8,809 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releasejungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have been using apple vacations for one to two times a year for the last several years and this was our third time to Puerta Vallerta and our first time at this hotel. It was one of the nicest experience we had at a Dreams. The location was excellent as it was very private and the restaurants were all excellent. The bar was close to the ocean and it was a lovely place to have a cocktail and watch the sunset. All of the staff at the Hotel was very friendly and efficient. Our flight was a charter and 7hours late in leaving Chicago due to weather, but we were notified ahead of time, their was a rep at the airport taking care of any problems and when we arrived they had buses ready to take us right to the resort and staff ready to check us in immediately. I cannot say enough about this hotel and the quality of service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed at Dreams before, but this resort had the best food of them all. The top shelf liquor did not seem less than that (not cut with water or liquor other than what should be), and the staff was awesome!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter013167
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We (2 adults, and our daughters ages 13 and 9) booked an 8 night/7 day vacation at Dreams PV, along with a few other close friends and family for a wedding taking place up the road at LeCliff. Our first site upon arriving was staff with flutes of champagne for the adults and juice (was told it was very good) for the kids, and warm washcloths. Though we were approx. 3 hours early arriving, 3 of the 4 families were shown their rooms immediately upon check-in. Throughout our stay, we were always taken care of so well by ALL staff. Christian was phenomenal; always greeting our entire group so warmly, willing to give us advice on anything we inquired, sincerely caring about each and every one of us, and repeatedly going over and above what was expected. Salazar, our waiter at the pool, learned our favorite drinks quickly, was always there to bring us fresh drinks whether at the pool or beach, and pick up after us. WOW! Though we kept busy with the wedding and other excursions (Canopy Zip Line Tour, Swimming with the Dolphins & Pipi's Mexican Restaurant were our faves), we were able to fit in quite a bit of relaxation. We stayed in the older tower and found the rooms spacious, clean, and everything we could have ever wanted. The view was spectacular, and we kept our sliding door open 95% of the time as the waves crashing on shore was heaven. The restaurants were all wonderful in their own way (favorites: Seaside Grill & Oceana). The ice cream served at the buffet was always a hit mid-day. Tried room service a few times and found it good. I honestly can find no faults with our vacation there, except to say our stay was too short. Very sad to hear it will be closing in April for a "remodel". I can only hope the staff and atmosphere do not change, as I believe this is what makes this resort unique.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view though any floor has spectacular views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank StaceyK40
Reviewed 25 February 2014

First and Most Important...... We must say that the people that work for the Dreams go above and beyond expectations!!! Everyone from Maintenance, HouseKeeping, Bar tenders, Waiters, Bell Boys, Check in Clerks, Spa Staff, Managers, Chefs ..... the list goes on were so Helpful, Friendly and it never ever felt like their hands were open for a tip..... this goes without saying , that yes we tipped everyone that served us.... even in the buffet!! These people work hard all day and deserve a little extra!!

Now for the resort:
ROOMS; We booked in the Preferred Tower due to a recommendation. It was Clean and the size was nice. It does need some updating.... but really,, how much time do you really spend in it?? I believe that all rooms have amazing views of the Ocean.
BUFFETS: The food at the buffets was great! Both my husband and I had no problems finding something everyday that we liked . There was a nice variety.
RESTAURANTS : We ate the the Portofino (Adult Only) Food was presented nicely and tasted great!! The Mexican, was yummy as well...... Now for the Oceana and the Sea Side Grill ...... We were really disappointed. At the Oceana , food came cold and the shrimp over cooked. At the Seaside Grill , both of our meals came cold! I was impressed though, because at both restaurants the waiters came and asked if everything was ok because they could see that our meals had not been touched. They were very apologetic and wanted to make us happy. The Manager of the Kitchen came out both times and again wanted to make us happy and apologized. They made it up to us Ten Fold!!
SPA: I was treated to a massage from some girlfriends while there.... The staff were very professional. The Spa was ver clean..... and my Swedish Massage was wonderful. I would recommend if you want to treat yourself!!
The Pools looked nice- even though we never used them. We spent everyday at the beach...... isn't this why we go?? So every morning, I'd get up bright and early go to the gym, which by the way was nice.... some of he equipment needs a bit of attention, but over all can't complain. Then after my workout, I'd go down to the beach (7:30 am) to reserve a beach spot.... as they would be taken up quit quickly...... Need some shade come mid afternoon. We did go mid February, so I'm thinking the resort was fairly full. They did have a lot of Palapa's. Everyday around 10:30 am the Beach service would start..... again, The service was exceptional!! and the Drinks were awesome...... they were NOT watered down at all!!! Trust me, I felt them!!! LoL

TO NOTE: The Hyatt is taking the Dreams over in May. These People are going to loose their jobs for 6 months. I hope and pray that the Hyatt finds these wonderful people jobs to tide them over until the resort re-opens...... and I hope and pray that the Hyatt ,if they are smart will hire everyone of the amazing people when they open!!! We met people there on the beach one day and started talking..... we found out that this had been their 22 time to the Dreams .... why?? Because of the people who work there!! This speaks volumes!!

Over all we would have to say we were extremely happy and would recommend in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: We Booked the Preferred and our friends booked the old tower.... Save you pennies and stay in the Old tower.... there really isn't that much of a difference!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrendaAnita
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our first hot holiday as a family and it couldn't have been better. We stayed in the older tower and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of our room. We were on the first floor - the advantage there was our sliding doors led to a small private lawn complete with chairs, which my four year old enjoyed. Disadvantage to that room was noise from pipes and basement facilities but we didn't notice that too much.

The food was excellent. There was always something in the buffet to try, and great selection of kid-friendly foods as well. Ate in every restaurant except Portofino and all were excellent. For a change of pace, skip the buffet breakfast and eat in Oceana, it was terrific. We were also there over Valentine's Day and enjoyed a gourmet poolside buffet complete with live entertainment.

Excellent service, beautiful beach, plenty of seats and towels for everyone. My ONLY complaint was that the very loud speaker (music began at 10 a.m.) would be better placed by the swim up bar rather than the children's wading pool.

I hope Hyatt doesn't price this resort out of our range when they take over. I'd love to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family