“Elegance in the heart of Old Vallarta”
Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Everything about Villa David works together to make your stay on Mexico an excellent experience. The rooms and common areas are spotless and well kept. The staff is helpful but unobtrusive. You feel right at home in the genuine exotic surroundings. Breakfast every morning is delicious, ample, and a great occasion to meet the other guests.
The location is perfect, being a short walk from the center of the Old Town. Evenings on the Malecon are just like strolling down the Ramblas in Barcelona with vendors, artists, and entertainers. During the day, you're just blocks away from the central marketplace or the more elegant shopping on the main thoroughfare. And it's easy to get to the gay beach about 1/2 mile away.
Puerto Vallarta is perfectly safe, and Villa David makes you feel even more comfortable by providing a (hilariously written) manual that gives seriously good advice.
Villa David is a great choice for a Mexican vacation away from the big boring resorts.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Norman B

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just came back from our trip to Puerto Vallarta and have to say that the stay at Villa David made it really special.We expected a great place from what I had read here and what we had been told by our friends and we absolutely loved it.
Everything was great: from the host, look of the room and the view from it ,beautiful decks,common areas,swimming pool,great breakfasts,location. Loved the sounds of the neighborhood, made me feel like a part of it.
Can't wait to go back.
Thank you Bill.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Zoran K
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I recently stayed at Villa David. The location was great - a short walk to the beach and an opportunity to visit other local places within walking distance. The hosts were very friendly, the place was clean, and the guests were wonderful to be with during my visit. Also, I had an excellent massage at Villa David. I highly recommend Villa David to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank World T
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I reviewed Villa David years ago on one of my first visits. I have just returned from, I'm guessing, my tenth time staying there. The end of January and beginning of February I find to be a most excellent time of year for Puerto Vallarta. I would never think of any other place but Villa David for my stay. Clean beyond reproach, warm friendly atmosphere, and a complete breakfast service. Every amenity a man can think of has been a part of Villa David for years. The owners/hosts are exceptional and make every effort to make your stay a memorable experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bob k
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This was my first time at Villa David and I will certainly stay there on my next trip to PV. I enjoyed being up in 'the hills' versus right on the beach with all the tourists and vendors and yet it was a short walk to get there when I did want head to the beach. Quiet, cobble stone street and great staff. Can't say enough about how I enjoyed it there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have been to Puerto Vallarta several times, but this was my first time at Villa David. I just loved the place, the room, the pool, hot tub, full breakfast each morning and the very delightful accommodating staff. Love the view of the bay from the roof top balcony. Bill and David have done a great job in establishing a wonderful b & b in the heart of Centro. The steps up the hill are indeed exercising but for those who don't want to, a $4.50 cab ride works. The villa is very close to some of PV's best restaurants and also very close to the great night life. If you are looking for a perfect place to stay in Puerto Vallarta, check out this Villa

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have stayed at Villa David the last four years for a two or three week stay. The location is central, three blocks up the mountain with a view of the whole bay and mountains around it. It is located in an old neighbor hood which is interesting to be among the locals. The rooms are all very nice. My favorite regular rooms are #5 and #6. But if you can afford the little extra one of the two suites are really special with awesome views. You can leave the windows open day and night. The owner Bill fixes a delicious cooked breakfast each day with fresh fruit, home made breads, egg dish, meat, potatoes or pancakes. You eat from 8am to 10am on fiesta ware, table cloths in open air dining room or out on the terrace. Everything is very private and of course clothing optional which I love about a resort. You must be ok with up and down three blocks of stairs each time you go down to the bay. Gay beach is about a 20 minute walk away. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Roberto's for gellatto afterwards while walking along the bay watching the sunsets.

Room Tip: Regular room #6 or #5. Suite #1 is favorite but #2 is also good.