“Great neighborhood atmosphere - wonderful stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
Seattle, Washington
“Great neighborhood atmosphere - wonderful stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

This was my first time at Villa David and I will certainly stay there on my next trip to PV. I enjoyed being up in 'the hills' versus right on the beach with all the tourists and vendors and yet it was a short walk to get there when I did want head to the beach. Quiet, cobble stone street and great staff. Can't say enough about how I enjoyed it there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ryan C

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I have been to Puerto Vallarta several times, but this was my first time at Villa David. I just loved the place, the room, the pool, hot tub, full breakfast each morning and the very delightful accommodating staff. Love the view of the bay from the roof top balcony. Bill and David have done a great job in establishing a wonderful b & b in the heart of Centro. The steps up the hill are indeed exercising but for those who don't want to, a $4.50 cab ride works. The villa is very close to some of PV's best restaurants and also very close to the great night life. If you are looking for a perfect place to stay in Puerto Vallarta, check out this Villa

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jim S
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have stayed at Villa David the last four years for a two or three week stay. The location is central, three blocks up the mountain with a view of the whole bay and mountains around it. It is located in an old neighbor hood which is interesting to be among the locals. The rooms are all very nice. My favorite regular rooms are #5 and #6. But if you can afford the little extra one of the two suites are really special with awesome views. You can leave the windows open day and night. The owner Bill fixes a delicious cooked breakfast each day with fresh fruit, home made breads, egg dish, meat, potatoes or pancakes. You eat from 8am to 10am on fiesta ware, table cloths in open air dining room or out on the terrace. Everything is very private and of course clothing optional which I love about a resort. You must be ok with up and down three blocks of stairs each time you go down to the bay. Gay beach is about a 20 minute walk away. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Roberto's for gellatto afterwards while walking along the bay watching the sunsets.

Room Tip: Regular room #6 or #5. Suite #1 is favorite but #2 is also good.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lg60
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We have stayed here maybe six times in the last few years. We like the easygoing atmosphere, the warmth of Bill, Adalberto and the staff, great breakfasts, lovely pool and hot tub, and the ambiance in general. And we like the great eclectic neighborhood: local atmosphere, not just isolated in a resort somewhere. A short 4-block walk to the Malecon and there is plenty to see, do and shop. (And yes sometimes we've taken a taxi back up the hill for 40 pesos = $5!). We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Seattle_D_and_T
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Where to begin! Upon arrival we were greeted by Adalberto, the house boy, masseuse, and pretty much expert of all things Vallarta. After first being met by a beautiful, pristine blue pool, all one had to do was look up to see the beautiful grapevines and local fauna trailing throughout the courtyard, While Adalberto made sure our luggage was taken care of, he showed us throughout the villa, which I must say, was stunning. The views of Banderas Bay and the local cathedral were more than we could have imagined and the decor remained true to Spanish Riviera style. We felt as though we were in a quaint Spanish town, surrounded by local culture and food, which I dare say, can be hard to come by in such tourist towns as Cancun and Cozumel. I must also mention William and Adrian, who made sure our rooms were always fresh and the villa spotless. They even laundered and folded our clothes! And as for Bill, well, you will just have to meet him for yourself. I dare say they broke the mold when they made him. (I love you Bill!) Cobblestone streets, beautiful old buildings, amazing culture, food to die for, and a location full of history and charm. Did I mention that this is all located within a 10-15 minute walk of the beach, gay bars, and wonderful restaurants? We would highly recommend Villa David for any gay couple or single gay man. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but we are particularly fond of room 1.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brent R
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My last of seven or eight stays at Villa David was this past April. Bill the owner, was very accommodating as always, making it a very enjoyable and relaxed visit. I normally only have a
a week vacation once or twice a year, therefor it is important to stay at the best. Villa David has it all, can't say enough for the B&B and looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank southpacific3
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Like other reviewers here, I found Villa David to be beautiful, serene and well maintained. The owner, Bill, and his staff do a great job of making guests feel welcome and well cared for. Yes, the breakfasts are great, and there are a number of good restaurants nearby as well. I also liked staying in a more residential neighborhood than the Zona Romantica - a relatively short walk away - so I felt like I was having a more authentic local experience. This is a unique property in Vallarta and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo