We have done several all inclusive trips to Mexico in the past. We have always enjoyed lounging by the pool, sipping drinks, listening to music and watching/participating in all of the fun things that the hotel staff comes up with. This is one of the resons I wouldn't go back to this hotel. All of the music by the pool was in Spanish and we didn't recognize/enjoy any of it. All of the staff spoke in Spanish and conducted all of the pool activities in Spanish. We definitely felt like outsiders. I know that this is IN Mexico, but the past places we've been to were very different. Not to mention that if you wanted a chair by the pool you had to stake your claim to it by putting your towel down early in the a.m. (we would do it on our way to breakfast). We didn't figure that out for a few days though! Also, one of the reasons we booked this hotel, besides the fact that it was cheap, was because it had a swim up bar. It ended up being closed the whole time. Bummer! It was clean and nice enough, the food was good to us. We thought the buffet rated high compared to other all inclusives we'd been to. I knew ahead of time that you only get a limited amount of times to eat in the "nice" restaurants, but it was weird that you have to walk across the street from the hotel and go through a maze to get to them. The customer service was not up to par compared to past vacations. It just seems like the staff is not happy and rarely smiles. Guys that checked us in were friendly, and Jose the bartender @ pool bar ruled. He was awesome. That's pretty much it. We caught fish while deep sea fishing and hotel refused to cook it for us (we have been to a different hotel in PV previously that cooked fish for us) so that was upsetting. Overall an okay time but we wouldn't book here again. Go to small travel agency across the street from hotel to save alot of money on excursions-can't remember the name of it, but it's the only one, across from the front of the hotel and a little to the left. Two brothers run it, they were reliable and friendly. Saved us tons!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta