8,808 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerrock climbingturtle releasejungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed 6 March 2014

With any all inclusive resort, there are always concerns about everything from room size, to cleanliness, to friendliness of the staff. After spending a week at Dreams PV I can honestly say I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else.

First TIp: Take the upgraded room package. The rooms are huge and have an amazing view... even from the third floor (ours). However.. if the sound of crashing waves will keep you up at night, you may want to pick a different resort, because Dreams is so close to the water that you can hear the waves crash all night. (Personally, I loved it.) Also with the upgraded package you get a private well stocked bar and light appys in your lobby... There is also 24 hour room service... which I'm not sure the rest of the resort has,

The a la cartes were all amazing: Great variety of menu, never a real wait to get in (except the one night the buffet was closed so that's all the whole resort had to choose from so a wait was expected) And they are unlimited, so we didn't have to do any suppers at the buffet (which is nice after using it for breakfast and lunch)

The resort is much smaller than the few others I've been to, but it's a nice small... easy to get around and it wasn't busy or crowded at all... One of the quite pools was actually deserted most of the days! The also had a quite adult only infinity pool which was a nice break to get away from the busier and louder main pool and main pool swim up bar...

Another nice thing about Dreams is that they go the extra mile for the little things which is why i call it an "all-inclusive plus". They have a little coffee shop with pastries and cupcakes, their snack shacks were delicious... the turn down service... just the little niceties that really make you feel pampered.

The other factor that makes this resort amazing is the staff. They are so friendly and courteous... I'd be remiss if I didn't single out a few for amazing service because they really stood out... Guadalupe at the snack shack was so friendly and cheery.. Salazar, a waiter during the day at the Main Pool. Norma, the hostess at the buffet, Miguel the Bartender at the Main pool bar all really left an impression on me and the others in our group.

The beach front area was also amazing... kid friendly and safe. The weather was also perfect every day.

I know that this property was recently purchased by Hyatt... so I'm not sure what the future will be like, but if there's a Hyatt executive reading this I would say DON'T CHANGE A THING!

I honestly have zero to complain about. The best I could come up with was the sand gets really hot on bare feet during the day. That's all I have... and that's not even a real complaint!!

In reading reviews prior to going, I came across one couple that said they have been there 25 times. After being there myself. I can easily see why.

Room Tip: Upgrade. Any room in the Preferred Club tower will be awesome.
4  Thank CandCsk
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Dreams was wonderful:)
Beautiful weather in Feb/March. About 86 degrees F everyday and sunny :)
Great service from the whole staff.
Met great people and had amazing food (shrimp burrito at Oceana) and drinks (the dirty monkey) :)
Did some great activities including Extreme Adventures Ziplining tour! So fun!
The only negative thing I have to say is that there should be more lawn chairs available around the pool..somedays we had to search for them and move them around to face the sun.
Will def be going back next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linnea I
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our first trip to the west coast of Mexico and were not disappointed. The staff was extremely friendly and always willing to help. The food was always good and plenty of it. There are plenty of resturants on site and we only had to wait once, only 10 minutes, to get a set. This was a great get away from to ragging mid-
Atlantic winter. Some of the rooms have a balcony and other don't. Pay the extra $20.00 a night and get the balcony. It's well worth it

Room Tip: Get a balcony room. $20.00/night for the balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our first time to Mexico and our first stay at a Dreams resort. I have nothing bad to say about our experience! Everything was wonderful from check in to check out. We stayed in the Preferred Tower with the Jacuzzi on the balcony. The service really stood out to us, everyone was very polite and always helpful. Paty M was our housekeeper for most of the time we were there, she did an excellent job! I especially appreciated Kryzia's wonderful service as conceirge and the whole family liked Eduardo as our server at the World Cafe, and even would request him when we ate there. The food at Oceana was our favorite, I especially liked the touch of having your own toaster at the table for breakfast. The pool was great, perfect temperature and we could always find a place to lay out, even though we traveled during the Valentine's day/President's day holiday time. The beach is amazing, beautifully groomed sand, no rocks to worry about, and lots of fish to swim with! I would go back in a heartbeat!

2  Thank akbmoon
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our first time both at a Dreams and in Puerto Vallarta (although not to Mexico) and really the best word to describe was W OW!!! I didn't want to leave, and definitely would go back!
We were one of three families traveling together, so 12 people including six kids ranging between 8 months and 7 years. We upgraded to the Prestige Club tower, so my review is based on that.
I tend to ramble, so I will summarize first and then provide details if you want to keep reading...
Pros:
-AMAZING staff
- beautiful private beach just for the resort
- fantastic kids club
- all ocean view rooms
- wonderful food, with restaurants overlooking the ocean (beautiful at sunset)
- turtle release program
- small feel
- very clean (and I'm picky)

Cons:
Okay...I'm really reaching here! House wine wasn't great, wasn't terrible. And that is really reaching, as I can't think of anything else to say! Plus, there was a wine list to upgrade to if you wanted to pay extra.
Biggest potential con - management will be changing over potentially in April. It's potential as it depends on what happens - if the Hyatt keeps the overall feel and quality of the resort, and the amazing staff, great. But you never know, right?

So, the details:
Our room - we shared with our two kids, and had the king bed with the sofa. Note this is not a sofa bed, but a sectional that can be set up on request into sort of a square bed that fit my two 4.5 year olds nicely. And our bed was heaven - so comfy! We had a balcony and the view was incredible, and loved the sound of the waves crashing against the sand. It was clean, it was a great size, and we were very happy.

The beach - beautiful, stunning, perfect. The only thing I would note is that the water isn't super calm so if you have little kids, you just have to be careful and there are times of day not to take them in. My husband however had a wonderful time crashing in the waves and body surfing! My kids loved the waves "kissing" their toes and knees. The water was lovely.

Food - YUM!!!! We did the buffet for breakfast and then either the buffet (if the kids were with us) or an a la carte for lunch. The buffet was fine, quite tasty, but the other restaurants were fantastic. The food was really good, smaller portions which we found for the most part to be perfect, and service was wonderful. Also, all the restaurants except I think the adults only (we didn't go) are outside and overlook the water. The views of the sunsets were stunning.

Kids club - the girls at the kids club were wonderful with the kids! We weren't sure if our kids would like it, it's the first time they have been old enough to go (we have 4 1/2 year old twins) but they asked to go for certain activities, and even just playtime they had a great time. They did bungee trampolining (a huge hit), piñata making, face painting, pirate treasure hunt, and other stuff and would ask to go. But the biggest hit we found was dropping them off for dinner (I really thought the family would eat together - but after a couple of nights where the kids just got bored sitting, they were ecstatic to eat with other kids at the kids club - they took them to one of the restaurants and fed them there). THEN, they would do a movie on the beach each night! They set up chaises for the kids at 7:30 and had popcorn for them....and the grown ups would go eat. They loved those movies. We got pagers for the kids so we could be reached if they needed us. Loved the kids club.

Turtle release - we were lucky enough to see this, as I don't think it is the key season, but the resort has a turtle hatching and release program. If they have turtles hatching, and assuming conditions are okay, they release the baby turtles in the evening and have the guests who want to participate be a part of it. My kids thought this was the most amazing thing and I loved it too! I was happy to see they were very particular on how people participated and if you didn't follow directions, they addressed it quickly. They were obviously very careful and caring of the turtles, and I was quite impressed at how it was handled. What a great way to get the kids involved with helping animals!

Staff - WOW. Just WOW. We have been to some lovely resorts, and although this resort overall was fantastic, the staff made it stand out even more. Really, they got to know you, they obviously love their job, they were all incredibly friendly and welcoming, and just took the experience to the next level. Everyone bent over backwards to make sure the experience was everything you could want and more. I could list names, but I might forget someone (there are a lot of names!) and I would feel terrible, but really, amazing. I've never had that experience anywhere else.

Spa - best massage ever!!!!! Beautiful facilities, loved the Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean after.

Shows - I only had a chance to see the Latin show and the fire show, but the Latin show was great, and the fire show was incredible. Wow. The resort does do two nights a week (I think it's standard, it seemed to be weekly) where they have buffet dinner on the beach followed by a show, and they do a lovely job.

Not sure if I forgot something, I'm sure I did, but anyway, overall wonderful wonderful experience!!!! Thank you Dreams!!!

7  Thank Emily H