“Breathtaking”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Highly recommend this attraction, nature at its most luxurious. The arc is a natural wonder, it truly looks like a dinosaur drinking water. The snorkeling is some of the finest ever, colorful, abundant marine life. We were here in October two different years.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank sandrahaaspiper

Anchorage, Alaska
197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“A must stop if you like to snorkel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have done trips from Puerto Vallarta several times that stopped at Los Arcos and always enjoyed the stops. The water is clear and there are great numbers of fish to see. Many tour boats that go on out to the small villages and beaches further out all stop at Los Arcos for those who want to snorkle. Most boats anchor close together very near the near to town side of the largest island rock. There many boat crew " chum" or feed the fish and at times I have been literally surrounded by many of the colorful fish while snorkeling. Actually, the 2 nd largest smaller rock a little in towards shore and back towards town has the best snorkeling, with some very shallow reefs or pinaccles on the side facing the largest rock. I saw a much greater variety and there is also a big arch or cave you can swim all the way thru. Taking a bun or roll along will attract reef fish up close for photos. I recommend trying to on get a smaller boat too, so you have a less crowded visit. It is a very worthwhile outing and I recommend it.

3 Thank PaulAK2011
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Snorkeling Los Arcos - amazing!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My sisters and I went to Los Arcos on a private snorkeling trip with Karla, owner of Boca Divers and we LOVED it! We went on an early morning snorkel, and it was so worth it. We got to Los Arcos before all the other tour boats arrived and had the place to ourselves. Karla was super attentive to us during the trip and shared her knowledge about the fish, birds, and vegetation surrounding the area. We saw a variety of fish, an eel, and rays.

4 Thank Frankie R
Lynnwood, Washington
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Solid Snorkeling, Great Place to take Pictures”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spent 45 minutes snorkeling here by taking a boat 5 minutes from Mismaloya Beach and they gave my wife and I snorkeling gear for $500 pesos total... WELL WORTH THE $$$ spent. I would recommend going that route over a major tour and go early in the day when there aren't so many boats around. Not a lot of variety of fish, but probably the most amount of fish I've been around... Was probably the bread our guide was throwing in the water just above our head :)

This should be part of your trip to PV if you like snorkeling.

4 Thank AustinR40
Los Angeles
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Tons of fish”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Although the visibility was only around 15 feet, there were tons of fish to see. Bring some bread with you and the fish will be swarming all over you. We even saw a spotted sting ray swimming around 10 feet below our feet. You can even swim through the arches in the rocks. Watch out for currents and don't get too close to the rocks as you may get pushed in and cut yourself, but no one got hurt in our group. We went our early around 8 AM and we were the 1st boat there.

Visited June 2014