“Vacation July 2014”

Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Like most all inclusive resorts, there are pros and some cons. Overall the service was amazing, if you go to the pool have Jorge wait your, he was simple amazing!! The restaurants were good not great, but they are working on that. The chef came up to us and asked how our meals were, the manager of the property Hector was great was always making sure our stay was good and looking for suggestions to make it even better. For the price I will definitely go back again. We had a ocean view room with a jetted tub on our balcony which was great, rooms were very nice and the cleaning staff was awesome. The pool was a little on the warm side, but that is out of their control. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway I would definitely recommend giving them a try.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Attn. Jeff
First of all I want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta.
Also we thank you for taking your time to share your opinion on our hotel and service staff.

Please be sure that I'm sharing your comments with Jorge, Hector and our Chef.
They will be very happy to know that their work is helping us to make our guet's enjoy
their vacation in our resort.

We look forward to be your host hotel in your next visit to our beautiful city.

Cordially

Jorge Villarejo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,923)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were unpleasantly surprised by the Hilton Puerto Vallarta. We have stayed at Hilton's numerous times before and were expecting the same standards. We read the prior reviews and have done all-inclusive before so we thought we were prepared. However, we would not be recommending the hotel after our recent stay. Here's our thoughts about our stay: Both the adult and main pools had an amazing view of the ocean. The pool water was refreshing and clean after being in the sun. We enjoyed the chairs on the deck before the beach to avoid the sand. The sand on the beach was coarse and not raked in front of the hotel. The accessibility to the ocean and beach was awesome with a beautiful view. The pool area was the nicest part of the entire hotel. Pool service was superb. The pool servers were very friendly and constantly came by to ask if we needed anything. They also went out of their way to get items from the main bar if the pool bar didn't have it. The front desk and the concierge service was not friendly and felt as if they were constantly annoyed by us asking questions. Our reservation had complimentary in-room Wifi. However, the front desk seemed very irritated that we brought a print out of our reservation and that wanted them to honor the free service. We were told we had to go to the front desk every day to get a new password. Every time we asked for a new password, the front desk attendant had no idea what we were talking about even after they copied the print out of our reservation and said they made a note in the room file. The front desk pushed back every day about the free Wifi. The concierge only seemed to know restaurants and areas that they were contracted to refer guests to. We asked if there was a Hard Rock Cafe and the concierge confirmed yes and referred us to the bell man who called the cab service. We ended up in a cab that took us to the Hard Rock Hotel in another city/state and the Hard Rock Hotel told us the Cafe was closed a while back. The all-inclusive food was not good. Since the hotel was all-inclusive, mostly buffet style with a few restaurants, which was expected. However, most of the prepared food sat out in the heat (even in the dining rooms with little air conditioning) and was questionable as to whether it was safe to eat without getting sick. There was little authentic Mexican food which seemed odd..The cuisine was mostly "international" throughout the hotel. They should stick to food Mexico is known for is what we thought. In order to eat at the restaurants, reservations had to be made the morning before. They made the restaurants sound busy each night, but the restaurants were always empty with maybe three tables when we dined. The hotel was modern but seemed dirty since most of the hotel is white. The white walls and floors showed a lot of wear and dirt. The elevators were either broken or very small, dirty and hot. The rooms were updated and spacious for the standard room. The shower had a swinging door that did not seal the water in so we ended up with a soaked shower mat and an heaping puddle of water after each shower. The beds were not soft and rather uncomfortable. There was television and many channels and some English channels as well. However, the television overheated if left on and would not shut off. The maids missed cleaning our room and we had to request our room be cleaned. We also had to ask for more towels than two each day. Overall, I would not recommend the all-inclusive or the hotel. We ended up eating in the city instead the last days of our stay. If you have points, it would be a great option for the pool, access to the beach and stunning view. Otherwise, we would pass.

Room Tip: Higher rooms with ocean view.
2  Thank Jacquie C
Hector G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Jacquie C.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy.
We are taking actions to improve our concierge and front desk customer service, also we are training our maid staff to ensure our guests are supplied with the amenities they need on their rooms.
Thank you for your comments of the condition of our property and the service of our restaurants ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.
I hope to see you once more in our beautiful property and in the meanwhile, please feel free to reach me at hector.guerrerohernandez@hilton.com if you wish to share further comments or if you need any additional assistant.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I think this Hilton is just trying to figure out the all-inclusive product, at the cost of some typical Hilton expectations. We almost always stay at a Hilton, and after staying in Cabo it seemed like a great idea for an all-inclusive.
There were pros and cons like anywhere, but the main thing to me was service and general cleanliness that lacked. First let me say the servers in the restaurants could not have been more attentive and very friendly. I cannot say the same for the concierge.or the front desk, it seemed liked you were bothering them and since you had to go to them for restaurant reservations that was a bit annoying.
As far as the rooms they were very nice, I am not sure what the new and old buildings are as they all appeared new. We had a nice hot tub on the patio the we filled with cold water and was very relaxing. The housekeeping could have been better, the floors looked like they could have been scrubbed more,and as others had stated the towel situation was funny, but we just called if we needed more.
The pools were nice except the one where most of the children went was a bit green, I really think they should only allow the kids in that pool and leave the other clean for adults. That said, yes there is an adult only lap pool upstairs, but no chairs to really lay around on.
The food I thought was very good, and plenty of choices available. We ate at the Mexican and the French, and found them both very good. The room service food was included, but they still had a room service fee of $7 that I think was not needed as this was an all-inclusive and that is part a lot of people enjoy, especially for breakfast or late night snack.
I guess overall I would say it is a good option if you want to use some Hilton points. I would suggest getting the best room you can, and on a higher floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susieqaz

