Our vacation club travels twice per year and decided to try something different this time. I am here to tell you that Canto Del Sol is NOT the answer to your vacation dreams.
In all fairness I must admit that the rooms were very clean. Jorge at the pool bar was awesome, and the bartenders at the pool bar were very nice. But for the most part the praise ends there.
We have been traveling all inclusive for many years and are perfectly familiar with the buffet scene and the fact that it can get old after a few days. It should also be a given that depending on where you go, you will have to adjust to the customs of the area foodwise. That said, the food here was TERRIBLE!!! I decided to have an omelet one morning and waited so long in line that my party was done eating when I got back to the table. I guess I wasn't the only one who could not stomach what the buffet had to offer. The a-la-carte restaurants were better but the options were very limited. The hostesses were all very rude and the waiters for the most part were not very accomodating. We were lucky to get a waiter who even attempted to understand what we were saying. Breakfast is served at 7am and when we sat down with plate in hand one morning at 7:15, we were told we could not sit there because the table was not ready. It was missing a fork!!! We had to take our plates, coffee, juice and all and move one table over rather than them just giving us a fork.
The pool is gourgeous but good luck trying to relax poolside. Apparently the hotel sells day passes for local folks and those in neighboring towns to enjoy the pool, food, and drink for the day. So now you have a full hotel and a pool full of locals on top of it. They converge all around the edges of the pool and plant themselves on the pool bar stools for the day. All entrances to the pool are blocked by the little ones who cannot swim alone yet. Dirty diapers are left both outside and along the inner edges of the pool. Food is thrown in the pool. By noon the pool is a cloud. Good luck keeping your chairs even if you get up early to reserve them. One little jaunt to the bar or to grab an inch of poolspace and you take the chance of loosing your chair. Don't worry about your stuff though, becuase they carefully place it in a pile before taking the chair away.
I really don't know about the night life at the hotel because by the time we finished dinner each night, the locals had gotten comfy in the lounge and good luck trying to get a drink much less a seat. And the bartenders have favorites so you could be next in line and still take backseat to anyone depending on who is tending bar.
The beach seemed nice initially until we took a walk and found beer caps lining the beach everywhere and huge piles of trash off to the side of our hotel. This did not get touched once during the time we were there. Not appealing to say the least.
All in all it was a very disappointing visit to Puerto Vallarta. Don't waste your money on this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta