I was hesitant to travel to P.V. due to a past unpleasant visit (NOT at Canto del Sol)...and I have to say I wish I had gone back much sooner!
The hotel is VERY comfortable and VERY clean. The room was just fine, comfy beds, clean linens every day (towels changed even twice/day if needed). I had heard many complaints about the construction noise...and chose not to let that get in the way of the experience (didn't spend time in my room except to sleep). What upset me far more were the partiers who had no concern for others when returning from their jaunts in the middle of the night (3am)...and continued their party in their room!
The food was good - ample to choose from, always available whether in the main eating area, the pool shack or room service (no charge for that beauty!).
The staff: I wish I could bottle up some of their constant willingness to accomodate your every need - always with a contagious smile! Jorge, Fernando, Carmen, Joshue, Miguel, Martin, Ramirez, Luis...you are gems and thank you:)
The beach and the pool: I enjoyed both, preferred the beach simply because the pool was occupied by too many whose main goal was to get completely sloshed and stupid! Fortunately, the ever-eager staff did their very best to clean up the messes and point out some basic rules of conduct in a family-friendly resort. The beach was quieter and I enjoyed meeting the vendors (Ernesto, Jose', Rosa and Pas among many) and had wonderful chats with people from all over!
I really enjoyed my two week vacation, and I attribute most of it to the friendly people I've met as well as a comfortable, safe, clean hotel to call home while there.
I wouldn't think twice about returning. I can't choose whose vacationing there at the same time, however all that's important to me when choosing a destination hotel, Canto del Sol has in abbundance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta