“amazing wedding and vacation”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I can't imagine a more beautiful place to be married. My daughter was just married there on October 23rd ,2009. We had 35 family members and close friends that joined us for the celebration. It was a perfect week of relaxation and ended with a perfect wedding.. Adam and Lindsey did a wonderful job along with their staff to make sure everyone was taken care of. The food was excellent and the rooms were clean and beautiful. No one wanted to leave. I highly recommend Playa Fiesta for your wedding, you will not be disappointed.

Mother of the bride

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 June 2009

I don't know where to begin.....we had our wedding at Playa Fiesta on June 1, 2009 and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! After a lot of research we finally agreed on Playa Fiesta as our wedding site and were not disappointed. The owners, hotel, location, and staff were spectacular. The whole wedding planning process was stress-free, we put complete trust in Lindsay and she made our day everything we wanted it to be, she has wedding planning down to a science. The staff was incredibly gracious to us, our family and all of our guests. So happy we chose Playa Fiesta, we have taken away so many awesome memories.....it was hard to come back to real life but we can't wait to make it a family tradition to return again and again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCoulter
Reviewed 2 June 2009

From beginning to end my daughter's wedding planning and experience could not have been more enjoyable, stress free and magical all thanks to the amazing owners and staff at Playa Fiesta. As the mother of the bride I feel so blessed to be able to write this review and encourage any one with misgivings or doubts about the ability to plan a destination wedding from afar (we are in Minnesota) to set aside your fears and go for it!!! Lindsay and Adam were amazingly helpful all a long the way and answered every question we had promptly and accurately. They even humored my request for a children's choir and found three local options for us with CD's to listen to ahead of time! My daughter was the happiest bride to be any of my friends have ever seen and we had none of the usual melt downs one hears about. Upon arriving at Playa Fiesta we immediately felt relaxed and well taken care of. We had over 80 guests and filled the hotel to the brim. I have continued to hear from our family and friends that it was one of the most magical wedding celebrations they had ever experiences. From the beautiful rooms with wonderful linens and views to the delicious food and ambience, Playa Fiesta is the place to celebrate something as special and sacred as the wedding of your child.

• Stayed: March 2009
5  Thank olsonMinnesota
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I can see how a week at a hotel full of your family and closest friends could make ANY hotel seem charming and I think that has blinded so many reviewers, so I am here to write an unbiased opinion of my stay.

The hotel isn't close to anything. It's in a remote and quite unattractive location. Imagine and overgrown, rocky hillside and you are there. The hotel offers no commodities ie razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste incase you forgot to pack it and a cab ride is at least 20 minutes to the nearest store. A few of the rooms are updated but unless you are the parents of the wedding couple you will get an old, outdated, musty, dirty room. There is no parking if you wanted to rent a car. The food is very limited and gets old by day 3. If you wanted to order out you couldn't because the hotel is so far away from anything that no one will deliver. Most of the staff spoke very little or no English and made communicating a nightmare. There are steps and stoops lated everywhere without markings and many people in our party tripped over them. There is NO beach, you're limited to the very small pools they have, which was one of my biggest disappointments. What's the point in going to the "beach" if there is no "beach"? There were constant problems with the hotel water being non-existent. Our room had water roaches . There are only about 5 TV stations. There is no water pressure in the showers. The smaller pool was kept too hot to enjoy. The hotels prices for various tours were a lot higher than what we were offered in town - so be aware. Only the bride and groom were taken care of, the rest of the guests were treated like second class citizens. We were over charges on our bill and getting the charges corrected took an act of congress. Charges for the massages were NOT very clear.

On the other hand I gave this hotel two stars instead of one because the drinks were non stop and included in our price. I did have fun clearly becuase all of my family were there, if it hadn't been for that I wouldn't have enjoyed my stay in the least.

We checked into budget hotel in the Hotel Zone after our week at Playa Fiesta and had a much better time there and were treated with much higher quality service. It is clear this hotel only caters to the bride and groom. If you're the one getting married you will love this place, but if you're just a guest, stay up the road at Playa del Sol like a few in our party did. It's only a 5 minute cab ride, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
17  Thank justme_0101
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Along with many of my friends, I was in a wedding in Puerto Vallarta. Playa Fiesta was the centerpiece. It was utterly amazing. Upon my arrival, I drove up to the front of what appeared to be a modest hotel. Was I ever wrong. Before I could get out of the car there were attendants there to help get my bags out of the car and up to my room. I walked through the entrance of the hotel, to find the wonderful sight of all of my greatest friends having cocktails and relaxing in the pool that overlooked the beautiful ocean right at sunset. It was a dream come true!

The first night that we arrived we were greeted with an AMAZING taco bar dinner. I have been to several different locations throughout Mexico and I must say that the food at Playa Fiesta is superior to all others. WE NEVER LEFT THE HOTEL! In addition to a wonderful meal and great drinks, I was fortunate enough to have met the owners of the hotel, Adam and Lindsay. They are remarkable. I sat with them and chatted about the history of the hotel and how it came to fruition. What a wonderful story. It is clear that they have poured their heart and soul into making Playa Fiesta a dream wedding and vacation destination.

As I said, the purpose of the trip was for my friends wedding. I was the best man in the wedding. The day before the wedding was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Lindsay did all of the wedding coordinating. She was clear, precise and very involved with the bride, groom and the wedding party. She was diligent about the details, and was sure that the wedding party was as well. Because she did such an astounding job the day prior, the wedding went off with out a hindrance! My friends were married on a beachfront terrace as the sun was setting. As the wedding vows were being spoken, the sound of crashing waves lingered in the background. It was nothing short of breathtaking. It was the kind of wedding that most people would say to themselves “this is where I want to get married.”

In the past when I have vacationed in Mexico, the rooms, food, service, and many other things were mediocre at best. Playa Fiesta is unlike any other hotel in Mexico. I was not ready to leave and upon my return home, I found myself wishing that I was still there. Currently, I have plans to return to Playa Fiesta two more times in the near future. If you are looking for relaxation, beauty, fun, and great service, this is the place to go!!

I miss you Playa Fiesta!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank Conciergegirl
Reviewed 23 May 2009

We were here for my son's wedding and everything was perfect for such a special occasion. You can trust in the positive comments you have read, so I don't feel a need to add many of my own. This hotel is geared toward catering to adults without children along. It is located a short distance outside of P. V. and is surrounded by hills and the ocean. Hear the birds chirping, the waves crashing on the beach, the laughter. What they do, they do in an outstanding way. "Adults si, children no". Enough said by me.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank newfordrichy
Reviewed 23 May 2009

When one of my closest friends put out feelers to see if we'd be up for a destination wedding in Mexico... she heard a resounding, "YES!" Who knew it would turn out to be one of the best weddings/vacations ever?

We arrived at Playa Fiesta and were greeted by the friendliest, most accommodating staff. Right off the bat, they were working to learn our names and our favorite cocktails. The rooms were clean, had great character and the most magnificant views.

Throught the week leading up to the wedding, guest were doing everything from golfing, fishing trips, shopping in town or just hanging by the pool. I highly recommend a Miami Vice for a poolside cocktail (1/2 pina colada, 1/2 strawberry daquari)!

The food was absolutely amazing! We woke up every morning to a full Mexican brunch with an omlette bar, pancakes, beans, rice, mangos, papaya, mangos & yogart. The bride and group hosted a few dinners and the poolside side menu was delicious and reasonably priced... everything was so good it made it hard to expand our horizons and leave the hotel! (Though we did for a couple of dinners - I highly recommend the lobster at Le Cliff...)

The wedding was one of the most beautiful I've ever been a part of... a glass of wine or cocktail in hand, we made our way up to the beautiful terrace where we were greeted by a marachi band. After the ceremony we headed back down to the deck where we nibbled on yummy tuna tartar and sipped on sangria. We ate, we drank, we danced and celebrated not just the wedding night but the fun we'd all had getting to know eachother over the week.

My friend was probably one of the most relaxed brides I've ever seen and I can credit that to the amazing TLC that the staff of Playa Fiesta gave her and her guests. Lyndsey and Adam did everything to put both the bride and groom at ease. There was not a hiccup to to worry about the entire week!

Thank you to the staff of Playa Fiesta and to my friend who decided to get married there! It couldn't have been a better trip!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family