“Stayed while Dreams” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Stayed while Dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at this property while it was a Dreams property. The location was beautiful, beach was gorgeous, and staff is great. I hope the Hyatt keeps the same staff that Dreams had because they are truly excellent. I would recommend the premier tower and an upgrade, the higher the floor, the better. Thank you!

Room Tip: Higher floor, upgraded tower.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pooferfish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

That is a beautiful resort. We came here on a day pass in April and had a great time. They checked our ID at the gate as we entered and we were good to go. Walked by a very busy pool and music playing as we swang to the right and then decided to sit at a more quieter beach. It was wonderful. Service was excellent and the food was VERY GOOD! All of the servers seemed happy and were working hard to please the vacationers. Lots going on there. Only a couple of vendors on the beach and they were not in our face. We ordered some chicken quesadillas and they were done in 5 minutes and yummy. I was impressed. We really enjoyed the relaxation at this resort and being pampered for the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank 777Deana777
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at Dreams about a year ago and it was amazing, amazing views, amazing service, amazing beach. We loved every second of it and always said we will go back, hopefully we will still be able to! looking forward to reading reviews under the new owners.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean front, request a room higher up for amazing sunsets
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank KSkelton330
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visited this hotel in July of 2013 when it was Dreams Puerto Vallarta. It has a great beach where you can swim(although the undertow dips past 5 feet after about 20 feet out), kayak, and there are locals readily available to take you snorkeling and parasailing for around $50. The resort itself is getting older, and as soon as we arrived we were presented with the usual timeshare sales attempts("come to our breakfast and find out more info"). We had a basic room that was very disappointing, the windows were humid and had condensation on them, the bathroom toilet leaked water..granted it was the muggy time of year, but you could tell everything was fairly outdated. We had a choice of a few restaurants, the italian and mexian options were a joke and the food was poor. The outdoor seafood restaurants were good, they had some nice walk up spots, and there was a good buffet breakfast each morning. Our waitstaff was great, no problems there, and the hotel staff were overall friendly and attentive and even upgraded our room the last 2 nights to one of their higher end units, which was also nice but still outdated. The pools were poor, not very deep, one was always in the shade. It wasn't too hard to find chairs to lay out on, and drinks were always available. You definitely can't walk to old town from here, you'll have to take a taxi or bus. The best part is the beach, by far, a very nice stretch to lay out on with Los Arcos a short boat ride away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jonathan B
Draper, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This review is written with tears in my eyes. My husband and I discovered this magical resort 10 years ago and have been back 13 times since then. We were there in January of this year, and my dear friend and I (whom I met on that very beach 10 years ago) decided to make one final goodbye trip April 3-8. It was as usual a beautiful vacation, yet bittersweet in so many ways. We were upgraded to the Preferred tower, and loved it, yet we were in love with the older tower as well.

I have written many reviews of this resort, and I am sad to say this will be my last. We joined the Unlimited Vacation Club 2 years ago, just for this resort. We will not be able to visit when it is Hyatt as the UVC is only for AM resorts. This is okay. We fell in love with the resort, yes, 10 years ago, but what brought us back year after year was the wonderful staff who have become our dear friends over the years. Some of them will be transferring to other AM resorts in the Puerto Vallarta area, and we will go where they go. If not, we will meet them in town, or go to their homes as some of them have extended the invitation.

Dreams PV was an incredible chapter in our lives, and our friends we made there have changed our lives for the better. I will name a few of our amazing friends who were former staff members of Dreams PV : Bethy, Damian, Tony, Oscar, Christian, Samuel, Luisa, Lilia, Salvador, Victor, Daniel, Miguel, Susy, Orlando, Jose, Christian, Gregorio, Nuria, Norma, and many, many, many more. (I am sorry if I missed any of you my friends).

Adios mis sueños

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
17 Thank 1Drumgirl
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

this hotel is a spectacular place to go on a private beach offers many amenities it's one of the most beautiful hotels in Puerto Vallarta I was planning to go this summer and stay in the presidential suite but unfortunately I think they're closing down for the summer which makes me super sad I hope I will see you the same employees when I try to go next summer but the employees in the property just make you feel so relaxed and pampered that you can't resist the going to this location I give it 5 stars all the way.Thank you Dreams resorts and spas Puerto Vallarta for always taking good care of me and my son every time we've come and of course you're beautiful beautiful hotel and location the privacy makes it and I look forward to m our next trip there hopefully next summer to the can come visit you're beautiful hotel and the wonderful staff

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank noelle d
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We travelled here with my husbands family for his sisters wedding. The location is incredible!
Gorgeous setting and landscape! We were pleasantly surprised with a room on the 16th floor and the view from that height was spectacular! We were traveling with our 8 yr old, and 3 mo old daughters and we all had a great time. There was a fun trampoline for the kids on the beach that our oldest loved. The trip and wedding were planned for us by Marcie at Beach Bum Vacation! I highly recommend her!! She had planned our wedding as well and we were happy to work with her again! Service was excellent. Loved all of the pools! Loved the restaurants!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family