8,824 results
All reviewsclub towerseaside grillprivate beachpreferred towerworld cafeolder towerdreams resortblaze restaurantsunset barmain poolmain towerturtle releaserock climbingjungle tourall inclusive resortfire showasian restaurant
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here March 2-9, Wow, That was a great holiday, loved the hotel and enjoyed many of the staff and restaurants. Lets start by saying Jose Alberto(Concierge), Thank you for helping us to have a great say, The guys at the pool bar give very good service, really enjoyed being served by Miguel. Lillia in the lobby bar was fast quick and effiecent even when it was very busy. Alma in one world cafe always had a bright smile and always was their to assist us. My favorite place to eat was the Seaside grill, but enjoyed all the restaurants, Italian very good too. I work in a hotel as a server so sometimes i can be picky about service, all in all 95 percent of the service we recieved was very good. When you check in they will try to get to you to do a time share thing, even thought they tell you its not a time share, if you don't wish to waste 90-3 hours of your time, then i don't recommend. We did have a few small hiccups during our stay, We had inquired about moving rooms from the regular tower to the preffered tower, and we ended up talking with Lucy(manager) this woman is rude and needs to learn to talk to guests properly, I had to walk away from her before i said something that i would regret.The last day i seen her in the lobby i smiled at her and she just gave me a dirty look, As for the rest of the employees at this resort very very nice, hard working and i would totally go back to this hotel if they were not closing. We started off in the regular tower, the rooms are big and there is nothing wrong with these rooms, but the preffered rooms are much better with better amenities.
Next time we want to try going to Secrets...i hear many staff will go to this hotel. i hope to come back to PV and see you all soon

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had initially booked a three night escape at Dreams Puerto Vallarta through a travel agency but had to cancel due to a family incident. Fortunately everything came out well on the family end so we re-booked the night before (through the hotel this time) and drove to the beach from Guadalajara.

Upon arriving after a five hour drive, with my young nephew being carsick most of the way, we were advised that our reservation had been cancelled. My credit card had apparently been good enough to make but not hold the reservation. I found this odd since there is a very significant limit on the card. I therefore requested to use a phone or computer to contact the bank but was refused assistance until I paid to access to the paid wireless network. It was that this point I lost all respect for the resort.

I made contact with my bank and was told that the re-booking had been flagged as potential fraud in view of the earlier cancellation. The block was removed and we paid for one night since we had been driving for six hours and just needed to crash. We left the next day.

What kind of hotel charges you $20.00 so you can pay them $480.00 a room a night. It is that little nickle and diming that cost you business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Adrian J
Dreamspv, Quality Control at Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

In behalf of all Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, we are truly sorry for not fulfilling your expectations. All your comments are seriously taken in consideration in order to improve the quality in our services. However there are a few points that you may have forgotten to mention; one of them is that you were not charge for the internet usage, our resident manager talked to you and apologize about the incident with your reservation which occurred because of your credit card. As an act of good faith and service, you were given a late check out and we made arrangement for your stay at a different hotel.

As a committed company we have high service standards which are reinforced everyday through our managers, all of them have the goal of having all of our guests satisfied with our services.

We look forward to hear from you soon!

It is a pleasure!

Esmeralda Alcalá
Quality Control

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We've been to this property before and enjoyed it very much. We were concerned to hear that it will be undergoing a management change on April 1. I have to say this was our best trip to date at this property. All of the property's standards were upheld - the rooms, grounds, beach, public spaces, food & beverage outlets and food & beverage quality. The service was outstanding, The following especially did their most to exceed our expectations - Daniel Navarro (GM), Felix Briseno (Front Office Manager), Kristian, Hector, Damion, Louis and Arturo. We'd like to thank the entire staff for making our vacation special and memorable. We hope Hyatt will do its best to keep this property special.

Room Tip: You want to be on a higher floor. The Dreams Tower has more of a Mexican feel while the Preferred Tower is newer and has more of a modern feel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ralph C
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As this was our first visit to this resort, we're very upset that it is closing so soon. We would have certainly gone again next year with our family. As it was, we visited as a couple and stayed in a balcony room in the older tower. No complaints. The rooms without balcony get a little more floor space in the room but we loved the outdoor space to sit and listen to the waves and watch the sunset. Staff was phenomenal, from the cleaning staff who were in the room no less than twice a day to the beach wait staff who asked about our needs many times a day. The morning Yoga class was challenging and fun, the rock climbing was near impossible (but that was just because I had never done it before) and the jungle trek was fascinating. All this without setting foot off the resort!
The proximity to PV was a dream. We were able to trek out of the resort and get into town for about $6. The bus, accessible just outside the resort was cheaper still. We wandered the city for hours and bought some fascinating handicrafts and art. Never felt unsafe. A little lost, maybe, but never unsafe.
I was also traveling with a vegetarian who had no trouble finding food to eat. The sit down restaurants were fantastic, especially the Seaside Grill. The buffet was of good quality but I thought that the food variety could have been better. There were 2 theme buffets while we were there as well. The Caribbean night had fantastic food and so-so entertainment. The Mexican night was opposite. The buffet was truly uninspired but the entertainment was a bit better.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Both towers offer ocean views. Get a room higher up (above 16th or 1600) for the best view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here back in September 2013. I could not recommend it more. Lovely rooms, beautiful location, friendly staff and amazing food. We cant wait to come back here again. This would be one of the best Hotels I have stayed in. Thanks Dreams for making our dream holiday perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family