“French Dinning”

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
Ranked #42 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I wanted to send a special thank you to Chef Fernando T. Tomasini for outstanding customer service. It is hard to go to an all inclusive with a food allergy and Chef Fernando Made sure my experience was excellent! I would recommend the French restaurant to any of our friends. The service at the lobby bar was amazing. Everyone named Felipe and Manuel should get a raise for their extraordinary customer service. The sushi bar was fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,924)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I read numerous reviews on this hotel before confirming our reservation. I am a 1M mile flier and Hilton Gold. This resort provided my wife and I every courtesy from check-in, to ordering drinks, dinner reservations, arranging excursions, etc. The main pool is new and was refreshing. The rooftop pool and service was outstanding. The location and view from our balcony could not have been better! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering going to Puerto Vallarta!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank 103scottd
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our recent stay at the Hilton in Puerto Vallarta was one of the best vacations we have ever had. The room was clean and comfortable and offered a great view of the bay. The staff were some of the nicest people I have ever met. The food was excellent and in particular I would like to mention the fellows on the 5th floor at the Adult lounge. Chef Jose Israell took great pride in his work in creating extremely tasty sushi dishes, partnered with the great service from Carlos Garcia and the spectacular view of the ocean I don't think I could have asked for anything better.
Randy & Mary-Lou.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for a week, all inclusive

The great - the lobby bar staff, Manuel was exceptional. First-class class service. Also Ivan Leon working in the buffet needs to be your waiter. Very attentive.

I wasn't impressed by the food quality as it wasn't as consistent as it could have been but what can you expect from a resort.

The evening events they host are fun and the staff that run them have a lot of great energy

Rooms were clean and overall it was a nice stay...:)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Brett C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a great and relaxing time. The concierge Lizette González and her partner Laura, were of great help when it came to help me preparing a birthday surprise for my husband. Waitress and waitresses were nice and helpful at all times, Nelly was one of them among many others who helped make our stay a fantastic time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hilton PVR May 10-17th, and we had an amazing trip. The hotel was beautiful and we were even upgraded to an ocean front junior suite which had breathtaking views of Banderas Bay. Nicolas constantly hustled from the time his shift started to the late evening. He always had an upbeat personality and my wife and I never had an empty glass. Carlo and Andres were very helpful in assisting us with our luggage. They even took us around to several rooms to ensure that we were satisfied. Jorge (General Mgr.) was very nice in sending us a bottle of sparkling wine and congratulating us on our wedding anniversary. Overall, the service was second to none. The only thing I would suggest is improving the food options. The restaurants were okay, but the buffet seemed like the food was sitting out, and sometimes we questioned the freshness.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall, it's a very nice and modern resort. The hotel is relatively new, and the modern decor and facilities reflect it. The air conditioning throughout the resort, rooms, and gym is fantastic. The rooftop bar and pool is also a nice perk, although it closes early around 10pm.

The food is very average for an all-inclusive resort. If you stayed at nice resorts in the Caribbean (even a Sandals), you'll likely be disappointed. However, the breakfast and lunch spreads were substantial and actually quite good. The options for dinner were really lacking. There are only 3 options, and the French restaurant was fair at best.

If you have to stay in Puerto Vallerta, the Hilton is a great option for the price.

Room Tip: The junior suites with balcony are very nice.