“Tortas Ahogadas”
Review of Antigua Molienda Cafe - CLOSED

Antigua Molienda Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: Come to Antigua Molienda Cafe and know the best coffee from Coatepec, Veracruz, high altitude and let to our Baristas seduce you with the best espressos, capuccinos and Frappes with the coffe bean ground at the moment, also our menu of our delicatessen food and delicious desserts.Open daily from 8:00am to 9:00 pmFollow us in Facebook
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Tortas Ahogadas”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

If you have been to Guadalajara, you may have seen their most popular sandwich, a local invention. Also nicknamed the 'drunken sub', shredded meat and gravy au jus with a special trucked-in bun a bit on the salty side. Possibly the Mexican version of the sloppy joe as more gets on your white shirt than in your mouth! Go here for this specialty and sit in the quaint rear garden area. Down-home, run by a good couple with very tasty reasonable food. Stop by at least for a cup of their brew from Veracruz [coffee for sale to make at home].

• Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Great coffee and hospitality”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was real find, where one can have a variety of different coffees, from espressos to cappuccinos and everything in between.

The owners are cordial and helpful in terms of information about the area.

• Visited October 2012
“Perfect neighborhood coffee”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

If you are strolling around Old Town, make sure and stop in. The frappe's are the best I've found and the service is exceedingly friendly. Avoid the lines at some of the other coffee places and enjoy the beverages and sandwiches here. Pick up a bag of there home roasted beans too!

Olympia, Washington
“A wonderful find!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

A friend and I were walking by this darling cafe and were delighted with the owners and the intimate setting! So the next day we went back with my husband and enjoyed the delicious torta! It was fantastic and the latte was beautiful and delicious !!! The owners are such lovely people and welcome you with such grace! It is a definite that we will go back to enjoy the experience again!!!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Delicius food and coffee”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I was driving around PV looking for a good Torta Ahogada place and couldn't find (for those who haven't tried this ,you should, it's a typical Jalisco delight consists of a sub served in a bowl with sauce,you eat it with a spoon or your bare hands!!) Torta Ahogada means Drowned Sandwich

As I drove by Antigua Molienda I noticed they had Torta Ahogada so I decided to try it there. I was not dissapointed it was delicious!! and to top it all off I ordered a frapuccino with banana and pecans YUMMY!! The best frapuccino I ever had I think I became addicted to it and I will go back this weekend for more!!

• Visited February 2013