“Coolest place we've ever stayed!”

Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was amazing from start to finish. The hotel manager who greeted us was so fantastic. Even though we arrived earlier then expected, she made us margarita's, guacamole and gave us the grand tour. And when I say grand, I mean GRAND. This place is really neat, and impeccably decorated. Fun, and hip for sure. The rooftop pool and spa were the best spot and the staff is so helpful, its great. They really made you feel like you were VIP guests at home and that kind of service is so very rare. THANK YOU!!

They have bar/kitchen at the pool for you to use and it was so hard to leave! I love the fact this it is tucked away from the main strip, and you get to feel like you are a local when you stay here. It was so beautiful and quiet but close to everything! My only regret is we were not able to stay the entire week. We fell in love with PV city and this place had a lot to do with it. We will be back for sure! I can't imagine staying anywhere else in PV.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alexander A, Owner at Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Being the owner and the usual operator I am rejoiced to read this review. I don't go out of town to often but to hear such lovely things said about your vacation at Rivera Del Rio and our Vacation manager, you might just inspire me to take another vacation :) In all honesty though it is so nice to know that things run great when I am not attending to all the needs of my guests and one of my trusted colleagues can. Hopefully next time I will be able to meet you. Thank you for your stay

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Alex,

Thank you so much for the wonderful visit. Please thank Chayo for the tasty guacamole, Margaritas, and breakfasts. None better on the planet. You all are so helpful and you made my stay in PV one that I won't soon forget.

The bed was so comfy I did not want to leave it, even tho Puerto Vallarta was calling me to play. I did so enjoy the jacuzzi & the rooftop swimming pool, what a wonderful way to spend the day or the early evening as the sun is going down. Thank you for setting up the massage and acupuncture sessions. They were wonderful.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: If you don't want a ground level suite, I stayed in the Carlotta which was wonderful. It had 2...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The place was in a great location, staff awesome.
Recommend the B&B hands down.
Will be back!!!
Great food with in walking distance, also great for night life and beaches.
Recommend the taco stand a few blocks from the B&B, great food and great ladies who work there!
Alex you and the rest of your staff were awesome!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jbgoddard
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing Artsy Comfortable and clean rooms!
Convenient location in the zona romantica or old town, our favorite neighborhood in PV. Walking distance to everything!!!!! At first it seems off the beaten path but it's actually central to absolutely everything.
All the staff is very Friendly and helpful.
The entire place is Charmingly Different in a VERY good way!!!
Rustic, colorful and lively rooms with amazing beds.
Awesome rooftop jacuzzi, and great little rooftop pool,
Alex (owner) Very efficient, available and thoughtful.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Brenrico
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Everything about our stay at Rivera Del Rio was perfect. We loved the location right next to the river and in a sweet little neighborhood very close to town. Our room was absolutely amazing with a comfortable bed, full kitchen and bathroom, and floor to ceiling windows that opened to an expansive deck. The breakfast was delicious and served with a smile. (It's not on the menu, but ask for huevos divorsados!) And the best part, Alex and the wonderful women that work there were the perfect hosts. Always there when you needed them with big smiles on their faces happy to help in any way they could. I couldn't recommend this place more highly.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned from my third stay at Rivera Del Rio in a year! I always enjoy Vallarta... my home away from home... and now Rivera Del Rio is even more so my "home away from home". Thank you Alex, Diego, and team for such amazing comfort and hospitality. Keep up the great work, I'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is amazing with excellent service, I felt like I walked into another world. The decor is amazing its a place to visit. Great location close to resturants and beaches. I had a wonderful experience. Never thought there was such a unique place in Puerta Vallarta, so cosy, I hated leaving.

Room Tip: The mariposa love it
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo