Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta
Hyatt.com
US$277
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$305
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$514
US$159
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$161
  • Pool
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$501
US$487
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$174
Official Hotel
2,796 results
All reviewssurf and turfsnack bartennis courtsa la carte restaurantsguest servicestime sharethomson repspanish coffeebuffet restaurantshrimp tacosactivities staffpool viewtowel cardsmain buffetevening entertainmentnightly showssmaller resort
Reviewed 27 April 2014

An overall very satisfying experience that I will always remember; in a beautiful location.
Whatever short comings this resort may have, the staff more than made up for it.
I won't mention many specific names because I can't remember them all.
My room was cleaned very well every day & 2 bottles of water supplied
The buffet waiters & supervisor were incredible as was Chris in the lobby bar the week I was there. Pablo at the poolside bar made sure your glass was never empty.
I thought that the buffet food was better than the 3 'a la carte' dinners that I was entitled too.
I'm from 'cattle country' ( Calgary, Alberta, Canada ) & the beef in Mexico doesn't stack up to what we eat, but they do a good job of presentation.
I've read quite a few reviews & I know there are some legitimate complaints, but I people watch a little & can't believe how ignorant & CHEAP some guests are.
Because it is all inclusive most don't ever tip at all.

Not everything was rosy as I was very disappointed in the WI-fi. They were having problems supposedly & I could receive emails but not send. They had their IT look at my laptop several times & blamed it on my server. My server worked fine when I got home.
They sent an email for me which never worked.
I had to make a phone call to Calgary to confirm my pick up at the Calgary airport.
I used the hotel land line & had it charged to my credit card & the cost for a call that was less than 2 minutes cost just over $58. Yikes.
Other than a few minor glitches I have no problem recommending this hotel & I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was ground floor facing the pool & was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ralph A
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was an excellent experience to see the great service that all the personal from the hotel can offer and serve you. 100% honesty and respect, very good, thank you so much for everything.
I hope to come back next year!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny, an excellent choice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adriana H
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The staff is what makes this a nice place, they are ALL friendly and remember you. This resort is a little on the small size, it only has one pool and the beach is also on the small size. The rooms were nothing special very simple and kept in pretty good shape.
The food was ok, nothing too special a pretty good choice of items. I would say this is more like a 3 1/2 or 4 star resort.
Its great if you aren't planning on spending a lot of time there, because you would get bored in about 2 or 3 days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alenalovessun
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is my second time in this great hotel. My room was the 367 nice pool view.
I would like to be clear with my personal opinión: Ok. This is not a Fairmont or Shangri la Resort. and the deals of what you pay are very different.
Canto del Sol is a nice medium old hotel, but very well mantained.. very clean rooms and public áreas. Food very good.... much better than other hotels I have been in PV.
But What it makes even better is all the staff. They try at all times to do their best.. Sure I will return..

Room Tip: choose if you can; pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank willmexicocity
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent a week at Canto Del Sol with our family & baseball team.First time in PV and we will be returning next year. The resort and all the staff were amazing! Everyone went out of their way to help and make sure you are having a good stay. Activities staff were also awesome. Water aerobics, ping pong, water polo to beach volleyball, they've got you covered. Food was great in the buffet and snack bar. The kids could choose what they would like, and have seconds of their favorites. Short cab ride to the Malacon for a great day/night experience. Loved being central and walking distance away from many local shops. Loved this resort! See you next year!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family