“The most incredible place I've ever stayed!”

Rivera del Rio Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Words can't even describe the perfection I experienced at Rivera del Rio. I stayed in the Scarlette room where the entire wall opens up to your own luxurious balcony with a view of the mountains and overlooking the river. The staff were like family and went above and beyond all expectations. If I'm ever back in Puerto Vallarta there is no doubt in my mind I'll be staying at Rivera del Rio.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin187

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first vacation I had taken internationally and I had no idea what to expect. Alex had told me about his hotel and I was excited but really had no idea what to expect, I saw the pictures online but they really did it no justice to what I really had the opportunity to experience. From the pick up from the airport, greeting from all the staff and the owner once I arrived was more than I could have ever expected. They had someone take my luggage from the car to my room, had chips and salsa and a cocktail waiting for me upon arrival, it was awesome!! :) Then I was shown to my room which was beyond my expectations, nice comfortable bed, sheet were so soft, I could lay in it all day, The room was perfect for me. The pool was nice and bar right next to it. The staff was exceptional and was able to assist in almost all my request and were as friendly as can be and most importantly gave service with a smile (which for me is a big thing.) The staff was also great in giving me direction on how to get to different places in the city and I never felt like I was bother them. While I stay in Puerto Vallerta I never want to give another place a try, I love this place. Thanks you Alex and Diego!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent a fantastic 10 days at the Rivera del Rio in January. We loved being in the old part of Puerto Vallarta. It was a quiet street but with easy walks to restaurants and beaches. We knew we were at the right place when we were greeted with margaritas and guacamole upon arrival. The service was great throughout -- the staff was friendly and attentive in a quiet, unobtrusive way. I'd worried a little that the decor would be too over the top, but it is done very thoughtfully and provides a great refuge from the heat and crowds. The air conditioning worked perfectly and the breakfasts were outstanding. We highly recommend Rivera del Rio and will stay there again when we go back to Puerto Vallarta.

Room Tip: We loved the Candelaria Suite which has a private patio adjacent to the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was a guest at this magical villa in the late 1980's. When I first entered it I knew I was in for a great piece of timeless magic. Inherited many years later by the owners grandson I thought it would be the end of an era. To my surprise he transformed it into a youthful and exciting place to stay while in Puerto Villarta. The rooms and views fare like something out a great old hollywood movie set. Upon my first stay in the now boutique hotel, I was taken back by the care and luxury provided by Alex the owner and his staff. Seemingly and effortlessly always maintaining an environment of romantic tranquility. From being greeted with cocktails, to providing a wonderal made to order breakfeast, I could stay here forever with a peacefull satisfied smile on my face. Bravo!

Room Tip: Every room is completly different
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was looking for a place to get away from the daily grind.
I was greeted warmly with a margarita and Alex the owner.
The decor is exquisite. cozy rooms, each with a different theme

It is a world apart within the city of Vallarta, surrounded by mountain views.

It has all the amenities to make your stay the most pleasant.

Luxury, quality and privacy are present at all times.

I had the opportunity to meet other travelers and exchange opinions and suggestions for your trip to Mexico City.

I was able to tour the facilities, every corner has details that evoke different emotions and convey to visitors.

A great experience I must repeat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Thank you Tab, Chayo, Jerry, Alex and all at Rivera del Rio for a truly luxurious and romantic honeymoon in Old Vallarta. My new wife and I were greeted by Tab who had margaritas and guacamole waiting for us. His advice on local beaches to visit was spot on, and we were able to get away from the crowds in favor of smaller local hideaways. The location of Rivera is perfect for exploring Puerto Vallarta's Romantic district on foot, and we found several great restaurants and shops without needing to pay for taxis. Chayo's daily breakfasts were delicious, and she was so friendly and inviting. Jerry was always available for questions or concerns. We enjoyed watching the afternoons turn into sunsets on the picturesque rooftop pool, and our stay in the Scarlet Room couldn't have been more comfortable and romantic. We even saw iguanas in the trees outside of our balcony! Thanks all for an unforgettable honeymoon!

Room Tip: Scarlet is a great for couples!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed 2 June 2014

As the summer began early this year and not having any AC or a pool at our home, my boyfriend and I opted to “Go Away” this weekend and treat ourselves to a mini-getaway and just chill-out…literally. I live here in Puerto Vallarta so I am familiar with most of the hotels in the area, but I had no idea such a gem was just a few blocks away. The Rivera del Rio is located on the Rio Cuale in the Romantic Zone of Puerto Vallarta and the area could quite possibly be named after this hotel. Romantic, majestic, Romanesque, unique, classically beautiful, delightful….there are so many words to describe the hotel because there are so many little details to be discovered around every corner.

Upon arrival, Diego greeted with a Margarita and gave us a tour of the hotel. We got a peek inside a few of the rooms they offer which were all very individually unique and all very inviting and romantic. Then he showed us to our suite that we splurged on and we were completely blown away!! A full kitchen larger than I have at home and sadly better stocked, a complete living room with cable TV, a formal dining table that could seat up to 8 guests easily, a guest bathroom complete with soaking tub and a bidet in addition to the standard shower and toilet, and finally a master suite with a claw foot tub and the most comfortable bed & bedding I think I have ever slept in. Wow, wow, wow is all I can come up with to describe it so I hope that is helpful to you.

We spent the afternoon in the rooftop pool cooling off and decided to order take-out as we did not want to leave the hotel. There is a hot tub on the roof in the evenings with a beautiful view of the hills surrounding the bay. Wine in hand, only the slight sound of the river passing in front of the hotel, this made for the most memorable mini-getaway.

The staff was excellent and made us feel so welcome and relaxed it was just perfect. In the morning my heart was breaking that we had to leave this paradise and go back to the “Real World”, but Chayo made us a lovely breakfast and was very sweet and friendly which made our departure a pleasant one.

If you are looking for something unique and off the beaten path, the hotel Rivera del Rio is my new number one pick in Puerto Vallarta. We will be returning soon and recommending this hotel to all of our friends and family. Thank you to everyone on the staff there that made our weekend so much more special and huge kudos to the owners of the hotel with their eclectic taste and attention to details that made the design of this hotel so unique and so very lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple