8,952 results
All reviews club tower seaside grill private beach preferred tower world cafe older tower dreams resort blaze restaurant sunset bar main pool main tower rock climbing turtle release jungle tour all inclusive resort asian restaurant fire show
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We just returned from our vacation at Dreams. We did quite a bit of research before booking on TripAdvisor. Dreams was hands down one of the best resorts we have stayed. We frequently travel world-wide. The rooms were beautifully appointed with a jacuzzi on our balcony over-looking the beach. Can't get better than that! ALL of the staff were extremely professional, helpful, energetic and such a pleasure. The private beach was so beautiful. One of the best. The food and selection of restaurants were very good. On our last evening they honored us to have a romantic dinner on the beach. How much perfect than an nice bottle of wine, perfect food, attentive staff, a sunset with the sound of waves!! The evening programs were excellent from the Oscar Party, Mardi Gras, Fire show, Hypnotist and others. The right mixture. The property security was great. Clearly the guests interests where at heart. Both my partner and myself looked at gay oriented hotels and after seeing those and staying here, we made the right choice. Big Kudo's to Dream's and their staff. We hope the Hyatt doesn't change a thing and we'll be back. Thank you for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I rely on trip advisor to research our travel;however, I have never taken the time to write a review.
We are just returning from a stay at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and felt compelled to give them acclaim.
I could not speak more highly about the staff, location and overall experience. The rooms are spacious, the staff is attentive and the food was very very good for a "all inclusive"
Security for traffic flow on and off the property is impressive.
The properties private beach is amazingly beautiful. There are a few vendors selling there items but not nearly as much as at the public beaches in town.
Dreams is a 5 minute cab ride into the Zona Romantica, and for gay travellers this was great . We had researched the hotels catering to gay travelers and luckily did not go that direction. (Especially after seeing the properties.)
The daytime and nighttime entertainment really is quite good at Dreams.
Overall this property is fantastic. They are being bought out by Hyatt, and I hope all the staff will stay on .
Truly great place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My 3rd time to PV. Dreams is perfectly situated!. The service is exceptional; puts Canadian food and bev industry to shame and rivals anything in America. A big shout out to Salvadore and Miguel in the swim up pool bar - friendliest fellows ever, esp with all of those dirty monkeys hangin around :-). it was a great time, just as all of the reviews will attest. Thanks for everything folks ... see you next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gregg T
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Bought a vacation to this resort last summer because Apple has a great sale. It was well worth the money. The resort is pretty with many friendly people. The downside was the swim up bar was overran with small children and families. It was so busy and loud we never got in the main pool. The zip lining tour was what made this vacation so memorable! It was the best excursion we had ever been on. It is not a "romantic" resort and wouldn't recommend it for any adults on a honeymoon or peaceful getaway, but great for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alicewebb05
Reviewed 6 March 2014

With any all inclusive resort, there are always concerns about everything from room size, to cleanliness, to friendliness of the staff. After spending a week at Dreams PV I can honestly say I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else.

First TIp: Take the upgraded room package. The rooms are huge and have an amazing view... even from the third floor (ours). However.. if the sound of crashing waves will keep you up at night, you may want to pick a different resort, because Dreams is so close to the water that you can hear the waves crash all night. (Personally, I loved it.) Also with the upgraded package you get a private well stocked bar and light appys in your lobby... There is also 24 hour room service... which I'm not sure the rest of the resort has,

The a la cartes were all amazing: Great variety of menu, never a real wait to get in (except the one night the buffet was closed so that's all the whole resort had to choose from so a wait was expected) And they are unlimited, so we didn't have to do any suppers at the buffet (which is nice after using it for breakfast and lunch)

The resort is much smaller than the few others I've been to, but it's a nice small... easy to get around and it wasn't busy or crowded at all... One of the quite pools was actually deserted most of the days! The also had a quite adult only infinity pool which was a nice break to get away from the busier and louder main pool and main pool swim up bar...

Another nice thing about Dreams is that they go the extra mile for the little things which is why i call it an "all-inclusive plus". They have a little coffee shop with pastries and cupcakes, their snack shacks were delicious... the turn down service... just the little niceties that really make you feel pampered.

The other factor that makes this resort amazing is the staff. They are so friendly and courteous... I'd be remiss if I didn't single out a few for amazing service because they really stood out... Guadalupe at the snack shack was so friendly and cheery.. Salazar, a waiter during the day at the Main Pool. Norma, the hostess at the buffet, Miguel the Bartender at the Main pool bar all really left an impression on me and the others in our group.

The beach front area was also amazing... kid friendly and safe. The weather was also perfect every day.

I know that this property was recently purchased by Hyatt... so I'm not sure what the future will be like, but if there's a Hyatt executive reading this I would say DON'T CHANGE A THING!

I honestly have zero to complain about. The best I could come up with was the sand gets really hot on bare feet during the day. That's all I have... and that's not even a real complaint!!

In reading reviews prior to going, I came across one couple that said they have been there 25 times. After being there myself. I can easily see why.

Room Tip: Upgrade. Any room in the Preferred Club tower will be awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family