Attn. Susieqaz
I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your opinion about your recent stay with us.
Please be sure that your comments are very important and this will be used to improve the attitude of our service staff, as our main purpose is to provide the best attentive service.

For your information I'm taking immediate actions in our swiming pools to keep it cleaned at all times including the periods when we have more children using it.

We invite you to consider staying with us in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially

Jorge Villarejo.
General manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend, Thursday through Sunday at the end of June. We booked the trip through an inexpensive deal with funjet, so to be honest I went because of the price and was aware of some of the negative reviews. I think it should be made clear that the older part of the hotel is like staying in another hotel because it was bought by the hilton and the rooms are absolutely sub par to the newer part of the hotel. We paid 40 a night for an 'upgrade" to an oceanview but it was still in the older part of the hotel but much nicer than the first "resort view" room that we saw. I was also dissapointed in the beach, not a reflection of the hotel but the water was quite brownish.
The good
* Lobby area is pretty nice and welcoming
* Concierge and activities staff was awesome
*Close to airport and downtown
The Bad
* Food was below average, even for an all inclusive. The main buffet always had flies swarming over the food. The hotel needs to put covers over everything and keep the door closed. Mexican speciallty was horrible, French was pretty good. Sushi was a joke.
*Waitstaff and front desk staff overall were much less than friendly.
*Hotel was hosting a conference for Merck Pharmaceuticals and treated all other guests like less of a priority. Even closed the main buffet one night for the company.
*Rooms in older tower not very nice, bathroom had a door infront of the toilet that if I closed it, hit my knees (I'm 5'6") It is true that they are very stingy with towels and take a long time to bring you anything.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the newer tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chrytic
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was a pleasant stay. I really want to call out my server Jorge (Jorgito). One afternoon my behavior was less than lady like after a few drinks. He made sure my sister and friend had all the help they needed to get me to my room. I wasn't able to thank him. He was a true angel.
Food is pretty good, I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
The beach isn't as great as seen in the pictures. Its a little dirty and the sand is a little rocky. Go further south for better part of the beaches.
Enjoyed my stay. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the side with the fitness facilities have better views. Bring air freshner...the rooms tend...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alejandra M
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Staying in Hiltons often, we expected a high level of service. Being at a Hilton in Mexico, I knew we would receive excellent service. All employees were helpful and informative. In particular, Lourdes (Lulu) from the Adventure Kids Club did an incredible job with our kids. As we are an English only speaking family, the staff were incredibly accommodating and understanding. I witnessed a few times where the staff were not treated very well, but they responded professionally and respectfully. The front desk staff was more than helpful with any and all requests. From towels to taxis or room requests to restaurant reservations, the staff was more than ready to handle all requests. In particular, Paola at the front desk, made every effort to make sure my family was taken care of. Going above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. Thank you to all of the Hilton Puerto Vallarta staff for making our vacation all we'd hoped for. We cant wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Walls are pretty thin. We heard everything our young and loud neighbors were doing and we stayed in...
1  Thank Randy R
JORGE V, General Manager at Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Attn. Randy R.
I want to thank you for shring you opinion on our service of your recent stay with us.
Our main purpose is to provide the best possible service to all our guests

We really appreciate your excellent comments for our service Staff specially for the ones
mentioned . please be sure that I'm sharing this with our Team Members.

We look forward for your future travel plans, it will be an honour to be your host once again.

Corcially,

Jorge Villarejo
General Manger

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our 10 year anniversary, even with a packed hotel (staffed claimed +90% occupancy) the experience was great, staff kept a great attitude.

Our room was a Jr. Suite, it was very nice and spacious, it was a nice surprise to find a very spacious bathroom for a change.

Restaurants are overall good, waiters great, but the food sometimes repetitive at the buffet.

Room cleanliness great!

One member staff really stood out, Mauricio Sides, Bellboy's Captain, he was always quick to help out and very friendly

Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: do try and get the Jr. Suite or Suite
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos C

Attn. Carlos;
First of all I want to thank you for selecting our hotel to celebrate your 10th aniversary.

I also want to thank you for taking your time to write you excellent comments on our service
please be sure that I'm sharing your opinion with all my service staff.

We invite you to consider our hotel for your next visit and aniversaries.

Cordially,