“Pros and Cons”

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
Ranked #40 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I think this Hilton is just trying to figure out the all-inclusive product, at the cost of some typical Hilton expectations. We almost always stay at a Hilton, and after staying in Cabo it seemed like a great idea for an all-inclusive.
There were pros and cons like anywhere, but the main thing to me was service and general cleanliness that lacked. First let me say the servers in the restaurants could not have been more attentive and very friendly. I cannot say the same for the concierge.or the front desk, it seemed liked you were bothering them and since you had to go to them for restaurant reservations that was a bit annoying.
As far as the rooms they were very nice, I am not sure what the new and old buildings are as they all appeared new. We had a nice hot tub on the patio the we filled with cold water and was very relaxing. The housekeeping could have been better, the floors looked like they could have been scrubbed more,and as others had stated the towel situation was funny, but we just called if we needed more.
The pools were nice except the one where most of the children went was a bit green, I really think they should only allow the kids in that pool and leave the other clean for adults. That said, yes there is an adult only lap pool upstairs, but no chairs to really lay around on.
The food I thought was very good, and plenty of choices available. We ate at the Mexican and the French, and found them both very good. The room service food was included, but they still had a room service fee of $7 that I think was not needed as this was an all-inclusive and that is part a lot of people enjoy, especially for breakfast or late night snack.
I guess overall I would say it is a good option if you want to use some Hilton points. I would suggest getting the best room you can, and on a higher floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susieqaz
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Attn. Susieqaz
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your opinion about your recent stay with us.
Please be sure that your comments are very important and this will be used to improve the attitude of our service staff, as our main purpose is to provide the best attentive service.

For your information I'm taking immediate actions in our swiming pools to keep it cleaned at all times including the periods when we have more children using it.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Jorge Villarejo.
General manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend, Thursday through Sunday at the end of June. We booked the trip through an inexpensive deal with funjet, so to be honest I went because of the price and was aware of some of the negative reviews. I think it should be made clear that the older part of the hotel is like staying in another hotel because it was bought by the hilton and the rooms are absolutely sub par to the newer part of the hotel. We paid 40 a night for an 'upgrade" to an oceanview but it was still in the older part of the hotel but much nicer than the first "resort view" room that we saw. I was also dissapointed in the beach, not a reflection of the hotel but the water was quite brownish.
The good
* Lobby area is pretty nice and welcoming
* Concierge and activities staff was awesome
*Close to airport and downtown
The Bad
* Food was below average, even for an all inclusive. The main buffet always had flies swarming over the food. The hotel needs to put covers over everything and keep the door closed. Mexican speciallty was horrible, French was pretty good. Sushi was a joke.
*Waitstaff and front desk staff overall were much less than friendly.
*Hotel was hosting a conference for Merck Pharmaceuticals and treated all other guests like less of a priority. Even closed the main buffet one night for the company.
*Rooms in older tower not very nice, bathroom had a door infront of the toilet that if I closed it, hit my knees (I'm 5'6") It is true that they are very stingy with towels and take a long time to bring you anything.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the newer tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chrytic
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was a pleasant stay. I really want to call out my server Jorge (Jorgito). One afternoon my behavior was less than lady like after a few drinks. He made sure my sister and friend had all the help they needed to get me to my room. I wasn't able to thank him. He was a true angel.
Food is pretty good, I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
The beach isn't as great as seen in the pictures. Its a little dirty and the sand is a little rocky. Go further south for better part of the beaches.
Enjoyed my stay. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the side with the fitness facilities have better views. Bring air freshner...the rooms tend...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alejandra M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Staying in Hiltons often, we expected a high level of service. Being at a Hilton in Mexico, I knew we would receive excellent service. All employees were helpful and informative. In particular, Lourdes (Lulu) from the Adventure Kids Club did an incredible job with our kids. As we are an English only speaking family, the staff were incredibly accommodating and understanding. I witnessed a few times where the staff were not treated very well, but they responded professionally and respectfully. The front desk staff was more than helpful with any and all requests. From towels to taxis or room requests to restaurant reservations, the staff was more than ready to handle all requests. In particular, Paola at the front desk, made every effort to make sure my family was taken care of. Going above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Thank you to all of the Hilton Puerto Vallarta staff for making our vacation all we'd hoped for. We cant wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Walls are pretty thin. We heard everything our young and loud neighbors were doing and we stayed in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy R
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Attn. Randy R.
I want to thank you for shring you opinion on our service of your recent stay with us.
Our main purpose is to provide the best possible service to all our guests

We really appreciate your excellent comments for our service Staff specially for the ones
mentioned . please be sure that I'm sharing this with our Team Members.

We look forward for your future travel plans, it will be an honour to be your host once again.

Corcially,

General Manger

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our 10 year anniversary, even with a packed hotel (staffed claimed +90% occupancy) the experience was great, staff kept a great attitude.

Our room was a Jr. Suite, it was very nice and spacious, it was a nice surprise to find a very spacious bathroom for a change.

Restaurants are overall good, waiters great, but the food sometimes repetitive at the buffet.

Room cleanliness great!

One member staff really stood out, Mauricio Sides, Bellboy's Captain, he was always quick to help out and very friendly

Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: do try and get the Jr. Suite or Suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos C

Attn. Carlos;
First of all I want to thank you for selecting our hotel to celebrate your 10th aniversary.

I also want to thank you for taking your time to write you excellent comments on our service
please be sure that I'm sharing your opinion with all my service staff.

We invite you to consider our hotel for your next visit and aniversaries.

Cordially,

General manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This rather small- cosy hotel offers the perfect combination between comfort and service. Located 10 min (taxi ride) away from the city's Downtown area, it offers spectacular views of the Bay. It's facilities are brand new.
The All Inclusive concept met our expectations.
Since tips and fees are included the service of some of the staff members could sometimes be kinder. Nevertheless I would like to point out the amazing experience provided by some of them:
Jorge, who took care of our every need during our long stay on the beach, and the Photographer Fernanda. We certainly appreciate the great service and valuable advice from Noel in the cafeteria on the 2nd floor.
Don't miss the French Restaurant, great gourmet cuisine, also included in your plan. Don't forget to book for your favorite restaurant in advance since they only take reservations on the very same morning of the day you plan to dine there .
We would definitely come back and recommend this Resort.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Attn. Phil-2652
First I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review and for sharing your opinion on our service and Staff.
Your comments are very important to us and please be sure that I'm sharing this with our service staff, especially those you have mentioned for providing an amazing service to you.

Please consider staying with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta, We'll be more than happy to be your host hotel.

General manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

In spite of the fact that this resort is less than two years old, it appeared run down and not well taken care of. We had a leak in our room that we called about 4 times and each time we were told it was corrected. They finally moved us to another room which was not ready for check in. We were consistently shorted washcloths and hand towels. Had to ask for an ironing board which was broken when we received one. The ceiling fan in our 2nd room could not be adjusted.

All that said the service was exceptional. All employees were friendly and helpful. They made the experience one with fond memories and need to be commended.

Room Tip: The Mexican restaurant was the best. Food was excellent. We didn't care for the French restaur...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Attn. ChattCarla
I want to thank you for taking your time to write your opinion on our service and installations.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for not offering you the level of service as per our Hilton standards.
I assure you that immediate actions are taken base on your comments in order to improve everything you have mentioned in your review.

We thank you for the good comments on the service provided by our service staff
please be sure that I'm sharing this with my Team members, this will motivate them.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your future vitis to Puerto Vallarta.

General Manger