“Frigate birds!”

Full-Day Puerto Vallarta City Highlights Tour
US$99.00*
Snorkeling Cruise in Puerto Vallarta with Lunch, Open Bar
Reviewed 20 April 2014

One of the major reasons I wanted to go to Los Arcos was to see the frigate birds roosting. We saw them from the road close to them and then from the beach in Mismaloya. We were immediately hit up by someone who wanted to take us to Los Arcos for $25 each. Snorkeling equipment included and one hour out there. This probably would have been wonderful, but my husband and I didn't plan to spend long there and did not have our swimsuit, so we decided we could see well enough from the beach and did not pay the $50. Next time I am in PV, this will be one of my must-dos.

1  Thank Crystal H

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Easy to get to by an abundance of water taxis in port for about $15. Find a guide that speaks English, which is easy to do. After your tour of the beaches, they will drop you at a beach side restaurant for a meal or just snacks and cocktails. Walk back to port or catch a cab to see the city.

2  Thank KCChaCha
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked a snorkeling excursion here and ended up snorkeling for about 15 minutes total. The seas were choppy and you can't see the bottom. Just some fish and some beers. It was a good boat ride, we saw sea turtles and a few wild dolphins once we were way out into the bay. The tour did not offer fins which for me is a major loss. I feel more at home in the water with fins and i certainly would never think of snorkeling with a LIFEJACKET but they required it. Meh... It was a bad day for snorkeling overall, but I wouldn't mind trying again sometime. I've had better snorkeling in Haleiwa, Oahu.

2  Thank NoNameCanadian
Reviewed 4 March 2014

No matter which boat tour you take, you will really enjoy snorkeling at Los Arcos. The water is very nice, the caves are fun, and we had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

3  Thank david760
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Many colorful fish but they are used to being fed and crowd around anyone with fins. Went with Beach Boys tours and they did not stay here long enough. Hire a more private boat if you want to snorkel longer. Also they would not let us take our lifejackets off and that limits what you can do. Out of all the boats there we did not anchor but all other smaller boats did. Just saying.

3  Thank eyereent