Stayed at Casa Cupula for ten days recently. The service is truly excellent from the manager, Tina to the concierge, Fernando and to all of the waiters in the hotel restaurant, Taste. A special shout out to Chino who was the pool bartender. It was also a pleasure to meet and spend some time with Don the owner.
We stayed in room 201 which has a good view of the water (unfortunately a newly constructed condominium building blocks about half of the view) and a great terrace, shower and mirror. It is just above the restaurant Taste so you hear the conversation once dinner begins, not a sound we found bothersome.
The hotel does have to get the wi fi straightened out as we had numerous problems; although the staff did their best to assist.
As far as overall rating we put it down as very good (as opposed to excellent) as we think it is a little expensive, especially for the rooms, breakfasts, drinks and tours. The hotel provides a 50 peso voucher for breakfast but it is not sufficient to cover even a small continental breakfast. If money is no object and you do not mind a 10 minute walk to the beach this is the place to stay.
It was our first time to Puerto Vallarta and we really enjoyed the experience. Beach is great, people are friendly, and food is very good. In addition, it is the most gay friendly place I have been, other than perhaps Provincetown and Key West.
We would in particular suggest Los Veranos Capopy Zip line tours, which you might consider booking through Diana tours. It was a hoot, once you get over initial jitters. The staff was excellent and lots of fun. Also the parasailing from the beach in front of Blue Chairs was reasonably priced and lots of fun, a piece of cake after the zip line tour.
Also if you want really great bar food and a very lively atmosphere check out Hot Fridas on Los Altos. Owner Chris and his dj partner and staff are very welcoming. A great place for a quick dinner, good drink, wild videos, and all in all a great time. I think we went four times in a 10 day stay.
Tip for a romantic dinner is La Palapa on the beach. Waiters are very professional, the restaurant is beautifully appointed and there is a very romantic view of the beach and sunset. For a fun ending to the evening check out any of the flaming coffee drinks. It is worth the show from the waiters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cupula is one of the most luxurious boutique hotel resorts in the world, welcoming gay men, lesbians, and friends of our community. We offer the services of a five-star mainstream resort in four boutique properties: Casa Cupula, luxurious Villa Sevilla (great for groups), Private Residences and Owner's Villa. Gourmet food compliments four pools, a gym and sophisticated modern design. Located in Amapas, walking distance to gay beach clubs, nightlife, restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Cupula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cupula Puerto Vallarta
- Casa Cupula Hotel Puerto Vallarta