“Fabulous place to live in PV!”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Kitchen
Terrace view
Banderas Bay view
Pool-ocean view
Pool and Sun
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
Theresa M
“Fabulous place to live in PV!”
Reviewed 20 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We went to actually live in our second home, PV. This place has everything you'd want in a home, and more! Both bedrooms are luxurious, with en suites you can enjoy as if in a spa. The kitchen is fully equipped and a joy to cook in. The living areas are spacious and the music system (throughout the home) is great (just turn it down at night so you can sleep to the surf sound from below). And the VIEW! 180 degrees and then some. Every day you marvel at how fortunate you are to be spending your time, here. As a super-plus, the owner and management are terrific and responsive.

It's on a hill, so bring walking shoes, or just use the convenient funicular that takes you to the road (where taxis pass every few minutes). If you walk, it's just a ten-minute stroll into the Old Town, 20 minutes into downtown.

21 May 2016
Thanks again Theresa. See you again next year.
MAGaudrea...
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Don,
Thank you for renting your amazing apartment. The pictures do not do justice by far. Your place is amazing. Service wonderful. Cannot ask for a better vacation. Thank you and cannot wait to go back.
MA

Liked best: Everything
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
20 Oct 2015
Glad to hear from you. Christmas is still open!
Misstalul...
Essington, Pennsylvania
“Even more Beautiful than the pictures”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in August 2015 (the Rainy Season) and stayed at this property for 5 days. My husband and I traveled with another couple and this condo couldn't have been more perfect for privacy. The open feel of the condo coupled with the views will take your breath away. This was my first time staying at a vacation rental instead of a resort and I must admit that the "fear of the unknown" was a little unnerving at first. After the first night, I was able to relax and enjoy all that this place had to offer. The condo is HUGE and has varies living spaces (indoor and out) for any guest to enjoy. My favorite was the overhead rain shower in the master bedroom surrounded by the stained glass windows and array of live plants; it was like showering in your own little paradise.
The condo is a short walk down the hill to town or a short cab ride (approx 65 pesos). If I had to say the only drawback was that the unit is not air conditioned. We did stay in one of the hottest months (Aug) and the fans (ceiling and floor) made it cool at night, but during the day the heat was brutal. I would recommend this rental to anyone; the owner is very responsive and accommodating. What a great first experience with a rental! Thanks Don

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space, the location, the fine and classy decorations, the patio
Liked least: There was a sour smell coming from the toilet in the master bathroom and in the washer. There also was no air conditioning
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
15 Sep 2015
I am glad it was a good experience for you. I will be down soon & check the smell issue in bath rooms. Maybe air conditioning will go in next year ( electricity is crazy expensive so rates change so there is a trade off. I too survive well with the fans.
Don
sstarrdal...
Plano, Texas
“Perfect Puerto Vallarta Hacienda”
Reviewed 11 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

My wife and I invited another couple along for a 3-day getaway to Puerto Vallarta, and Don graciously opened his beautiful home to us, literally at the last minute (after another unscrupulous owner sold the condo we had reserved and cancelled our reservation just a few days before our trip). Don was very quick to respond to our frantic inquiry for accommodations, and could not have been a more gracious host. He provided all the info we needed, and personally called us after booking to make sure we were taken care of.

On our arrival Don was waiting, and happily helped us inside. Your first impression of Divisadero on entering is that the photos on the Trip Advisor site pale in comparison to the real thing. Be warned, Don's beautifully decorated hillside hacienda is so interesting, and relaxing, you may not want to venture out into the city. Don offered us a cold beer and gave us a very interesting tour of his home, not just the "operating manual", but the design and history. Simply wonderful.

The space is more than ample for two couples, and with the comfortable, spacious bedrooms on opposite ends of the large villa, privacy is not an issue. We left the large doors separating the entire villa from the enormous terrace open for the entire stay (only shutting the master bedroom doors one evening when road noise from below was more noticeable), and the ocean breezes were constant.

The kitchen is large and open, and the terrace spans the length of the villa offering spectacular ocean views. A convenient funicular is easy transport down to the road and taxi stop #24, where a ride was always waiting or just rounding the bend. A $4 cab ride to the hotel and restaurant zones puts shopping and dining in easy reach. The beautiful pool area offers panoramic views and was never crowded. It was a perfect Mexican "home away from home" for a relaxing weekend in paradise. Thanks, Don!

12 May 2015
Thank you for your kind & generous thoughts & comments. I'm glad you had a great weekend with more to come. The weather is still great mid May. Hard to believe.
Annette P
Lyle, Washington
“Without a doubt the most beautiful, nurturing, comfortable home I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world!”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I have to say my daughters, sister, niece and I had a fabulous nine day vacation together staying in Don’s home and exploring Puerto Vallarta. It all started when we walked through the door and our jaws dropped as we took in the incredible beauty. Outstanding original art graces every wall, gorgeous sculptures keenly placed throughout the home, incredible view of the ocean from the patio filled with beautiful flowering plants, fully equipped large working kitchen, amazing shower lined with plants and brilliant stained glass windows, extremely comfortable beds made up with quality linens! This beautiful home is close to the beach and town, providing great walks on cobble stone roads and brick lined stairs.

I can’t say enough about the beauty and joy I received staying in Don’s home! Marvelous!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beauty and comfort!
Liked least: Road noise
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
3 May 2015
It makes me happy that you enjoyed Divisadero so much. I do too and have already added another lovely sculpture for the north bedroom. Hope you will all come again and it was so nice meeting you and thanks for the lovely dinner at Cuale Paradisio.
hillyreps
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“One of the most beautiful places we've ever rented!”
Reviewed 27 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This apartment is stunning, with everything you could possibly want in it. They spared no expense in decor, the kitchen is outfitted perfectly, and the view is to die for. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

28 Mar 2015
Thanks Hillary & George.
Expect to see you again.
Always so happy when someone loves my home & takes such good care of it
Anna P
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wow!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Thank you Don for letting us to stay in your GORGEOUS house! Casa El Divisadero is a dream destination for travelers who likes adventure, unusually beautiful nature and without mobile disabilities. The first impression after we walked into this property was WOW!!!! It looks even much better than on those few pictures the owner provided for travelers. Very clean and well-maintained, with fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, home phone, washer and dryer, amazing bathrooms(no, really...to fully enjoy it, we took turns to take a shower in each others tubs)Very memorable ocean and surroundings views. The flora inside and outside the house is something I have never seen before anywhere else. We stayed 9 days and seems like it wasn't enough time to completely satisfy our curiosity. Thanks Antonio for all assistance he provided. People there are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this property to all my Russian and American friends who likes to walk and can tolerate hot summers without a/c. 8 big fans were pretty efficient and the funicular was the only a type of transportation we pray for after walking up the stairs for first couple days, then got used to and now even missing this exercise. People who doesn't want to shape their legs, can easily use taxi. Its pretty cheap over there( we paid $50 pesos or $4 American dollars from Centro of Romantic zone)) and largely available. No waiting. I really liked low season because there was not very crowded anywhere and due to big competition, prices on everything are lower than in high season. All activities I would recommend to order online. Its easier. Rains almost every evening didn't affect us anyhow. Short warm showers usually in the evenings just alleviate the heat. The only what bothered us were insects of unknown origin, invisible and biting fast. I talked to people from hotels and staying in other places of the shore,-they all complained about this. Probably, its because of raining and being close to jungle. Anyway, I had the greatest experience of my life together with my husband and my friends staying at Casa Divisadero located in upper Conches Chinas which also known as Beverly Hills of Puerto Vallarta

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Insects
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
8 Sep 2014
Thanks Anna
So happy you had a great time. I'm headed down end of Sept so I will get some of that humidity!
Don
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing