My wife and I are in our 60's. We spent "la semana santa" or the week before Easter at the resort. We were impressed by the staff. Everyone from the front desk and courtesy desk to cleaners, wait staff and entertainers was friendly and professional. Most of the employees speak English and were more than willing to help me improve my basic Spanish! As the week progressed, more and more Mexican families arrived until the facility was very busy. The management handled the additional demands by increasing their staff, expanding the beach-view restaurant and adding portable bars. There was never a reduction in service. We always found beach and pool loungers when we needed them. The Canto del Sol is not a bland white tower which could be a resort anywhere in the world.The rooms are typical of a Puerto Vallarta hotel in a hotel zone which has been around for 10 or 15 years. They had everything we needed and were well maintained. The architecture is traditional Mexican with beautiful gardens. We did not take advantage of the 4 clay tennis courts but met many visitors who did. We ate at two a la carte restaurants: Tierra y mar has good surf and turf-type dishes served on two decks overlooking the Pacific. The sunsets were magnificent. The Italian restaurant was a short walk to part of the resort which is across the street. The food and service were impressive for an all inclusive resort. We noted that some visitors did not like the beach. We spent most mornings there and liked the activity. It is not the best if you want to be far from other people and the strong waves mean you should be a good swimmer before venturing into the water. I did enjoy the experience. We liked the various vendors. We had several nice conversations with artisans and purchased a nice hand-painted pine bowl. We did not really need to buy souvenirs because this was our eleventh trip to Mexico, a country of fascinating cultures and amazing variety. I had read many Trip Advisor reviews for this hotel prior to our trip and I would say that it lived up to the many positive comments given by previous guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta