“Best vacation we have ever taken.”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

and 1 more site!
Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Boston
“Best vacation we have ever taken.”
Reviewed 18 May 2009

My wife and I just returned from a friend's wedding at the Playa Fiesta Hotel in April. We have traveled all over the world, but this was easily the best, most relaxing vacation that we have ever taken together. Our room was clean and spacious, and was comfortably appointed and decorated with Mexican handicrafts- it overlooked the ocean, and we really enjoyed waking up to the sound of the waves every morning.

The staff is incredibly attentive- they had learned our names (and everyone else's, which is amazing since there were over 80 people in attendance at the wedding) by the end of the first day. The hotel offers quite a few authentic Mexican dishes (although there are other foods on the menu)- I was worried because I have spent quite a bit of time in Mexico and I usually hate the americanized Mexican food that most resorts offer. I was pleasantly surprised, though- the food was great. I had the taco platter on several occasions and was never disappointed, while my wife ordered the guacamole and totopos every day.

The thing that we really enjoyed about the hotel, though, was the intimacy of the resort. The hotel caters to wedding groups, so the guests at the wedding were the ONLY guests at the hotel. I have been to a few destination weddings in the past few years, and I always found it disappointing that after traveling all that way it was difficult to interact with the other wedding guests because there are so many other non-wedding guests at the hotel. Not true at the Playa Fiesta- my wife and I felt like we were vacationing with 80 of our closest friends - we only knew 30 of them prior to our trip, but after a few days together at the pool and bar the other 50 wedding guests that we didn't know have become good friends of ours too!

The area offers something for everyone. I am more of an adventurer while my wife likes to relax. She was able to spend her days lounging by the pool (there are two pools and a hot tub- each is a different temperature which is nice because as the sun goes down and it gets cooler you can just go from one pool to the next) while the front desk scheduled a tour for a few of us. I highly recommend the ziplining adventure, but there are several others to choose from. Adam and Lindsay (the owners of the hotel) hung out with the group almost every day- they were able to offer restaurant recommendations in town and even helped us with our travel arrangements!

The wedding itself was beautiful- from the lanterns hung all over the hotel to the dance floor (actually a bridge!) constructed over the pool, it was a unique experience that we will not soon forget. Because Playa Fiesta is a wedding hotel and we were the only guests, the party was able to continue all night. Aldo, the dj/mc/bartender was fantastic, and he even taught me and my wife how to salsa.

Our only regret is that my wife and I didn't know about this hotel when we got married!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank wwkayak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
CA
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Reading the rav reviews of Playa Fiesta I couldn't have been more excited to spend a week at the hotel with my family. Upon first sight of the hotel I was in horror, it's on a winding country back road far away from civilization. The hotel looked so old dirty. I figured looks must be deceiving based on the reviews so I kept an open mind as I walked inside to check in. The front desk area looked like something out of the 80's and check in was a nightmare. I arrived with 4 other people and between us all it took almost 20 minutes to get us checked in, because was computerized, it's all written paperwork. Heading to the room I was still hopeful until I realized that there was no elevator and I would have to be walking up and down stairs for the whole week. Upon entry to our room I was met with a small, standard room with one bed and bathroom...that was all!!! I paid $300 a night for a room without so much as a balcony or even an ocean view while others paying the same price got an ocean view suite with a private jacuzzi. Everyone pays the same price regardless of the room type. Heading to the pool area was another disappointment. There is one small pool, if you could even call it that, and a slightly larger pool, not made for swimming but for looks only I suppose. My children weren't even able to enjoy theirselves with the bathtub of a pool they had. They offered nothing else for entertainment, nothing. There are no snacks of any kind offered at this hotel either. No chips for the kids, no cookies, no hot dogs; you either eat a meal or you don't eat. The food is horribly overpriced, not enough selection, and not of the high quality you would expect out of the prices. The only positive thing about this hotel is that that the staff will remember your name, to make you think you are special. Upon check out we were treated like 2nd class citizens only to see Adam and Lindsay come running to the new wedding couple arriving just like they did to our bride and groom. It's all an act, because the second the new people arrive you are shoved out and the warm friendly faces disappear once you clear your bill. The wedding wasn't what you would expect for thousands of dollars. The dining room is cramped, as was the ceremony. There is not sufficient space, even for the 60 people in our party. I could go on forever, but we will just leave it at that...think twice about comitting here.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
32 Thank aple1997
Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 May 2009

All I can say is “wow.” Playa Fiesta is incredible! Not only is the location breath taking, the hotel is gorgeous, the service incredible and the food is out of this world. We feel so incredibly fortunate to have hosted our wedding week at this unique venue. A boutique hotel with 32 bedrooms, we had the place to ourselves! The pool, bar and dinning room are so comfortable and beautiful. Everyone could be together, or get away very easily. There was a breakfast buffet every morning complete with made to order eggs. The bartenders had almost everyone’s name and favorite drink memorized on the first day! The staff took extra special care of the bride and groom… I felt like a celebrity!
I was told by one guest that our meal on the wedding night was the best meal of his life! I heard from everyone that the service was first rate. Basically Lindsay (Wedding Coordinator) and the staff here make you look good. That sounds funny but everyone said that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, or that it was like being at a celebrity wedding, they all were anticipating what would come next. To better explain this here is a little insight to our week at Playa Fiesta:
Day 1: We arrived at Playa Fiesta and our jaws dropped. The PF website does not do the place justice! We checked into the “Wedding Suite” and there was a huge bouquet of tropical flowers. We had dinner by the pool, and went back up to our suite and sat in our private Jacuzzi on our balcony overlooking the ocean. Ahhhh. Too good to be true. I know that I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
Day 2: Sat down with our incredible wedding planner Lindsay and discussed the details of the wedding day. We also had a cake testing and hair trial. DH took me for a romantic dinner at La Palapa. We sat in the sand and watched the sunset while a mariachi band serenaded us.
Day 3: Our guests arrived at Playa Fiesta. My favorite part was sitting down by the pool and watching guests arrive at the third story balcony! Everyone was so happy and excited. Our guests were welcomed by staff carrying their luggage to their rooms, a drink and chips and homemade guacamole! This was a favorite snack all week! Everyone was so impressed by their rooms, although none of us spent much time in them.
We hosted a welcome dinner at Playa Fiesta with a taco bar that was out of this world. We also hired fire jugglers to help kick off the trip and it was a huge hit!
Day 4: The guys all headed out early in the morning for deep sea fishing. They had a great time! They brought the fish back to the hotel and the staff prepared it for lunch the next day. The guys were very proud of that lunch and it was delicious. As for the girls, I didn’t plan anything… so we all enjoyed the breakfast buffet, lounging by the pool, playing cards, etc. A group of us decided to go snorkeling at Los Arcos/Mislamoya. It was beautiful and only cost $20pp.
We hosted a Mexican BBQ that night and had karaoke hosted by the very talented head bartender/DJ Aldo. To my surprise it was a HUGE hit and a highlight of the whole week! There were no singers and it took about an hour to get warmed up but it turned into a big sing along. We went an hour passed what was planned, and no one would get off the “Stage.” So Aldo kept playing crowd favs and everyone kept singing along. A bunch of girls jumped in the pool with clothes on and it was a party!
Day 5: Spa day. A complimentary 30 minute massage was included in each guests’ room rate. There was a schedule at the front desk all week for guests to sign up, 4 at a time. The staff was very professional, complete with music and incense. They set up privacy blinds on the sundeck under a huge palapa near the ocean. It was so relaxing to have a massage while hearing the waves in the background. What an incredible experience. I want to go back!
Day 6: OUR WEDDING DAY! First, I was in the pool until noon, how cool is that?!. What an incredible day. Each night kept getting better and better and our wedding day toped them all. Everything was beautiful, beyond expectations. The flowers, décor, details were even better than what I had envisioned. Lindsay totally grasped my vision and made my day perfect… and flawless. We got married at 5pm on the terrace; I walked down the isle to beautiful mariachi music. We had a cocktail hour and the mariachi was there for most of it. We serve appetizers and blue margaritas with cherries to match the wedding colors. We were introduced as husband and wife from the 3rd story balcony that overlooks the pool area while U2’s “Beautiful Day” played. That was a moment I’ll never forget! The dinner was delicious; our first dance was on a covered bridge dance floor over the pool… gorgeous! We did our toast from an island in the middle of one of the pools and when I said the key word fireworks lit up the sky while ACDC “Thunderstruck” played. We had kept it a secret and our guests were in awe! Everyone was on the dance floor then we took it to the pool… yes, with our clothes on! (I had a 2nd dress I slipped on without many noticing… was a silk slip dress, don’t worry… I wore undergarments!) I was so worried the party would be over when people went in the pool… oh no! We were in the pool for 2 hours, until almost 1am! Aldo the DJ played crowd favorites and many of us lost our voices. The party kept going past 1am. We couldn’t believe how special the day was so when we got to our room we laid on the couches and just discussed the events of the day.
Day 7: Free day. We actually did a trash the dress session with our photographer this day, highly recommend this! It was very romantic and the perfect way to spend our first day as husband and wife. We also did a lot of relaxing by the pool and loved hearing everyone’s praises about the wedding and Playa Fiesta!
Day 8: Half day before heading home… we took a walk on the beach, leisurely ate breakfast and said our good byes. One couple were planning to move to another resort but decided to go home because they felt it couldn’t top the last 5 days!

If you are looking for a place to host a private, personal and romantic wedding, look no further! It was easy and fun due to Lindsay’s (Wedding Coordinator) incredible attention to detail and quick responses. Because Adam and Lindsay are from the U.S., they relate well to what we are used to and are also able to clue us into the differences between the U.S. and Puerto Vallarta. This is huge! I have absolutely no regrets, and having chosen Playa Fiesta sight unseen, it EXCEEDED our expectations. It was a dream wedding celebration!

• Stayed January 2009
7 Thank kbirrenkott
Minneapolis
Reviewed 29 April 2009

My husband and I, along with 80 of our closest friends and family, made Playa Fiesta our home away from home for a week early this month. It was perfection, in every sense of the word. Adam and Lindsay were an absolute dream to work with during the 8 months leading up to our wedding week, and proved to be even better in person! Furthermore, the staff was beyond incredible; everyone was the perfect mix of personable and professional. The food was also amazing, the bar was always hopping, and the entire resort was clean and comfortable at all times. We wish we could have stayed for an entire month!

Also worth mentioning is the ease of travel to and from town. Our guests traveled safely and without difficulty throughout Puerto Vallarta at all times of day and night; exploring shops, restaurants and bars, and exercising along the Malecon. It is truly a great city for travelers of all ages!

I have vacationed in Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding area for years, but never before had I experienced a resort like Playa Fiesta. Adam and Lindsay definitely own a hidden gem; one that we will be coming back to again and again in years to come.

• Stayed April 2009
3 Thank jalettaw
San Francisco
Reviewed 23 April 2009

The service truly was world class. It seemed like every member of the staff knew me by face and "Scott" that's me, within 24 hours! The owners of the resort were so attentive they seemed to become like family also overnight.
My best friend on the planet got married here and that could have you think my review be a little biased.
He was also the best man at my Wedding and as he and I both know all to well, The Westin in Saint John flat out dropped the ball accross the board for me and my wife!!

If your considering this resort, it would be a mistake not to give Adam and his adorable wife the opportunity to blow you and and your friends and family away.

It was one of those events that will be spoken about for years to come.

Scott
San Francisco

• Stayed March 2009
4 Thank pedrosuzy
boston, ma
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I traveled alone to a friend's wedding -4 days of relaxation and sun. I was a bit nervous to travel to mexico and stay in the hotel alone, but once I arrived my fears were put to rest. The staff at Playa Fiesta became like friends as I settled in. The same friendly, cheerful faces each day greeted me at meals, the pool, the bar, and around the grounds. The rooms are well laid out with ample closet space and decorated with a wonderful mexican style. Each meal was incredibly fresh and delicious and the service fantastic. We laid out all day, every day, in hot sun with a cool breeze, occasionally relaxing in the pools to music. The hotel as a very art deco feel to the mexican style, and at night we were entranced by the wall of lanterns shining out. Because of the hotel layout, we were shielded from other hotels, in our little "world".
I was extremely sad to leave!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank lisalou216
Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We had a great time at Playa Fiesta. We attended a wedding that was housed at the hotel. Everything was beautiful and we didn't have to worry about anything. Not only was the view and the ocean reason enough, the staff really aimed to please! They were available to offer the best places to visit downtown. The nightlife was so much fun and with everything going on in the world, we felt very safe to walk around town. This is a great place for a wedding, for the party and the guests.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple