“Very good food excellent service.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Los Arbolitos Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 980 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$5 - US$53
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We open every day from 1:00m pm to 11:00 pm that the kitchen closes and after that you can stay and enjoy your evening with great music and drinks until 12:00 pm.
Westbury, New York
“Very good food excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very good mexican food with excellent, very friendly service. Great salsa. Some unusual mexican dishes made very well. Probably best for a lunch as we had it. I don't feel it's that special for a dinner.

• Visited May 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Old Favorite is Open Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have been going to Puerta Vallarta for twenty five years and never miss going to this restaurant. I love the view family atmosphere and the great people.The food was outstanding the service was not rushed ,and they got it right. The new owners were very generous and poured us a round of their special tequila on the house. I would not miss this place. We walked to it on Lazaro Cardinas towards the mountain from the Romantic section of PV. It's a great change of pace to get away from all the action at the ocean. We will be back.
Jim
Milwaukee, Wi

1 Thank 444461944
Mississauga, Canada
“We just stumbled in and found a good one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I were shopping at the local fruit & vegetable market and were getting hungry...well my wife was and I have learned it is better to feed her than listen to the whining. So we came across this place and the waiter meekly asked us to check out the place. No strong sell or pushiness about his approach...almost apologetic. We went to the 3rd floor and there is a nice view. We had fresh lemonade and that was actually a tad sweet for our liking. That was our fault as we should have told the waiter to keep it on the tart side. The waiter talked us into a meal I have never tried or heard of before. It was served in what looked like a mortar (minus the pestle) which was carved out of volcanic black rock and shaped like a pig. It was piping hot and bubbling when it was served. Inside was beef, chicken, shrimp, peppers, onions and tomatoes with a thick sauce and goey cheese. Rice & refried beans with tortillas was served along side. As I said I was not really hungry but once I tried this dish I could not stop eating it. We easily finished the bowl and when there was no more tortillas we just sponed it onto our plates to eat. We will go back for dinner for sure and as it turned out we had met the owner at another restaurant called Tangarroa 2 years earlier when my wife & I along with this restaurant owner and her parents closed the place down. Good value and food. We will go again befor ewe go home this year.

1 Thank Dave Judy F
wisconsin
“Need more time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was always our must go to place for dinner before they closed. We were really excited when we found out that Los Arbolitos was opened again. We had to give it a try for dinner. The location is fantastic, and just watching the river is very relaxing. It seems as though they are still trying to figure out what the inside should look like. It gave us that unfinished feeling. Service for the most part was very good. Guacamole made at your table side was very good. Drinks are the norm and price is good. The food seemed to be lacking. Of 4 dinners, 1 came late and 2 were somewhat warm. I hope it's just starting out problems and they will be able to correct and make this a great place for dinner again. We'll give them another try.

• Visited February 2013
Sonora, California
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a beer after our long Sunday walk through the hills of Puerto Vallarta and were treated to the best food we've had since we arrived! The restaurant has been closed for two years and is now under new management by Marissa, a delightful woman from Mexico City. She and her experienced staff prepared us food based on their recommendation (including guacamole made at table side) and we were impressed with the quality of the meal, the service, the ambience and the friendship they offered to visitors.

After our impressive meal, Marissa asked us to join her at her family's table and we were treated to stories told by her parents' colorful past. It was a traveler's experience that won't soon be forgotten.

Be sure to ask for one of Alberto's tables as he understands exemplary service and may offer you a taste of the restaurant's homemade tequila as well.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who would enjoy a meal off the beaten and tourist-laden beachfront path!

1 Thank Linda E