with lightening speed responsiveness and warmth. After a year of dreaming and scheming, you have to wonder if it could ever be as beautiful as you hope and imagine. And then we discovered it would be better.

I don't know if it was the perfect weather, the seamless experience of every single guest, the tropical flowers or the sound of laughter at every turn. But we've decided it is that the whole experience was more than the sum of its parts; That Playa Fiesta is a magical place because so many couples have brought all those they loved together, week after week, to celebrate love. This has to do something to a space. It makes it brighter. Sweeter. More vivid and magical than daily life. Playa Fiesta is wrapped in love. The love pours through the sunshine. It cools you in the pools. It jumps off the backs of the dolphins. But it also emanates from Lindsey and Adam (the keepers of this Garden of Eden). It shines through Nacho and Charlie. Jerry and Alex.

Every person who works at Playa Fiesta actually seems to care about the guests. There was never a moment of forced niceties. There was only totally genuine concern. My water bottle would be near empty, and someone would be placing a new one in my hand. My drink never ran out. (I secretly think there is a collective pact to keep the bride perfectly tipsy AND hydrated- perfection!)

My girlfriend dropped her phone in the pool and suddenly, within moments, a bag of rice appeared to save it. I would have a thought about some thing and suddenly Lindsey would appear and chase my thought, idea, request. "I will do that." "I can find that." "Let me see about that…"
Of course we can put bacon in your churros. Of course we can pour that soup into shot glasses. Of course we can order you Prosecco because that's your bubble of choice. Lindsey is the Mary Poppins of Weddings. She is the Jeannie in the bottle. She is Tinkerbell. She has some wedding fairy dust that she distributes about. On your wedding day, she will move you, without your conscious knowledge, from point a to b. You will glide from the pool to your room to your waiting place. You will float down the aisle, find your way to dinner and dance and cake and champagne as if by a benevolent force beyond your control. Your guests will be on time, in place and well taken care of. This will be Lindsey.

The flowers, the food, the food, the food (!), the beautifully kept rooms, the cake, the drinks- this is the village, all rallying to your experience.

Your guests will tell you it is the best wedding they've every been to. They won't be saying it just to make you feel good. They will laugh a lot and cry when they leave. They will tell you that it was magic. That they are SO happy the took the time off of work, spent the money, got the sitter (we asked people to leave their kids though kids are always welcome at PF) and made the journey from their town north of paradise. All your concerns will fade long before they make these declarations.

The hotel is easy to get to. Trips to town are a short cab ride away. The front desk arranged diving, snorkeling, and dinner reservations for guests. They tracked down the solitary piece of missing luggage and saw to it the the middle of the night departure of one guest happened with the same ease as a late afternoon departure. Seamless. Easy.

I want also to note that the hospitality was extremely inclusive. We were a multiracial crowd; a crowd of straight couples and gay couples; and at least 3 generations. Every guest was treated with kindness and love.

Together, we have been many places in the world. We've stayed in beautiful apartments, high end resorts, and charming small hotels. We have other points of reference to assess the quality of our time here. And we can honestly say this was the best, most magical trip we've ever had. We will forever be indebted to Playa Fiesta and to Lindsey, most especially. And to our friends and family who came to PF to create this experience with us- THANK YOU! One Love.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OneLove206
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I attended a wedding at Playa Fiesta just last week, as a best friend got married there. We vacation every year in Puerto Vallarta so we were more than happy to go back! One of the reasons we love it there so much is the people, and I think Playa Fiesta has employed the best of the best working on their staff! Every weight staff remembers you by name, they remember your drink, and they don't let you go a second with an empty before they ask if you need anything more. The property is immaculate, quaint and perfect for anyone seeking a place for a destination wedding. The owners, Adam and Lindsay, are wonderful. Not only are they welcoming, but they do everything top notch. Lindsay is also the wedding coordinator, and the bride called her a "little angel" because she was not only awesome to work with, she just made it happen at the snap of a finger! The location is perfect on a little secluded beach, which made the vista for the wedding perfect. The food was excellent, and you have to see how they construct the dance floor for the reception........over the pool! I'd recommend this to anyone, and am anxious to go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If your dream is to have a tropical, intimate, organized, classy, fun, beautiful, beach party wedding, then there is no other spot for you than Hotel Playa Fiesta.

January 2014 I married my husband at Hotel Playa Fiesta and they provided five star service from the moment we reached out to them a year prior to inquire about the possibility. During the planning process, responses over email were instant, which is really nice when you are trying to make decisions and arrangements for a destination event.

Playa Fiesta is a wonderful boutique hotel with 28 unique rooms, 2 pools, large hot tub, bar area, restaurant and beach area. We did a full takeover of the resort with all 28 rooms (56 people). So the entire resort was full of just our friends and family. It really was like getting married at someone’s private villa. :)

From the moment we arrived, I was in love with everything. Lindsay (owner and wedding coordinator) became my new best friend and Jeffe ( the boss/resort Dog) my new furry best friend. Lindsay is just one of those people who make you feel comfortable to be honest with your feelings and not feel like you are being too picky. The whole wedding was planned by her and her team, so I really didn’t even have to do anything other than make some important decisions on flowers, food, etc. She and her husband Adam are the owners and have amazing taste, which you can see throughout the resort.

The rooms are each uniquely designed and decorated. The tile work in the bathrooms is gorgeous and all done by Adam by hand! The food is very high quality. The breakfast buffet with fresh squeezed OJ and chilaquiles was the best. For lunch I ordered the shrimp quesadillas twice as they we just that good. The wedding dinner was wonderful and really fresh not at all like typical mass produced wedding dinners. We went with buffets for two of our dinners and they were great as well. On the last night we left it open for people to go to town if they wanted, but many just stayed and ordered off the dinner menu at the resort. The chef even came up with a fresh fish special that night just for us!

Charlie was the bartender extraordinaire, who somehow managed to remember all 56 people’s names and drink preferences immediately. He was extremely personable and every guest felt truly appreciative of his service. The first day I didn’t know what I wanted to drink and just said something light and refreshing. Charlie made me a delicious cranberry drink that was the perfect non-filling beverage for a bride to be!

The entire staff was amazing. For a minute I wondered if it was just because I was the bride, but when even my highest maintenance guests where saying the same thing, I realized this place was just something truly special.

We can’t wait to go back and visit our Hotel Playa Fiesta family as soon as possible and for years to come!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from our 5th trip to Playa Fiesta. Our daughter got married there five years ago and we were so obviously moved we have been back annually ever since.
All of the reviews about the amazing staff, accommodations, food, ambience and views are all 100% true but what brought us back the first year with our entire family for Christmas and what brings Steve and I back every year if only for a night, is the love. It is a unique couple that can create an environment and connection that makes every couple (family) feel as though they are their favorites. Revisiting an amazing memory every year and making new ones is such a gift and we are already planning next years visit with not one but two grandsons in tow! Not bad for five years........thank you Lindsay and Adam

Room Tip: Room 204 is our favorite!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue w
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was our third time staying at Playa and as always had a wonderful stay!! Our first time was for our daughters wedding which was amazing and we couldn't wait to go back. The staff was wonderful as always and the food was great. The only thing we missed was seeing the owners Adam and Lindsay as they were out of town. We are already trying to figure out when we can go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NEWBY01
Reviewed 9 March 2014

It's been almost two months since our daughter got married, and winter drags on - another reason to make me wish I was back at Playa Fiesta, sitting at the bar and having one of Charlie's "special" cocktails. When our daughter first told us she had decided to get married in Mexico, we were concerned about the logistics and how our other children would react to taking the long trip to Puerto Vallarta for the wedding. Things couldn't have been better! From the awesome accommodations and perfect weather to the kind and attentive staff, this was a wedding spot that most people can only dream about having. Lindsay was such a huge help with the wedding preparations and made our daughter feel like she was the most special bride that had ever held her wedding at Playa Fiesta. No details were too big or too small for Lindsay. And her staff? Kudos to them for their kind and friendly service. By the end of the first day, they knew everyone by name and worked hard to make sure the bride and groom and their guests had everything they needed. The rooms were beautiful, the food and beverage service outstanding, and the sound of the ocean waves coming through our open windows at night was enough to make even the most stressed traveler relax and sleep well. While there was no fitness center on site, arrangements were made with a hotel within walking distance of Playa Fiesta to use their facilities. There were also massage therapists available.I hope we get a chance to go back to see Lindsay and her staff again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple