“Made vacation easy!”

Ranked #36 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Francisco, California
“Made vacation easy!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was wonderful. Very clean, comfortable rooms, gorgeous pool, and friendly staff. The food left a little to be desired, but for "free" food, it was OK. The staff was very attentive. Only complaint was that when I asked for a recommendation for lunch in downtown, the concierge said "Bubba Gump's"- definitely not the authentic PV experience I was looking for!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Polish first
Austin, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am very happy and pleased with my experience at the Hilton PV. The hotel is smaller than most resorts so the atmosphere was more intimate. Perfect location...10 min away from the airport and 10 minutes from downtown! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Resort also sits very close to the beach. The food could have been a little better since it was a smaller resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Mia L
San Diego
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is small (resort is a little misleading) but still relaxing!! The pools, gym and sushi restaurant were all refreshing & perfect! The view from my room was still amazing regardless of it being partial ocean view. I love this place for the 3 staff members who made my stay amazing: Daniella, Vicente & Israel!! I've never been to Puerto Vallarta before and they managed to help me navigate my way through the town and recommended places that I would enjoy! Hilton don't ever let go of these 3 because without them I would never think twice about returning!! This hotel is close enough to both the airport & the downtown area which made my stay less stressful! Less stressful=Great Vacation!! Thank you!!!

1 Thank akitson11
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just arrived back to the States where we stayed at the Hilton PV for a week for our anniversary. Still gathering my overall feelings of the resort while writing this review. Let's start with the arrival:

When we first arrived, we were delighted to be greeted with frozen margaritas and a sheek, sophisticated lobby. Unfortunately as we were checking in, the front desk girl asked my husband "Oh. Are you checking in too?" We thought this was weird and found out that for some strange reason, the resort had only 1 guest staying in the room, not 2. They then argued that I needed to pay $30(USD)/extra a night for his stay. So, right off the bat- after international fees, I shelled out an additional $250 ontop of the $1380 I already paid prior to the trip. Awesome.

Our room for the most part was organized. Room service was really good about coming by daily, although they had to be reminded to re-stock our fridge. We had a room in the "old," building which had only shower, no bath, and partial-ocean view.

One of the most disappointing parts of the trip was the food. We ate at the French restaurant once, Mexican twice, Brazilian once, and the Seafire way too many times. I was really bummed out with the selection and of course, no "authentic Mex," anywhere at the resort. Not to mention, the Brazilian had tiny little bugs swarming all over the plates at the dessert station. Seriously gross.
I will complement the sweet potato purée chocolate dessert from the Mexican restaurant though- that was the BOMB.

For most of the trip, we strayed away from the beach. As many people said, the beach was swarming in people trying to sell you stuff- it made it unbearable to lay out in peace. Why is this area not private? I mean you are a Hilton after all.

We did find pleasure in using the rooftop pool nearly 3 times a day. Usually no one was up there & we received great service from the bartenders who kept our drinks full at all times. I highly recommend this area for visitors.

For our anniversary, I asked if I could upgrade to a suite for our last night. This was a $100 extra, which was a little steep for a vacant hotel but I did it anyways. I was very pleased with the new room in the "newer," building. It had an incredible view, lots of space, and more bathroom room. The whirlpool spa was also a nice addition with a longer balcony.

I did want to go back and touch on the service, which I was really pleased with. The rooftop bartenders (Martha was one..), the night time bartender in the lobby, and Soledad from information were all phenomenal.

Our best experience was actually outside of the resort where we had dinner at Cafe des Artistes and Pipi's. They are a must try.

Overall, the service was great but the food is really where this resort lost it for me. Since food is a huge part of what you're paying for, you expect it to be at least adequate quality.
I would recommend staying at the Icon next door and going into town for meals. You'll get more for you $$$$

2 Thank lindsniewski
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second go at all-inclusive and we were a little nervous about it after our experience in Costa Rica (horrible). But being that this Hilton was newly built and right on the beach we decided to give it a chance.

Perhaps our expectations were severely lowered after the CR trip, but we were more than pleasantly surprised by everything here. The staff was great, the food wasn't five stars but at an all-inclusive who expects it to be?, and the hot tub on our private rooftop terrace? Pure bliss! (We filled it with cold water most of the time).

The adults only bar with the infinity pool on the roof of our building was great. Didn't try the sushi there, but many people did.

The drinks were good - we drank mostly Ketel One cocktails, as the wine was generally served warmer than I prefer. I also had the requisite frozen Miami Vice (strawberry daiquiri mixed with piña colada) and it was much better and smoother when ordered at dinner than from the lobby bar where it comes from a machine.

The on-site restaurants were ok. Again, not great, but not bad either. We did the French and Mexican twice each and once at the Brazilian. I wasn't too impressed with the Brazilian, but I didn't expect to be given my history with authentic Brazilian food.

The beach was ok. We actually only went twice and it was no problem finding a lounge chair or a server willing to deliver cocktails to the chair. But the water was kinda dirty and not a place I wanted to swim.

For all of the OK parts of the resort the room made up for them. It was great. The a/c worked like a charm and that was so very necessary given how freaking hot and humid it was in PV. It was also very clean.

According to the Hilton staff, tips are included in the room rate, but I imagine the amounts they actually pass on to the workers is really low, so we were happy to have pesos to tip those who took care of us.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LyndsayK
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at this resort in May with a large group for business/pleasure. The hotel is very nice and the setting is gorgeous. They did not seem adequately prepared for a group of our size (about 200). They ran out of bottled water. There is one bar in the hotel that closes at 10 -- the other option was the lobby bar. There was not enough staff to adequately provide the service that is expected at an all-inclusive resort. Although the staff that was there was very nice and helpful. There were several days we did not even receive fresh towels in our room. The food left a lot to be desired both in quality and selection. Only one of the restaurants is open nightly--the buffet. As a result, we ended up going to local restaurants in town a few mights of our stay which defeats the purpose of going all-inclusive. If you are looking for a well-priced family resort, then this could be a great option. However, we will not likely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 6/5/14 to 6/12/14 and really liked this place. I spent hours reading reviews and was actually wondering what we were getting into before we arrived. I'm not one that needs to be pampered when traveling, but the staff here was GREAT!! There were to many great staff members to mention them all though there are a couple I feel really deserve kudos. 1st is OFelia, she was the sweet lady who would greet us at the breakfast buffet every morning and make us our omelets. Her great attitude and sweet smile not to mention great omelets was all that was needed to start the day off on the right foot. The front desk staff and bellmen were always there willing to help.
What I don't understand is all the negative reviews of the restaurants. The Seafire buffet was extremely good for a buffet. Lots of good choices at every meal and a very good wait staff. The Mexican restaurant was very good, once again with excellent staff. The Brazilian was also very good served outside near the beach. Once again, the staff was very good even with the adverse conditions as it started raining at the beginning of our meal. The staff moved us to a covered area and all was good. The French restaurant was very good. The staff there made us feel as if we were the only persons there. They really made my wife feel special.
Our room on arrival was a little musty smelling. I can only assume that it may have been closed up for a few days before our arrival. After a couple days, the smell wasn't noticeable anymore. Our room was cleaned daily to a level
that was second to none. We were in room 536 which gave us a balcony view of both the beach and the mountains behind town. The pool and grounds were kept spotless. There was always staff cleaning yet never in the way. It has been nearly 30 years since we were last in P.V. After our stay here, we will be back much sooner and we will stay here again.

2 Thank Michael C
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Attn. Michael C.
I want to thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and for sharing with us your opinion on the quality of our food and restaurants.
We thank you specially for your excellent comments for our service staff, they will be reading every mention for them, they are very happy to know they are doing a big effort to make all our guests happy and satisfied.

We invite you to consider staying with us on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially

Hotel Casa Dona Susana
Hotel Casa Dona Susana
#22 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great Moments All Inclusive
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Great...
#23 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Krystal Puerto Vallarta
Krystal Puerto Vallarta
#57 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto ...
#29 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#1 of 3 in Flamingos

Been to Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort? Share your experiences!