My wife and I just returned from a friend's wedding at the Playa Fiesta Hotel in April. We have traveled all over the world, but this was easily the best, most relaxing vacation that we have ever taken together. Our room was clean and spacious, and was comfortably appointed and decorated with Mexican handicrafts- it overlooked the ocean, and we really enjoyed waking up to the sound of the waves every morning.
The staff is incredibly attentive- they had learned our names (and everyone else's, which is amazing since there were over 80 people in attendance at the wedding) by the end of the first day. The hotel offers quite a few authentic Mexican dishes (although there are other foods on the menu)- I was worried because I have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico and I usually hate the americanized Mexican food that most resorts offer. I was pleasantly surprised, though- the food was great. I had the taco platter on several occasions and was never disappointed, while my wife ordered the guacamole and totopos every day.
The thing that we really enjoyed about the hotel, though, was the intimacy of the resort. The hotel caters to wedding groups, so the guests at the wedding were the ONLY guests at the hotel. I have been to a few destination weddings in the past few years, and I always found it disappointing that after traveling all that way it was difficult to interact with the other wedding guests because there are so many other non-wedding guests at the hotel. Not true at the Playa Fiesta- my wife and I felt like we were vacationing with 80 of our closest friends - we only knew 30 of them prior to our trip, but after a few days together at the pool and bar the other 50 wedding guests that we didn't know have become good friends of ours too!
The area offers something for everyone. I am more of an adventurer while my wife likes to relax. She was able to spend her days lounging by the pool (there are two pools and a hot tub- each is a different temperature which is nice because as the sun goes down and it gets cooler you can just go from one pool to the next) while the front desk scheduled a tour for a few of us. I highly recommend the ziplining adventure, but there are several others to choose from. Adam and Lindsay (the owners of the hotel) hung out with the group almost every day- they were able to offer restaurant recommendations in town and even helped us with our travel arrangements!
The wedding itself was beautiful- from the lanterns hung all over the hotel to the dance floor (actually a bridge!) constructed over the pool, it was a unique experience that we will not soon forget. Because Playa Fiesta is a wedding hotel and we were the only guests, the party was able to continue all night. Aldo, the dj/mc/bartender was fantastic, and he even taught me and my wife how to salsa.
Our only regret is that my wife and I didn't know about this hotel when we got married!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Fiesta is unique in every sense of the word. A true gem situated on the South side of Puerto Vallarta right on the ocean with magnificent views of Banderas Bay. Playa Fiesta caters to Wedding groups & Vacationers. A quaint & intimate resort with full hotel amenities. The onsite Bar & Restaurant are open from 8am-11pm daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Playa Fiesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub And Hotel
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Playa Fiesta Beachclub