As with anything, nothing is *perfect*, but we thought this vacation was pretty darn close! We have 8 y/o twins and took them to Dreams over their birthday. Upon exiting our car, we were greeted by two members of the Concierge staff (Bethy and Gregorio), who sang Happy Birthday to our kids and welcomed us personally. I can NOT say enough about the staff at Dreams. They are just amazing and take great pride in providing good service. Each and every encounter we had with staff was a pleasure, whether it was a restaurant server, maid service, or a groundskeeper.
Each day, we were given a newsletter with the day's activities. For those with kids, I highly recommend the Explorers' Club. Our kids had a GREAT time. In the week they were there, they made cookies (while wearing adorable chef's hats), pinatas, released baby sea turtles (twice), watched nightly movies on the beach, and so much more. The staff is absolutely great with kids and parents are provided with pagers while the kids are there.
There are two pools at the resort: One is adult only and has a bar very close by. We only went to that pool once, as it does not get a lot of sun and was a little chilly. The other pool is a pool for kids/adults and was plenty big. It also has a swim up bar, which was great. Our favorite bartender was Salvador. Order a "Mayan Sacrifice"....they are great! They also have a kids' drink of the day, which was fun. Yes, the pools do have a limited number of chairs, but this has been my experience at most resorts. All you have to do is save a chair by 9 a.m. and you should be fine. Is it a perfect system? No. But, it's to be expected at most resorts.
The food at the resort was great. Our favorite restaurant was the Seaside Grill. Great service and a great view. Oceana is also wonderful! The service is a bit slower there, but you also don't have to make reservations, so it's just a bit of a trade-off. We found the buffet to be some of the best at any all-inclusive we've visited. Lots of variety and was very well kept and clean.
We stayed at the Preferred Tower and--if you can--I'd highly recommend it. The service was great and they have some extra amenities that we really appreciated, included free wifi, computers in the lobby, and a morning/evening happy hour with snacks and drinks. The rooms were very nice and had a great view. They are also very spacious, which is especially important when traveling with kids.
All in all, I would visit again in a second, if nothing else to see the wonderful staff again. They were incredibly kind and wonderful and we'll never forget it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this natural, open-air paradise, you'll see shades of blue you never imagined, stretching from the brilliant mosaics of the infinity pools to the spectacular views of the azure ocean. Authentic Mexican cuisine, swim-up suites and a beautiful, intimate setting that seems to grow more perfect every moment, we have it all. All bestowed with our genuine Service from the HeartTM . That's the difference at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. That's the Evolution of All-Inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Resort Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort Spa
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Puerta Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Dreams Hotel