My 12 yr old daughter and I returned 2 days ago after 1 week stay at Canto del sol. While I made sure to read the reviews on this site before we left I thought most of them sounded positive. We left on the 29th of april and I just read the latest reviews before posting my own. I would have to agree "the food is terrible". I have been to many all inclusives before and this is the worst food hands down. Thes last 5 or 6 reveiws seem to depict the true color of this establishment.
It was overcrowded in, and by the pool every day, as someone had stated there are many people there for the day and line ups for food . I did not feel welcomed. A couple of the staff were very freindly, Daniel and Jorge seemed to be on the ball and working for the guests. We barely ordered from the waiters coming around offering us beverages because it only happened half a dozen times in one week. we were also waiting on drinks that never came as he forgot us. (so much for tipping to ensure proper service)Waiting in line at thecounter for a drink was another experience , you can't be shy or you will be ignored they will ask the person beside you or behind you practically.
There was also a Mexico Lions convention the last few days we were there they were treated like we all should have been. Boy I wish I had been a Lion.......they had taken away the tables and umbrellas by the beach on two nights and put up dining tables and chairs for there parties and the rest of the guests had nowhere to sit and eat if you were at the snack bar, which by the way is probably the only place my daughter ate(other than fruit loops or pancakes for breakfast)
I guess because it was so busy food trays were empty and waiting to be replenished at most meals. I was told one morning at breakfast that we couldn't sit by the pool in the retaurant because they were tables for 4 and we were only 2, this I could understand if it was full but it was 8am and there were only 15 other guests dining. Also when we arrived I purchased a cab ride to ensure a first arrival for a good room. The room was okay (we arrived at 8am) After looking around the hotel I saw a room we prefered with more of a view of thebeach and stage so we could be at our room in the evening forgoing the parties. I asked for this room with cold response , I talked to others who were unhappy with room and nothing was done. I guess I should have been more firm and direct, basically it was a waste of 20 dollars for a cab ride which by the way is tooo much. The cab from the hotel is only 5 to airport. There is a taxi union and they are not allowed to ask for more so look into this if you plan on taking cabs.
We did take a snorkelling tour to los arcos and enjoyed that .S hopping in town is fun even the bus rides are great they come every 2 minutes. We also got pedicures and manicures at London salon right around the Hotel and only paid $40 for both of us , plus tip of course.
I like PV and while I would return, I would not stay at Canto del sol or refer it to anyone.
They were not welcoming at anytime, did not inform us of any of the activities for my 12 yr old or myself , food bad, hard beds(really hard) Service (other than maid and a few waiters)poor. Adios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta