My wife and I just returned from Puerta Vallarta, Mexico and stayed at Canto Del Sol.
The reviews are close, but this is my opinion. I did change rooms after the first night, the adjoining room was loud and we could here everything in the next room. The 2nd room was much better. The pool is great and the service is even better. We are in are late 40s early 50s, and yes some of the crowd is young and like to party, yet so do we. They did not bother us, just move to a different part of the pool area if the noise is offending. They actually made us laugh, along with many others around the pool, you have to remember they are on vacation also.
The time share people tried to get me to buy in, yet I have been thru this before, but on this vacation I wasn’t in the mood for the pitch. I let them know it and had no issues with them. I did talk to a couple that did listen to the pitch and they had to get rude with them to get out of the meeting (Do you not understand the word NO) then they were at the pool sipping a cool drink.
You can walk a long way on the beach each day for enjoyment, as for the vendor’s just say NO, and they leave you alone. The ocean was red flagged everyday, yet we had fun trying to survive the waves. The shows at night are fun, this is not Vegas, but it is entertaining. The activity guys are the best! They are very funny and keep the party moving all day and night. The food is good. Breakfast is very good, made to order omelets, fruit, pancakes, eggs, etc.
The beds are hard, yet different from home, so we adjusted. We bring daily gifts for the maids and have fun with that.
I would recommend this place, dollar to peso, any day of the week. Very relaxing and the location is the best. Take a cab to the marina and downtown or you can walk to downtown (30 Minutes). Do not get the online transportation from the airport; grab a cab, $6.00 American with tip.
This place is very clean and the service is the best. The accommodations are a bit dated, yet, I spoke to many people that have been to PV many times at different places, and they would come back to Canto del Sol.
We talked to some people that found an English speaking cab driver and gave him $20 American for 1 hour. We called him (he speaks English) and met him across the street from Canto del Sol and he took us wherever we wanted to go. We suggested the jungle and a true Mexican living environment. We had a blast, were very shocked and pleased that we were able to see the true Mexico where excursions will not enter. A city tour seemed boring to us, so didn’t do it and very happy we chose this cab ride instead. We shared the cab with another couple we met at our resort.
I did tip and felt good about doing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta