“Best vacation ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
Vancouver, Canada
“Best vacation ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have been a travel professional for over 25 years and I travelled alone to Villa David. As usual even on vacation I could not leave my work hat at home !

The booking process was simple and Bill was great on the phone

I stayed in room #10.....I knew it was one of the lower priced rooms and was a little concerned what that would mean.

There was absolutely no worry, the room was FANTASTIC. The space was large, super clean and completely up to date. I loved the big bathroom and oversized shower

The breakfast was marvelous and prepared carefully each morning with care by my hosts. Fresh fruit, baked goods and cooked foods as well. Accompanied by fresh, limitless coffee and juices

The location above the cathedral is quiet when you need it to be but within an easy walk to town, even with the stairs it is a comfortable stroll

David and Bill are amazing ! This business is obviously a labour or love and they made me feel completely at home straight away. Nothing is too much and the common area spaces are immaculate and my WIFI worked everywhere

I cannot recommend Villa David enough and I left knowing I would be visiting there again soon

Room Tip: Rooms 7,8,9 and 10 are on the lower levels. They are a little less expensive but are a great choice...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Curtis R

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Decatur, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

This was the second time we've vacationed at Villa David and could not have been happier!! Bill and his staff are warm and accommodating. The facility is older but very well maintained. Even more amenities since the last time we visited including fridges and safes in the room as well as a new hot tub. Will most certainly be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms one and two seem to be the largest and have the very best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Michael D
Windham, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Everything about Villa David works together to make your stay on Mexico an excellent experience. The rooms and common areas are spotless and well kept. The staff is helpful but unobtrusive. You feel right at home in the genuine exotic surroundings. Breakfast every morning is delicious, ample, and a great occasion to meet the other guests.
The location is perfect, being a short walk from the center of the Old Town. Evenings on the Malecon are just like strolling down the Ramblas in Barcelona with vendors, artists, and entertainers. During the day, you're just blocks away from the central marketplace or the more elegant shopping on the main thoroughfare. And it's easy to get to the gay beach about 1/2 mile away.
Puerto Vallarta is perfectly safe, and Villa David makes you feel even more comfortable by providing a (hilariously written) manual that gives seriously good advice.
Villa David is a great choice for a Mexican vacation away from the big boring resorts.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Norman B
Amherstburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Just came back from our trip to Puerto Vallarta and have to say that the stay at Villa David made it really special.We expected a great place from what I had read here and what we had been told by our friends and we absolutely loved it.
Everything was great: from the host, look of the room and the view from it ,beautiful decks,common areas,swimming pool,great breakfasts,location. Loved the sounds of the neighborhood, made me feel like a part of it.
Can't wait to go back.
Thank you Bill.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Zoran K
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I recently stayed at Villa David. The location was great - a short walk to the beach and an opportunity to visit other local places within walking distance. The hosts were very friendly, the place was clean, and the guests were wonderful to be with during my visit. Also, I had an excellent massage at Villa David. I highly recommend Villa David to others.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank World T
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I reviewed Villa David years ago on one of my first visits. I have just returned from, I'm guessing, my tenth time staying there. The end of January and beginning of February I find to be a most excellent time of year for Puerto Vallarta. I would never think of any other place but Villa David for my stay. Clean beyond reproach, warm friendly atmosphere, and a complete breakfast service. Every amenity a man can think of has been a part of Villa David for years. The owners/hosts are exceptional and make every effort to make your stay a memorable experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bob k
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

This was my first time at Villa David and I will certainly stay there on my next trip to PV. I enjoyed being up in 'the hills' versus right on the beach with all the tourists and vendors and yet it was a short walk to get there when I did want head to the beach. Quiet, cobble stone street and great staff. Can't say enough about how I enjoyed it there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends