As this was my first all inclusive resort stay I can't draw any comparisons, but I will try to provide what feedback I can.
We stayed in a suite style of room with a full kitchen, that overlooked the tennis courts. This wasn't our choice, it just happened to be what we got. The kitchen wasn't separate from the bedroom, so we could hear the fridge come on and off throughout the night, which kept waking us. The next day we asked to be moved and as rooms came available through the day we "shopped around" until we found one that suited us better. This room had the bedroom separate from the rest of the suite and was very nice. Overlooking the tennis courts isn't a big deal as we spent most all of our time at the pool anyway.
The pool is one of the best features of this resort. They have signs up at the pool about not reserving chairs, but that didn't stop anybody. We weren't peak season so it still wasn't too hard to find a four chairs together for us and the other couple we were travelling with. The pool is beautiful. You can be in the pool and enjoy the sun or the shade. The swim up bar is usually shady too, so if you want to spend a lot of time there you can without getting too much sun.
They do pool volleyball, music, water aerobics and other events in the pool to keep you entertained. Or if you wish for more quiet they have a lot of loungers set up along the beach away from the noise.
The food was ample and just good basic eating. They rotate the menu to some extent so that different days of the week offer different menu styles. I think i gained 10 pounds in a week. The buffet was large and there was never a wait at the times we went to eat.
Staff were very friendly and for people that were obviously regulars (or perhaps time share owners?) they were super friendly.
Last but not least, the liquor. A lot of people brought their own larger plastic cups, which is a good idea as they serve their drinks in small plastic ones. The alcohol was good, with all your basics available. Two types of beer your standard Mexican pale lager or dark lager. You can ask for nicer quality rum/vodka/tequila etc...than what is on the tap as well.
One final word of warning that has no affiliation with Canto Del Sol. Do not talk to the guys standing outside of their store front that is directly across the large roundabout outside of the hotel. They will try to call you over for sales pitches and use hard pressure sales tactics to get you to try to buy time shares. Another couple we met had a near terrifying experience with them and were essentially robbed. Again, they have nothing to do with Canto Del Sol, I only mention this if you are staying in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta